Sony Playstation E3 2013 Events

The AC4 crashing and Destiny occasionally freezing were kinda worrisome. I hope PS4 is well ventilated.

I doubt these games were running on anything but a dev kit. No way they were running on retail hardware at this point.

So Eyetoy is dead then?
we can only hope!

And in the process making sure the camera and any games that might require it (Move games) remain pretty much irrelevant as it won't get widespread adoption since developer's can't rely on someone having one.

Regards,
SB
Yeah that is great news... less move games and more real games.

Amazon has the PS4's camera listed at $70 US, so I'm assuming it's not going to be bundled. Clever way for Sony to get that magic $399 price.

And in the process making sure the camera and any games that might require it (Move games) remain pretty much irrelevant as it won't get widespread adoption since developer's can't rely on someone having one.

Regards,
SB

Well, basic online multiplayer not free is a bit disappointing, but the overall package is still fine for me. I think I played less than 10 hours online in total in the past year, but a few hundred hours of single player, mostly disc games borrowed from friends. Too bad the PS+ in my region has a record of not being as good value as the US and EU ones. I may have already subscribed otherwise.

The Quantic Dream demo graphics is what I want to see in next gen games. :cool: Hopefully more like that in the 2nd or 3rd year of the console's life.

it is a bit funny "omg 399, Sony just won the war forever!!!"

And now those people gonna pay an extra 250 or something in online fees this gen :LOL:

But hey, MS been doing it for years. And too greedy to subsidize the hardware with that money.

I believe Sony laid down a mountain on XBOX One!The PS4 will launch a hundred dollars less and no DRM at all!I think Microsoft is really going to be hurting now.I am not a fanboy,but saying Sony came to kill and they I'd!

I doubt these games were running on anything but a dev kit. No way they were running on retail hardware at this point.

we can only hope!

Presumably the dev kits would have better cooling, however.

Still, I wouldn't make a big deal of it yet. After all, at best these games "might" be in a BETA stage but could still be in ALPHA stage of development.

Regards,
SB

Amazon has the PS4's camera listed at $70 US, so I'm assuming it's not going to be bundled. Clever way for Sony to get that magic $399 price.

The first reveal made it seem like it was included, and some marketing materials had it listed both ways (included vs required separately for some games). Head fake maybe.

Not bitter, I just find it amusing that on the one hand some people cheer on Gaikai while on the other hand complain that they can't maintain an internet connection for 24 hours at a time sometimes. :D

Regards,
SB

I think you are confusing things, it's obvious that if you want to play games that is on the internet you will need internet access, it's to be expected. The problem is buying a disc at a shop, taking it home and then requiring an internet access to play the content on the disc.

The only minus is the fee to play games online, it's stupid. But even with that minus it still beats the (from what we know) competitions offerings..

PS4 gamers who aren’t Plus members can still enjoy single-player games for free…and access to media services won’t require Plus

Sony simply hit the ball out of the park on this one.. still in shock :-/

You are interesting.

Ishare games with at most 3 people.
My console is always connected.
I only sell my games at the end of the consoles life.
Xbl for a year, is less than I spend at a bar on any given weekend.
Ps4 stuttered and on crashes several times tonight and showed quite a bit of cg/in-engine just like Xbox did.

The games so far look comparable if not identical for the most part.

Talk about incessant bias.
Everyone of your posts in this thread had the smell of an under bridge dweller. This one is no different.

I think you are confusing things, it's obvious that if you want to play games that is on the internet you will need internet access, it's to be expected. The problem is buying a disc at a shop, taking it home and then requiring an internet access to play the content on the disc.

The only minus is the fee to play games online, it's stupid. But even with that minus it still beats the (from what we know) competitions offerings..

Sony simply hit the ball out of the park on this one.. still in shock :-/

So is that why steam failed ? Cause you shouldn't need to have internet access to play a game you bought on a disc ?

These arguments make no sense at all.

It will be interesting to see the advantages devs give to ms because of this .

We've already seen the announcement of both COD exclusive DLC and BF4 exclusive DLC .

I wonder if MS will end up getting a lot of DLC and content by virtue of the DRM on the system

So with PS+. For <$5/month I get free games on 3 of my devices?.

Really?.

Sweet.

So is that why steam failed ? Cause you shouldn't need to have internet access to play a game you bought on a disc ?

These arguments make no sense at all.

If Microsoft had the same thing steam does (where you can take it offline with a click of a button) people would thing the comparison is valid.

PS3 Dimensions: 325mm (W) x 98mm (H) x 274mm (D)
PS3 Weight: Approximately 5 kg

PS4 Dimensions: 275mm×53mm×305 mm
PS4 Weight: Approximately 2.8kg

So basically it's a shorter, thinner fat PS3. It looks smaller than it is. That weight difference, though. It must run significantly cooler than we though.

Also, are we sure there's no brick? The back looks like it will have a brick.

The first reveal made it seem like it was included, and some marketing materials had it listed both ways (included vs required separately for some games). Head fake maybe.

More likely they initially wanted to include it, but in order to beat Microsoft on price they had to leave it out.

Regards,
SB

Get reasonable, people. This is irrelevant. Sony had far less content and you declare them winners for used games??

Used games, better content, and far more variety. Cheaper entry point and no big brother. It's gaming freedom not the jail that ms would impose. That is a definite win.

I believe Sony laid down a mountain on XBOX One!The PS4 will launch a hundred dollars less and no DRM at all!I think Microsoft is really going to be hurting now.I am not a fanboy,but saying Sony came to kill and they I'd!

Ubisoft had the best e3 conference. MS' was better than Sony's and showed as many real games being played in an hour less.

$399 is the only real win.

Ubisoft had the best e3 conference. MS' was better than Sony's and showed as many real games being played in an hour less.

$399 is the only real win.

$399.

PS+ being across all 3 devices for one price.

No DRM that makes me think the NSA is heading Microsoft.

I see 3 wins.

Used games, better content, and far more variety. Cheaper entry point and no big brother. It's gaming freedom not the jail that ms would impose. That is a definite win.

Better content is subjective. Some will prefer what PS4 has and some what Xbox One has, no need arguing that one. However...

Both consoles will have used games. Except...

On one of them you'll be able to trade in your digitally purchased game while on the other, you won't. But on that other one, you'll be able to give away physical disks without restriction.

So it's a bit of a give and take on that. Since I buy everything digitally now a days, that makes one method of used games more attractive to me than the other.

And variety was pretty much the same with both consoles dominated by shooters/action games.

Regards,
SB

Back