Sony @ GDC: Phil Harrison's Keynote

Singstar's next on the agenda, and finally there's talk of downloadable tracks via the Internet; also customisable backdrops, the ability to store videos and photos within Singstar and share with the community - it's all about turning Singstar PS3 into "a next generation experience".

Edge said:

I doubt it's heavenly sword. It sounds like it was a Havok/SCEE tech demo:

"Richard Lee and Andrew Bowell from SCEE and Havok show off people getting blowd up.
Think fancy rag doll physics in high def. The demo has thousands of these fully 3Ded, fully skinned people getting blown into the air amidst the sounds of explosions and screams."

Singstar wrapped things up!

Now where's our media! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Griffith said:
no rsx information, again, demos, demos, demos
what a disapointment

Well, I'd hazard a guess thinking the RSX info would be better suited to the seminars being held over the conference.

Of all the demos, I was hoping Lair would make an appearance.

Let's add some flameworthy material ;)
2:21 - Insomniac developing for the PS3 because of its superior firepower, very exited about Blu Ray. Storage is the key for them. Extremely excited about cell.

People are disappointed in the confirmation of an included hdd? That's plenty of excitement for me.

Reading IGN, Resistance and Motorstorm sound awesome..

edit - wow, that knights "demo" was Heavenly Sword, apparently!

basanti said:
Kutaragi speech: Price will not be below $425 US if i remember right

He said nothing about price, that was misreported.

I would not be expecting price until later in the summer, or TGS!

Edited from IGN post

the presentation from NT of Deano was shown again, this time with employees being blown up and thrown about as before. This time, though, it was in realtime, with real physics and realtime ass kicking. The camera in the demo zoomed out to show employees as if ants miles away, then zoomed tight for amazing close-ups of nAo eating nutella.

runs.....

Back