So who's playing Warhawk?

Yeah, stats seem rather hit and miss. I've got quite a bit of stats but my playtime listed isn't nearly what it should be and I've earned ribbons and such that still show up as never being given.

As for sensitivty on the motion control, like mine at 100%.

i'm getting kind of frustrated with the stats... i've played for a total of 6-7 hours on SCEA ranked servers and i still have no stats. people say wait a few hours or even a day, but its been 2 days now. :???:

A couple weeks for me now without stats updating. I've been playing on ranked servers exclusively...

So is there team-play aspect involved?

It sounded like every man for himself. With people getting free rides on tanks and Warhawks like those creatures which attach themselves to whales, and then getting off just as the tank or Warhawk is getting attacked.

So is there team-play aspect involved?

It sounded like every man for himself. With people getting free rides on tanks and Warhawks like those creatures which attach themselves to whales, and then getting off just as the tank or Warhawk is getting attacked.

Ha ha, no it definitely involves team-play ... whether it's team-deathmatch, zones, capture the flag or whatever, working together and thinking as a team definitely plays out.

Warhawk supports Team Deathmatch, Capture-the-flag and Zone game modes. In these games, 2 or more team competes with each other.

It also supports clans:
* leader, logo, slogan, member management tools (probably basic)
* clan-specific mail/message to coordinate matches and practices
* clan/buddy list

My copy is still unopened thanks to Lair (I'm at the "Find Water" level now) :(

Last edited by a moderator:
starting to get the hang of the motion controls. i can't see how you guys like the motion sensitivity so high... i had to actually lower mine to 40%. i fiddled with the neutral position angle because when i'm playing i'm usually kind of laid back, that seemed to help quite a bit. i'm also not even using the analog stick to aim, just aiming with the sixaxis. i also just figured out how to power slide.

anyway, this game just got even more fun using the motion controls. but my stats still say i haven't even played yet! :???:

btw, do you guys have any tips to evade missiles?

Yes. The first step is figuring out what missiles are coming at you. The ones from the SAM launcher that shoots two are extremely difficult to evade. So here chaff is essential.

If you don't have that, obviously then the easiest is flying very closely around objects. The missile tries to get you using the closest path it can, so if a shortcut to you goes through a mountain or anything else, that's going to stop the missile.

Finally, you can outmanouver the missile even in mid air, though it's not easy. Missiles, if they shoot past you, don't turn around and come back. They can turn only so much, and the key is for you to be turning right before they hit you. In practice, you'll see skilled pilots make a sequence of short turns quickly following one another once they get a missile on their tail. The most efficient way to do this is by a combination of using the motion controls for general steering and then amplifying this using the right analog stick (I think it's the right analog stick by default, with the left analog stick controlling the aiming reticule - but your settings may vary).

Be careful though - there are default and special missiles, and the heavy hitters (I think they are yellow icons when you pick them up) are a lot harder to evade. A SAM launch pad shoots two of these heavy babies at once, and they rarely miss ... (which is also cool, when you are manning one of these babies yourself ;) ). But they can be evaded like the other missiles using the above means, it's just a great deal harder.

Is it possible to host a multiplayer game with multiple users on one console? That is, host say an 8 player game with 4 people split-screen coop on your console making a team, waiting for other folk to come online and challenge you?

man this games addicting... i played it from 5am until now (8am). my stats are finally saving, although they didn't add all my stats from playing the previous few days so that kinda sucks.
ahhh, i need sleep.

Is it possible to host a multiplayer game with multiple users on one console? That is, host say an 8 player game with 4 people split-screen coop on your console making a team, waiting for other folk to come online and challenge you?

Yes. Very easy to do, and a great deal of fun. You and three mates against the world!!

Great game. I can finally access my stats, but they are not really up to date. I hope they will update in the next days.
Today I tried the split-screen online with a buddy and it worked really well. But we spent most of the time playing seperately one after another on the ranked servers afterwards.

yeah, i got the game a few days ago and played exclusively on ranked servers, and until yesterday, it said i haven't even played yet. my stats finally updated but it only showed the stats since friday (when they did the update). i just played another hour today and checked my stats but they didn't update right away like lastnight. they better add the stats from today... i was kicking ass! :smile:

yeah, i got the game a few days ago and played exclusively on ranked servers, and until yesterday, it said i haven't even played yet. my stats finally updated but it only showed the stats since friday (when they did the update). i just played another hour today and checked my stats but they didn't update right away like lastnight. they better add the stats from today... i was kicking ass! :smile:

They are saving them...but won't show up straight away.

Not as bad as me. I'm ranked as a Wingman, but I only have 100 points :D

wow, what a fu***** joke the lobby system is. i've tried to join servers as low as 15/32 that say they're full when i try to join... i tried at least 10 servers before i finally got in one. it almost makes me NOT want to play the damn game... /rant :devilish:

Yup. There are a few things that this game really needs.....a matchmaker, a better messaging system, ability to form a group and all join a game together, better server updates(your issue), ability to view other players stats without having to search through the leaderboard....etc. Despite some of the blaring ommisions that this online only game needs, it's still a blast to play when you get in a game. Here's to hoping Incognito is working on fixing up some of these features.

wow, what a fu***** joke the lobby system is. i've tried to join servers as low as 15/32 that say they're full when i try to join... i tried at least 10 servers before i finally got in one. it almost makes me NOT want to play the damn game... /rant :devilish:
Yeah, and the worst part is after attempting to joining that supposably 15/32 server and being told it is full, you can go back to the browser and find the exact same server still reporting 15/32. I really figured they would have that fixed by now.

Ok I'm going to set up the B3D Warhawk clan. I'll take on the responsibilities....but it seems that this might be a more laid back clan, which is OK with me. I won't be that hands on, but I'll try and link everyone up and at least get it started. I have a feeling we're in different time-zones, but I mostly play against americans (I'm in the UK) so I'm sure we'll all line up at one point.

Time to start inviting you all.

I want everyones PSN who's interested! Quickly now.

The game isnt clicking with me yet :cry:

it has lots of potential but some minor things really brings the experience down imo, and its always the minor things that matters most.

things that need improving imo

- Head shots...why isnt there headshots?!

- less bullets with the machine gun to kill someone.. seriously it takes 4 clips to bring someone down :rolleyes:

- fix the physics with the jeep ( why cant anyone get vehicle physics right!) bungie is the only one so far *sigh*

- Bigger blast radious with rocket launchers and grenades!

- more powerfull guns on the warhawk, i sat there for 1 min tailing another warhawk while i was shooting the hell out of him and took not even a quater of his life!

this game needs some balancing big time!

fix them and this game will own

Back