Shadow of the Colossus (Remake 2018) [PS4]

Can't wait. I think I'll use 1080 60fps rather than 1440p 30fps, since the AA technique seem very nice. With HDR on my LG C7, oh my... But, lot of games to finish first :/ Need more time.

I wonder how Ueda would react to all those positive reviews :), maybe the remake really turned out to be how he originally envisioned it to be.

Most people also mention that the sense of atmosphere is actually heightened - contrary to popular belief that the atmosphere is 'lost' from the original. The crazy lightning, the details, the HDR and bloom all work towards making the game more atmospheric than it could ever hope to be in its original form. So that ends that argument right here.
Just looking at the original side by side, it looks like a bunch of grey pixels buzzing and swimming around, not unlike white noise. It basically looks like a TV that was left on an untuned channel in 1985.

Given how realistic the whole thing looks now I think the floppy animations appear a tad bit on the dated side if I'm being completely honest with myself.

Really love how much new effects they've pumped into this remake/remaster hybrid. Volumetric lighting, water caustics, PBR, advanced fur effects and indirect lighting are just incredibly presented, also they seemed to littered every inch of the terrain with grass and foliage which is damn impressive. Of course the lack of any wild animals and NPCs apart from the big guys would contribute heaps, but this just comes out so beautifully rendered it's breath taking regardless. Can't wait to virgin playthrough it on the Pro with HDR.
Virgin play through? Gosh I'm so jealous of you right now. Fuchs

I wonder how Ueda would react to all those positive reviews :), maybe the remake really turned out to be how he originally envisioned it to be.
Considered how much the art design diverges from his own, I'd say no.

Most people also mention that the sense of atmosphere is actually heightened - contrary to popular belief that the atmosphere is 'lost' from the original. The crazy lightning, the details, the HDR and bloom all work towards making the game more atmospheric than it could ever hope to be in its original form. So that ends that argument right here.
Just looking at the original side by side, it looks like a bunch of grey pixels buzzing and swimming around, not unlike white noise. It basically looks like a TV that was left on an untuned channel in 1985.
The people praising this are the same who have no appreciation of the original's aesthetics, as you just demonstrated.

Considered how much the art design diverges from his own, I'd say no.

The people praising this are the same who have no appreciation of the original's aesthetics, as you just demonstrated.
According to Eurogamer it is very faithful artistically to the original

According to reality it's not.

Diane-Lockhart-diane-lockhart-26975828-500-282.gif

You are not reality :p

Lets see:

- Soft, low contrast look VS harsh, high contrast look
- Carefully selected color palette VS generic "cinematic" look
- Muted colors VS saturated colors
- Alien sunless sky VS generic HDRI skybox
- Barren decaying land VS lush vegetation everywhere
- Bloom everywhere VS bloom nowhere

Yep, totally faithful to the original.