Sony PlayStation Showcase [2021-09-09]

Any chance of them showing Uncharted Collection for PC? Maybe along with a teaser or logo reveal for the next Uncharted title?
Uncharted sequel maybe, but PC ports probably not because they clearly say "future of PS5" in the blogpost. Speaking of which, they clearly say they won't show anything about PSVR2 so the only safe bet IMO is God of War (the "updates from PlayStation Studios" statement weighs in on that).

You’ve been awfully patient, and we thank you for that. And now we’re looking forward to showing you what we’ve been working on.

Tune in next Thursday, September 9 at 1:00pm Pacific Time / 9:00pm BST / 10:00pm CEST for a look into the future of PS5. The Showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes and include updates from PlayStation Studios and some of the industry’s most imaginative developers, for games releasing this holiday and beyond. And stick around after the presentation to get more updates from some of the studio teams featured in the Showcase.

One thing to note: PlayStation’s next generation of VR won’t make an appearance this time. But there will still be plenty of great PS5 games from developers large and small. We hope you can join us!

I wonder when they'll talk about PSVR2 then, since they already mentioned they were going to talk about it this summer.

Any chance of them showing Uncharted Collection for PC? Maybe along with a teaser or logo reveal for the next Uncharted title?
I suppose there's a chance, but up until now Sony has only really announced PC versions of their games through obscure interview-type articles from websites. I expect that to change as time goes on of course and their fanbase gets used to the idea of seeing PC pop up every so often and getting some screen time during these Sony events..

But I don't think we're there quite yet. I think this Showcase is geared specifically towards pleasing the console fanbase.. as it should be. Sony fans have been waiting for their 2021 event.. and this looks to be the big one. I think PC announcements will come to the smaller State of Plays and only occupy a very small amount of time.

I'm still super interested in seeing what Sony have to show. I want to see some more groundbreaking stuff.

Yeah, guess their focus is on PS5 instead of what their PlayStation Studios are doing. It would have been a great opportunity to showcase what their acquisition of Nixxes brings.

Yeah, guess their focus is on PS5 instead of what their PlayStation Studios are doing. It would have been a great opportunity to showcase what their acquisition of Nixxes brings.
That's Bloodborne on PC babyyyyyyyyy :neutral:

The guy who revealed the Ghost of Tsushima expansion before it was officially announced is saying he is hearing of Infamous news.

Please.. please.. please.. please.. remastered/re-imaginaed original Infamous for PS5.

You mean Nick?

Ok. Please take this one with a grain of salt because it’s one of the things I couldn’t get confirmed. But because I like the series I’m hoping it’s true. But there’s a chance we could see Infamous make a return at Sony’s showcase. Fingers crossed.

I doubt it. I kinda doubt Infamous will be there. Hence why I said take it with a grain of salt.

So basically he heard that Infamous might be there, but he was not able to confirm it, but he hopes it will be there?

I want Rocket Ranger from CinemaWare, I changed my mind, I want King of Chicago :D

So basically he heard that Infamous might be there, but he was not able to confirm it, but he hopes it will be there?

I want Rocket Ranger from CinemaWare, I changed my mind, I want King of Chicago :D
Yes, basically. What about.. It Came from the Desert...

Reactions: JPT
but once again the only safe bets are PSVR2 and God of War Ragnarok.

Sony already said that they wouldn't be showing anything regarding PSVR2.

PSVR games I would think are also a no go as those would be shown sometime soon in the near future with the PSVR2 in it's own showcase.

Reactions: snc
hope they give us more colors for the PS5, we already have black DualSense so all black PS5 would be great...

I generally watch Sony/PlayStation presentations the day after - often because they 'air' at 2am in the morning UK time, but here I am. My first 'live' PlayStation event for some years.

Captured on Playstation 5 ... proceeds to show a video of actors and maybe the most over used 80s song.. Tell me how do you feel..,

Back