The Annual E3 Ubisoft press conference thread, 2019 edition

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by BRiT, May 14, 2019.

1. BRiT

BRiT (╯°□°)╯
    Moderator Legend Alpha Subscriber

2. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Finally watched it. Watch Dogs 3 looks like something I want to play. Watch Dogs 1 and 2 I wasn't even interested in so this was a surprise to me.

Other than that, the rest of the conference sucked.

Regards,
    SB

3. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

The Tom Clancy military games (The Division 2 and Ghost Recon: Breakpoint) are in my opinion much more interesting than Watch Dogs 3. Hopefully sometime a Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell game will come out.

#3 Jupiter, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    RancidLunchmeat likes this.
  4. dobwal

Legend Veteran

I love TD2. And Breakpoint and WDL are both now on the purchase list. The John Wick like combat and the ability to play as any NPC in the city while dealing with permadeath has me intrigued.

5. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

Watch Dogs 3 may play very well but it is too colorful and funny for me. When it comes to Breakpoint you should play the demo since this type of game is not suitable for every type of player. It's more about co-op. The Division 2, on the other hand, also works very well as a single Player title.

6. Silent_Buddha

Legend

You must have seen something very different from what I saw. Watch Dogs Legion looked very grim, especially compared to WD2.

The only little bit of humor was the Retired Assassin, the Grandmother. And that just made it so the overall tone wasn't extremely grim...just really grim.

Regards,
    SB

7. cheapchips

Regular Newcomer

I might need to try it again but WD2 left me pretty cold. 3 seems to have the same infiltration gunplay so a big meh from me.

However! The play as anyone has me intrigued. Really curious as to how it's implemented. And can you have a whole team of grannies?

8. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

I liked the original W but much preferred the sequel. You could play great lumps of WD2 without resorting to direct violence at all because the options to create mischief were so much better. I'm not sold on Legion yet, I need to see more of it. Being a native Londoner, the absurd accents are hugely off-putting.

9. cheapchips

Regular Newcomer

Hate to point this out, but to a native northerner your accent sounds exactly like that. ;-)

DSoup likes this.
  10. Sigfried1977

Veteran

To someone from abroad it sounds charming and funny. I'm still not convinced, though. I mean Ubisoft has barely pulled off a single well written character, and now they're going all in and try and write hundreds of them?

11. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

I'm a bit of a mishmash having lived around the UK, Western and Eastern Europe more than half of my life, never being in one place long up to pick up anything distinct.

cheapchips likes this.