So who's playing Warhawk?

The game isnt clicking with me yet :cry:

it has lots of potential but some minor things really brings the experience down imo, and its always the minor things that matters most.

things that need improving imo

- Head shots...why isnt there headshots?!

- less bullets with the machine gun to kill someone.. seriously it takes 4 clips to bring someone down :rolleyes:

- fix the physics with the jeep ( why cant anyone get vehicle physics right!) bungie is the only one so far *sigh*

- Bigger blast radious with rocket launchers and grenades!

- more powerfull guns on the warhawk, i sat there for 1 min tailing another warhawk while i was shooting the hell out of him and took not even a quater of his life!

this game needs some balancing big time!

fix them and this game will own

Machine gun - I disagree...I rip everyone up, if it was less, everybody would be shouting at me. I just don't think you're shooting in the right place- shoot at their head.

Bad idea for grenades, I kill everyone with them as well...if the radious was bigger then it would be annoying. You need to improve your skill and aim.

More powerful guns on Warhawk? That's absurd - use your missiles...that's what you're meant to use. You need to practice with the different weapons, not complain about the weak ones.

Headshots would be extremely annoying (extra damage by shooting the head is fine) - plus there are already snipers.

As for physics on vehicles - I couldn't comment.

The only problems I'm having with the game are connection problems, stats, need for partys and ingame messaging (aka resistance).

Practice practice practice! (and then join our clan when you're good!)

With GreekDNA's complaints in mind, I did some isolated testing on a LAN game as much for my own knowledge as to replicate his accounts.

Headshots actually do more damage. There's no 1 hit kill with them, and frankly, I'm thankful for that (keeps people in play longer). From my testing, clean headshots do 4 points of damage vs 2 for body shots (that's with the handgun). But I found this to be inconsistent at best, often netting 2 points of damage, instead of 4.

- less bullets with the machine gun to kill someone.. seriously it takes 4 clips to bring someone down :rolleyes:

From a reasonably safe distance (further you would be in a squabble, but about where you would be approaching someone that's unaware) its takes about 1 full clip of direct body hits. Closer testing netted similar results. In actual battle with a moving target, a lot of your clip can be wasted on the ground (unless you've got a good bead on the target, and you're leading it at the correct distance and rate).

fix the physics with the jeep ( why cant anyone get vehicle physics right!) bungie is the only one so far *sigh*

Hmmm, I'm interested to know what you mean. You have an example to better illustrate your point? Too floaty, poor handling, lack of connection with surface, etc?

Bigger blast radious with rocket launchers and grenades!

The blast radius is actually pretty big, but not the instant kill radius. Apparently, Warhawkians are quite durable. :D Indirect hits from both, however, have a far greater impact on health than direct hits from the Warhawks homing missiles (on humans, at least).

- more powerfull guns on the warhawk, i sat there for 1 min tailing another warhawk while i was shooting the hell out of him and took not even a quater of his life!

From an average dogfight distance 1 pull of the trigger takes off about 1 and 1/2 bars of health. Holding the trigger until the heat meter hits the first marked point takes off 2/3 of a Warhawks health. Holding the trigger down until the gun completely overheats leaves about 4 bars of health for a Warhawk. That's with direct hits, mind you. And that's exactly what I try to aim for.

That's not to say the game doesn't have some balancing issues. But I think most of the problems you mentioned would be solved with tighter aim. You can do your own testing by simply setting up a LAN game, with a 2nd controller as the 2nd player. Then you can test blast radiuses, weapon effectiveness, etc quite effectively.

Random Fun Facts I Discovered While Testing:
  • You can knife kill someone passing by in a Jeep, from either side (left or right).
  • If someone is standing on your Warhawk's wing while hovering, and you descend quickly the person won't descend as fast and will fall back onto your wing (basic physics, but still funny to watch).
  • If you tip someone off of your wings while hovering, you cannot descend fast enough to save them.
  • A stationary tank (w/ one occupant) is defenseless if you stand on top of it. The turret will most likely not sweep you off when it rotates (when you're on the tank and not the rotating turret). Your character will simply adjust his legs over it. Although on the short end of the tank you can be knocked off.
  • Why are there no female combatants or characters of any sort?
  • Braking hard enough with someone on top of your tank may slide them off if they're not quick to recover.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dunno if its possible, but yeah, they went a little heavy on the AA.

it takes just over 2 clips for me.

- fix the physics with the jeep ( why cant anyone get vehicle physics right!) bungie is the only one so far *sigh*
jeeps handle ok to me.

- Bigger blast radious with rocket launchers and grenades!
grenades seem fine. they could have made the rocket launcher a little bigger, but that would ruin the nice balance of the game imo.

there is some strategy involved... some people are very good. you have to make sure you get close to your enemies before you go on firing your missiles, otherwise its easy for them to dodge them. also fire your machine guns to lower their health.

this game needs some balancing big time!
i disagree, i think this game is very balanced and thats what makes it so fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe its just not your cup of tea. ;)
it does take some practice (especially with the Warhawks) because some people are just very good. try starting off in the Lvl1 SCEA servers and work your way up.

i honestly didn't think i would enjoy Warhawk as much as i am. i thought it would just be like Battlefield, but its so much more balanced (ground, air, vehicle combat etc) that its a blast to play, thats what i love about it so much.

maybe its just not your cup of tea. ;)
it does take some practice (especially with the Warhawks) because some people are just very good. try starting off in the Lvl1 SCEA servers and work your way up.

i honestly didn't think i would enjoy Warhawk as much as i am. i thought it would just be like Battlefield, but its so much more balanced (ground, air, vehicle combat etc) that its a blast to play, thats what i love about it so much.

Cheers man great idea

atleast i can get some practice in without getting my ass handed to me :LOL:

Connecting To Servers

Not sure if this has been said already but...

When joining servers the messages appear to be wrong.

I think you can only join at the start of a map, so if you try and join a server with the remaining time the same or very close to the game time you should get in (providing there is space).

Where as if you try and join a server (with space) even a couple of minutes into a map you get the message "Server Full", which it isn't, so I assume it should say "Game in Progress"?

The above it what I read in another forum and seems to work for me :)

I think it says server full for more than just the server full reasons. I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking one common one is when you are trying to join a server that has a level cap beyond your ability or something like that. No idea if that is even possible.

Well, if you try to join a match that has a lower rank cap than your own rank.....it will say you are ranked too high. Is that what you mean?

Back