RTX Remix

A couple more.
LU9WORX.png

5z4ElCn.png

Just copying these files from Portal RTX to SWAT 4 exe folder:

knEJsdB.png

Then ingame, go to RTX Remix developer menu, Game Settings and then in Sky Textures select only the Sky box textures.

That should be the starting point for getting RTX Remix to work with any or most fixed-function pipeline graphics games.
Could you try this with F.E.A.R?

I uninstalled my game after completing it so I dont have those files anymore.

Could you try this with F.E.A.R?

I uninstalled my game after completing it so I dont have those files anymore.
I did just tried, it seems F.E.A.R does not have a fixed-function graphics pipeline.

I'm afraid most games after 2004 will require Shader Model 2.0. Even more so if they are cross-platform from the ground up and 0 chance for games developed for consoles first, PC port later.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Portal RTX is through the DX9 path only and not DX8 (no DX8 files?)? So this method could currently only work on DX9 games but not DX8 ones?

I wonder if you could stack this with Deus Ex's modded DX9 renderer.

Last edited:
Yes, DX8 games dont work - for example 3DMark 2001 and Max Payne 2. But i dont get it working in other DX9 games like 3DMark2003 (it loads the first test and crashes).

In order to hook into a DX8 game the dll should be renamed to d3d8.dll and maybe dxvk_d3d9.dll to dxvk_d3d8.dll, but I haven't been able to launch a DX8 game this way (both Max Payne 1 and 2 crash), so maybe this version does not support DX8.

EDIT: My bad, I thought DXVK implemented DX8 too. It should be possible to use it with d3d8to9:

Last edited:
Just copying these files from Portal RTX to SWAT 4 exe folder:

knEJsdB.png

Then ingame, go to RTX Remix developer menu, Game Settings and then in Sky Textures select only the Sky box textures.

That should be the starting point for getting RTX Remix to work with any or most fixed-function pipeline graphics games.
Did this work for you right of the gate? For me it crashes immediately upon startup.

Did this work for you right of the gate? For me it crashes immediately upon startup.
The only thing I recall is adding my monitor resolution and setting all graphics settings to low. Also, try skipping intro videos:

It looks like there's some shader based game support available in Remix already.

In .trex/bridge.conf a shader version spoof is being used for Portal (presumably to trick it into fixed function mode), also in the Remix developer menu, there is a "Vertex Shader Capture" checkbox, under game settings, step 2.

Many old D3D9 games use a mix of fixed function and shaders. Likely shader model 1 and 2 era games. I wonder if that means Remix will support more games than NVIDIA let on.

Thanks! Sadly it still freezes upon loading. I assume the culprit is the "Allow PS 2.0 Shaders" option. I can't get that one to stay off, no matter what I do. Even if I set it via the .ini it keeps turning back on.

It looks like there's some shader based game support available in Remix already.

In .trex/bridge.conf a shader version spoof is being used for Portal (presumably to trick it into fixed function mode), also in the Remix developer menu, there is a "Vertex Shader Capture" checkbox, under game settings, step 2.

Many old D3D9 games use a mix of fixed function and shaders. Likely shader model 1 and 2 era games. I wonder if that means Remix will support more games than NVIDIA let on.
I did just try again after a clean install and it is working for me, here are my config files:

Skipping intro videos seems important as the game automatically changes the resolution to that of the videos.

Attachments

• SWAT4Settings4RTXRemix.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 62
I did just try again after a clean install and it is working for me, here are my config files:

Skipping intro videos seems important as the game automatically changes the resolution to that of the videos.
Thanks for uploading! Unfortunately still freezing pretty much immediately. If I skip the intro movies I get to see the menu for about a second and then it freezes. It would be interesting to know if others are having more success.

I have the same issue, deleting the sl.dlss-g.dll from .trex folder fixed it for me. It seems that its a common fix for hanging on 40-series.

I have the same issue, deleting the sl.dlss-g.dll from .trex folder fixed it for me. It seems that its a common fix for hanging on 40-series.
DLSS-G is DLSS3 frame interpolation implementation, so it makes sense I don't have the same problem with a 3080, RTX Remix just logs that it won't try to load it.

Nice, that fixed it for me as well. Seems like there is still an issue where RTX Remix doesn't properly parse textures, but I was able to get around that by changing the detail settings in the menu. That seems to load them in.

desktopscreenshot2022cbi3e.png

swat3sdc2.png

There is an insane amount of promise here. Properly tweaked this will look absolutely incredible.

I tried some NFS games(Underground 2, Carbon, Pro Street). All of them was just a black screen. I can see them in debug views though. I also didn't find any skybox textures to select so that might be the cause if it is needed.

Back