Sea of Thieves [XO, PC, PS, XGP]

New level of tester - the Pioneer - not sure how I got that as I haven't logged on since the E3 Alpha..... feeling guilty now :)

the alpha is largely unchanged since they first showcased the game at e3.

so it's understandable why most folks have not dove back in. It was a very limited technical alpha. Hopefully the full game is something else entirely.

Are they going to do a demo ala Forza? I just want to see how it runs on PC, and also how low the water settings go for potato computers.

They will have more details at the New York Comic-con Panel tomorrow @ 8pm EDT. Looks like details will be related to the multiplayer experience.

Also, starting tomorrow they have a 24-hour play session starting at 3pm BST or 10am EDT.

Tommy McClain

They added another 30,000 users to the SoT insider group. It also seems like a big Alpha/Beta test event is happening this weekend, October 13th-15th.

They added another 30,000 users to the SoT insider group. It also seems like a big Alpha/Beta test event is happening this weekend, October 13th-15th.

Did you finally get in?

Who else has been waiting?

Tommy McClain

There was a pioneer test last night, and I think the normal alpha test due this weekend. Great to see more people getting in.

So what's a good time to login and get a crew going with this oblivious noob?

I toyed around for 10 - 15 minutes with some randoms before dinner. Falling damage, Sea of Thieves has it. Sharks that bite, Sea of Thieves has it. I learned those two the hard way. I'm looking forward to learning more things the hard way. :LOL:

I'm going to jump on about 10:30PM EST tonight and tommorow night , perhaps earlier in the day Sunday.
Once I get the game to network transfer from one of my Xbox One systems to another, I will be able to play too.

Tommy McClain

IF anyone wants my gamer tag just PM me i don't want to post it out in public ! I have to many enemies ... MrFox may be watching !

I will be playing again tonight if anyone wants to team up together. Had a great time last night.

Tommy McClain

I will be playing again tonight if anyone wants to team up together.

I'm sorting through my headphones/mic setup now.

---
I'm so tired and my controller is dead but recharging. Time to sleep.

I had a lot of fun playing despite getting lost on a few of the islands.

Last edited:
I think there's another Sea of Thieves session going on. I was seeing posts shared on the community activity feed earlier today. Not sure what's new, but I assume there should be something new because of the 2 separate updates earlier in the week.

Back