So who's playing Warhawk?

Cool! I'm on 24\8 here on a business line, though I get about 18\6 on average. Wonder what cap I'll have on that?

Yes... I got it. Am thinking of moving my PS3 to the office, gigabit network and Class A network direct (almost !) to Internet :LOL: . Let's see how many I can host.

Bought it, but no chance yet to give it a go. Maybe soon.

What kind of connection do you have to support 20 mn games? I've got a 6M/768K setup that gets me about 640K actual upload, and that caps me at 8.

20mbit/1mbit up yields a 12 player server

which is running now (dedicated even :)), it´s been full since i started it 4 hours ago. The other servers seem filled to the brink as well..

Ah, I should maybe set it up as a server then, when I can't play. ;)

Can you see anything when you're hosting?

Great game!
Will probably log many hours into this in the coming weeks:)
Got pretty rammed on the first try online, but now I have practised my aerial skills a little bit in local multiplayer...
Flying the warhawk is like a dream with the SixAxiS!

20mbit/1mbit up yields a 12 player server

which is running now (dedicated even :)), it´s been full since i started it 4 hours ago. The other servers seem filled to the brink as well..

That is really odd... either something is really wrong with my connection to icog's servers or I'm doing something wrong. Whenever I host I don't touch anything and it defaults to 20. Very weird.

That is really odd... either something is really wrong with my connection to icog's servers or I'm doing something wrong. Whenever I host I don't touch anything and it defaults to 20. Very weird.

The auto measure seems a bit messed up, maybe the route to the test server isn´t perfect or my line sux.

The players on the server averages 125-135 on the screen with pings.

Things I love:
-Latency Tester , which activates before you host a game.
I hate it because it's totally borked.

The route between me and whatever server they have to measure against must be terrible because I am only allowed to make 4 player server games despite I'm on a high capacity ADSL2+ line with over 2Mbit upstream bandwidth and over 12Mbit down.

That OUGHT to handle a little more I think!
Peace.

Wait, didn't they put up a lot of servers anyways?

So why would anyone want to dedicate their console as a server?

Can a console host 32-player games like the dedicated servers which Incognito put up?

No, not if you CHOOSE to host a DEDICATED server. ;)
I don't understand what you were asking then. When you said do you see anything if your hosting, what did you mean? Anything extra in top of the game? Anything while you wait for people to join?

I don't understand what you were asking then. When you said do you see anything if your hosting, what did you mean? Anything extra in top of the game? Anything while you wait for people to join?

Shifty, a Dedicated server means your only running a server client (for performance reasons), your not in the actual game, your (in this case, PS3) acts like a real server, and thats it. Your just the 'thing' everybody connects to in order to play, and all your PS3 does, is reroute information to other people, its not running the game, your not playing, your just hosting.

The only thing you see when you run a dedicated server, is (if you choose to) stats like scores and ping.

If your just hosting a game (aka, NOT a dedicated server) your actually playing the game.

Yes, a dedicated server means you make your PS3 host the game, without you yourself playing.

However, in some games, like MGS3 Online, you get a free camera of the action. So while you host the game, you can watch other people play. You can watch from their perspective, or from various locations throughout the game map. It's a bit like in resistance, where you can join a game as a spectator, except then you're not hosting a game yourself in the meantime.

So that's what (and why) I asked.

Great game, but I really dislike the idea of having to host a ranked server - I couldn't find *any* ranked servers during the couple of hours I played it last night. I mean it's all fine and dandy to play deathmatch and whatnot but it would be nice to have some stats and ranks to show for it.

Other than that, great fun!

With the chance of repeating other posts :)

Dedicated means i don´t play on the server, it´s dedicated to host games.

However in dedicated mode Warhawk display various information about the game that is running. You can see the map, the scores and the time limits. You can also see a more detailed score map where each player is listed with kills/deaths/score and Ping.

After each game the Server uploads data (i´m running a dedicated ranked server)

When i played Quake 24/7 in the old days i always picked a dedicated server, there wasn´t some kid with a ping zero that had a big advantage on those.

Seeing how many that connected i´m gonna leave it running while i´m gone for the weekend :)

On another note, this game was 40$ that is around 50-60 dollars cheaper than full priced instore games.

Back