Resogun [PS4] [free on console launch via PS+]

Ah I don't really have a PC now. Only for minor development here and there. So the laptop usually got loan out to someone else. ^_^
well its available for PC/mac in browser & native as well as mobile
So if you wanna check out an unpolished shump, let me know
prafection1.jpg

Indeed, SSDD is technically very very accomplished. It hardly ever slows down at all, I think I've only seen it happen when setting off a nuke with the screen full of junk in endless mode. The coding has to be absolutely astoundingly tight to reach this level of performance on a mobile system I would say. Housemarque proudly continues the traditions of the european demoscene, both in its gameplay design (tons of stuff flying everywhere, shiny shine, effects all over and so on) and optimizing its code really well.

Can't wait for them to actually make a PS4 game with some story in it. That would be awesome.

Super Stardust Delta is incredible... well balanced game, fun, tons of glittery graphics... just a perfect fit for handhelds. One of my favourites. IIRC I ranked quite high on my regular game runs, have to revisit the game to see how much I fell hehe.

Edit - I moved down from ~260 to 383 on Normal rank :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Stardust Delta is a significantly better game than Super Stardust HD actually.
Speaking of the Vita, whatever happened to that Dead Nation port?

Yeah, I think reducing the number of elements from 3 to 2 made Delta a much better game. I beleive the Dead Nation port is still on the way.

Yeah, I think reducing the number of elements from 3 to 2 made Delta a much better game. I beleive the Dead Nation port is still on the way.

I prefer the PS3 game, especially endless mode. It's a sight to behold and great fun. Nice 3D too, though too laggy.

Yeah, I think reducing the number of elements from 3 to 2 made Delta a much better game

Same here. The 3 weapons only ever added confusion as far as I'm concerned because 2 of the 3 simply weren't distinct enough in terms of effectiveness. It never felt like the rock crusher did anything the gold melter couldn't do just as well. The Vita versions also has way more entertaining boss battles.

Completely agree with the last comments on SSDD... it really was the better version IMO too.

At first, I thought I wouldn't like it because they took away rock crusher... but after playing it even for a while it just made complete sense.

SSDD also seems so pristinely well balanced. But I really love both games, I find them each incredibly fun and visually stunning.

I am very much enjoying the developers talk about making a "game" and nothing else... I feel like they are speaking directly to me when they say that... one that we can compete with one another to just be better at the game... nothing more pure in gaming than a little bit of that competitive spirit, reaching for that high score :)

I agree that Delta was better too, now the dead nation port is going to be a tricky one, since the original use all 4 shoulder buttons very effectively, but weapons switching on touch screen might works better.

Back