The failure of Resident Evil. An epic rant....

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Grace Saunders, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Nesh

Nesh Double Agent
    Legend

Was the game bullshit?

2. see colon

see colon All Ham & No Potatos
    Veteran

I would like an explanation as to why you think the controls were utter crap.

3. Nesh

Nesh Double Agent
    Legend

Yeah and I also didnt say that they were deliberately made that way. I said that the limitations of the time made the controls that way.
    But they worked for the game.
    So really I am curious why so much hate. If the game sucked it wouldnt have had such a huge impact and so many fans.

#43 Nesh, Mar 23, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  4. Johnny Awesome

Veteran

We'll just agree to disagree on this one.

5. Nesh

Nesh Double Agent
    Legend

Regardless of the controls, the game did a lot of things right. Thats why it was such a success and people anticipated so much the sequel. Since the cameras were fixed with prerendered backdrops, and the only way to convey visually the atmosphere and the detailed gritty environments, those controls were the obvious option available. Otherwise we would have went with 3D real time backrounds that the technology wasnt good enough for to communicate the visual information and art. And a 2D Resident Evil wouldnt have been at all as impactful either.

tuna likes this.