So who's playing Warhawk?

I had a go at this last night, and ended up playing for three hours. After struggling a while to get in a game at all, I ended up in a warhawk only server where I could hone my flying skills. Man is there a lot of depth to them! I love it. Combining the motion controls with the analog sticks for being able to turn and roll and do all sorts of other stuff is just crazy. It also helps to find out how the different lock-on systems work. I'm also starting to get fast enough slowly to at least use some chaff every now and then. The flying is great, and some of the levels are pretty awesome. It's pretty hard, but it's very good fun.

I'm still waiting for my preorder to arrive, go figure :).

During the beta, I used to practice Warhawks by creating private games on maps with bridges or arcs. It turned out to be quite fun actually, a little antisocial of course.

I can't believe people aren't rioting over absence of matchmaking. It doesn't have to be perfect, even random is fine, but this server selection thing is so last gen/PC, The option for ranked matches should have been there. :(

Love the Warhawk.
Just learning my way, and I usually really really suck at online games, but this is just so much fun. I think I'm more of a ground troop though :) The skilled players shoot me down too soon.
Flying with the SIXAXIS works great!
Graphically very impressive, even more so that this was just a €30 purchase!
Definitely worth the wait. I do miss the single player campaign, hopefully a downloadable extra some day.
Just 5 maps, but I think it's only good at the beginning. You get to learn those maps and that makes the games more enjoyable you knowing where to go and where the better weapons are.
Well done Incognito!

My friends are telling me Warhawks rocks--cool. The more games like this the better :) Q: Can you run more players with a ded server over a client server? What is the max for both?

32 for both. In practice depends on your bandwidth.

Apart from bandwidth, does Warhawk run in a way that you can play + server 31 other players? On some PC games you can do this with no problem (I have played on my PC with BF1942 and servers 63 before) but other games are really CPU intensive and you get a realistically lower cap when not running a ded server.

If 32, cool!

Apart from bandwidth, does Warhawk run in a way that you can play + server 31 other players? On some PC games you can do this with no problem (I have played on my PC with BF1942 and servers 63 before) but other games are really CPU intensive and you get a realistically lower cap when not running a ded server.

If 32, cool!
Game lets you host a player server with 31 other players. Does it affect gameplay even with sufficient bandwidth? I wouldn't know. My upload peaks around 90 kB/s and lag was quite noticeable around 20 players. But I'll be surprised if the server ever becomes CPU limited as the hardware is fixed and the option is there.

I had no interest in this game since I've learned it's going to be multiplayer only.
But after reading the reviews and especially when I learned about the 4 player split screen and PSN at the same time, I must say, I'm really tempted to download it.

Yeah, I didn't expect there to be a lot of off-line fun in this game, but having a local game split-screen (two or four-way) is actually quite a lot of fun too.

I love this game. Though, I'm losing interest fast. I guess when the most important features (stats, medals, ribbon, ranking, connectivity, messaging) of an online only game are broken, it's easy to lose that lasting appeal. Here's to hoping they fix it soon.

I updated the PS3 firmware to 1.92 and bang, Warhawk can't connect to the network 99% of the time. Also even after playing 10 or so matches on different ranked servers (the SCEE ones in blue with a trophy next to the name, those are ranked right?) I still have zero stats and so on.

Other than that, it's a mighty fun game, but I can't understand how ranks, medals and all that are so hard to get working. I just can't.

I haven't looked into it much, but despite not having had a chance to play more than a couple of sessions of totalling about 5 hours, I did rank up twice already.

I updated the PS3 firmware to 1.92 and bang, Warhawk can't connect to the network 99% of the time.
This is where online only gaming sucks. If you can't get online for whatever reason, you gaming dollars are wasted. Offline campaign games always let you get some value playing them offline. If a firmware busts you machine, that'll be a crazy aggravation. Certainly it would make me run around the streets in despair. That's way too PC like for my tastes. Consoles are supposed to just work!

I haven't looked into it much, but despite not having had a chance to play more than a couple of sessions of totalling about 5 hours, I did rank up twice already.

Same for my friend, he gets ranks nicely. I don't, and apparently neither do an assload of people.

This is where online only gaming sucks. If you can't get online for whatever reason, you gaming dollars are wasted. Offline campaign games always let you get some value playing them offline. If a firmware busts you machine, that'll be a crazy aggravation. Certainly it would make me run around the streets in despair. That's way too PC like for my tastes. Consoles are supposed to just work!

Agreed. And it's not like the actual network gaming doesn't work - it does just perfectly when you can frigging LOG IN.

What surprises me here is that again the game refused to let me log in, but as soon as I turned the PS3's power completely off (the switch in the back) and restarted the console, everything works just fine. And like I said earlier, the problems began after I updated to 1.92.

does Warhawk default to 720p or 1080i if you have both checked? if it defaults to 1080i, has anyone compared 720p vs 1080i?

I updated the PS3 firmware to 1.92 and bang, Warhawk can't connect to the network 99% of the time.
I received my copy after the update and had the same issue. However the problem disappeared after deleting the cache. What cache you might ask, that would be Internet Browser cache. :)

Other than that, it's a mighty fun game, but I can't understand how ranks, medals and all that are so hard to get working. I just can't.

Puzzling indeed.
does Warhawk default to 720p or 1080i if you have both checked? if it defaults to 1080i, has anyone compared 720p vs 1080i?

I think 720p is the default when it's enabled but I don't know about the interlaced mode,
You may want to check out the upscaling thread.

It will default to 720p. You will need to uncheck 720p in the PS3 display setup in order for it to default to 1080.

As for deleting the cache, you can also log out and then back in and that should solve the network timed out error....err, at least it worked for me. I know that a lot of people are having difficulty signing into PSN to begin with since the 1.92 firmware, so this might not be the best solution.

Where in the XMB do you delete the Internet Browser Cache?

They're talking about the web browser?

So it uses some HTTP for rendering the online UI?

Just picked this up today, got the retail version since I wanted to get the bluetooth headset anyways. But I haven't been able to log in yet, just keep getting "servers not responding" ;( Any official word on a fix for this?

Back