Sony Vita Games Thread

Dude, you're already on my friends list. Renegade_Rocks right ? Or you have a new one ?

I think BillyIdol has 2 accounts also: Billy_Idol and Billy-Idol

My friends list is full. Will have to drop someone to add more friends.

I am using : RenegadeRocks , without the underscore, for my Vita to avoid switching accounts to buy from India store. This account was the one I intended to use on my ps3 too, but INdian accounts did not have the functionality to send friend requests when I created it long back on buying my ps3.
For the time being, you can remove my earlier account, if u cannot find anybody else ;), and add this one !

Damn ! The Motorstorm RC downloaded from the US account doesn't work on any other accounts :( ! Looks like content is region locked if bought digitally ! It keeps telling me to re-download the application. Even the demo of Little Deviants doesn't work :( ! why would anyone region lock a demo ? The demo of Unit13 , also downloaded from the US store, works fine, though !

@Patsu: i'll check on my vita and accept.

DLCs are locked to the account where you download from.

The free MotorStorm RC game is a US special. I don't think EU and Asia offer it.

Thats how its been on the ps3. The DLCs work on region specific games, but games downloaded from any account work on all accounts on the ps3. Motorstorm RC doesn't , even the demo of little Deviants is region locked !

I was suspecting this after I saw account locking of Trophies in DD content, and thats the main reason I shifted to my Indian account on Vita. Resetting the Vita isn't that cumbersome but it seems content is anyways account locked, so one has to play from the account one buys from. There's no other option as of now.

Thats how its been on the ps3. The DLCs work on region specific games, but games downloaded from any account work on all accounts on the ps3. Motorstorm RC doesn't , even the demo of little Deviants is region locked !

I was suspecting this after I saw account locking of Trophies in DD content, and thats the main reason I shifted to my Indian account on Vita. Resetting the Vita isn't that cumbersome but it seems content is anyways account locked, so one has to play from the account one buys from. There's no other option as of now.

I'm not saying that this can't be typical of all games, as I think more DD games are region / account locked, but note that as Motorstorm RC has a very specific sponsorship deal for the U.S. and therefore free in the U.S. (for a limited time), that particular case is very justified to be region locked. In fact that deal probably couldn't have happened if it wasn't for region locking being available. Personally I actually prefer the EU deal of 5.99 euro for both the Vita and PS3 version as in total that's about the same price and there's no car sponsorhip stuff polluting my beautiful Vita game. ;)

Another fairly valid reason for region locking stuff like demos is that other regions have localised versions. For Playstation 3 titles, many of those have all the languages and regionalisation built in, but DD content for Vita tries to be more conservative with using space, so not all languages may be in there in all regions. Mind you that still doesn't really explain why Little Deviants is region locked, as that one hardly has any intelligible language as far as I remember.

That said, if you're dependent on other regions for a lot of your content, it obviously sucks when region locking is in place.

Yeah, finding out stuff as i go around the device n all.

Btw, hows Mutant blobs? There's seems to be no demo for it n have been hearing good things about it.

Yeah, finding out stuff as i go around the device n all.

Btw, hows Mutant blobs? There's seems to be no demo for it n have been hearing good things about it.

If you like platformers, this is a very good and varied one, especially for the price, that kind of mixes in some elements of Katamari with platforming, has leaderboards for all levels, and some features here and there that use some of the Vita specific features in usually a fairly neat way.

If you like platformers, this is a very good and varied one, especially for the price, that kind of mixes in some elements of Katamari with platforming, has leaderboards for all levels, and some features here and there that use some of the Vita specific features in usually a fairly neat way.

I'm really enjoying the mutant blob game. It's a perfect pick and play for a bus journey. But I think that Escape Plan has the edge for me, the combination of gallows humor and puzzle solving coupled with a complimentary sound track and those lovely monochromatic graphics is just special.

ok. Wasn't able to wait anymore so I caved in and grabbed vita+16GB card while coming back home from work. Can't remember when it was last time I was so excited about a piece of electronics. Might be when I bought ps3 long, long time ago :)

edit. Bought uncharted, lumines, rayman and superstardust from store. Downloaded the minis I already had bought on ps3 and having in general good time spending money. Oh, man. great, great fun. If I could hope something is that they would bring the psp version of gran turismo to store and provide it for free for those already bought it digitally. That would make me do some flips!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can't I see demos of PSP titles on the store like GOW and MGS:pW and so many other games like PAtapon, etc ! I want to try out all that stuff which I missed by not buying a psp, but I can't find it anywhere on the store :( !

EDIT: Also, I just remembered I have a copy of Killzone Lineration on my US account, but it says cannot download on a Vita :( ! Why!?!! :unsure:

Why can't I see demos of PSP titles on the store like GOW and MGS:pW and so many other games like PAtapon, etc ! I want to try out all that stuff which I missed by not buying a psp, but I can't find it anywhere on the store :( !

EDIT: Also, I just remembered I have a copy of Killzone Lineration on my US account, but it says cannot download on a Vita :( ! Why!?!! :unsure:

The compatible PSP titles are listed here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466654

Yeah, I have only heard good things about the Mutant Bob game so far.

It says :

I own the American version, but it won't let me download !

I see patapon 1-3 on vita on device bought on US but PSN account is europian. Don't dare to push the purchase button, I already bough too many games today :)

On another note music unlimited says "not available on your territory" but I don't mind as I use spotify anyway.

I see patapon 1-3 on vita on device bought on US but PSN account is europian. Don't dare to push the purchase button, I already bough too many games today :)

Ha ha, same here ! I think my next Vita spree is coming up though. Completed Uncharted 3. Got stuck in a difficult Escape Plan level. Finished Plants vs Zombies twice. Played Unit 13 demo and liked it.

On another note music unlimited says "not available on your territory" but I don't mind as I use spotify anyway.

That's odd. Your profile says you're in CA, US of A.

Ha ha, same here ! I think my next Vita spree is coming up though. Completed Uncharted 3. Got stuck in a difficult Escape Plan level. Finished Plants vs Zombies twice. Played Unit 13 demo and liked it.

That's odd. Your profile says you're in CA, US of A.

Maybe I'm screwed up somehow on my PSN account. I made the profile in europe but I do live in US now(small city of sunnyvale quite a miles outside san francisco)

You mean download from Vita PSN store, or from PS3 ? Is the game available on Vita store ?

I mean Vita PSN store. Its not available on the store if I search for it, along with many many other good psp titles, but it shows in my download list.

Is the ps3 Vita store different? My ps3 is dead, so I browse only from my VIta.

Maybe I'm screwed up somehow on my PSN account. I made the profile in europe but I do live in US now(small city of sunnyvale quite a miles outside san francisco)

Heh heh, that means I will show up in your Near map sometimes. ^_^
I have lunch in Sunnyvale rather often.

Music Unlimited is available in select EU countries...

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/indu...-out-music-unlimited-service-1005841152.story

Effective immediately, Music Unlimited will launch in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden. The service, which boasts a catalog of over 12 million licensed songs, including repertoire from all the majors and leading independents, is already available in the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, France, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand and Spain, although the size of catalog available varies in each market.

I mean Vita PSN store. Its not available on the store if I search for it, along with many many other good psp titles, but it shows in my download list.

Is the ps3 Vita store different? My ps3 is dead, so I browse only from my VIta.

Apparently, Sony is still working on the PSP compatibility list. The Vita store does not show all working PSP titles.

However, if you can transfer the game from PS3, then these games should work on Vita.

According to Dylan Cuthbert, Sony will update the PSP compatibility list in April. PixelJunk games are on that April list for example.

Back