Resogun [PS4] [free on console launch via PS+]

I think I've read a hundred times already that there are five. The Giant Bomb quicklook also shows that levels change quite a bit when you play them on harder difficulty, with additional enemy types showing up.

There are 5 stages.

The enemies have "permutations" as you go along the difficulties. And there are some added enemies as well. It's hard to keep track of them though, like which ones are new, because there is so much going on.

Some of the enemies on normal mode are immobile, while on the veteran mode they move a bit. And some change behaviour on veteran mode at some point and move faster.

You also lose the multiplier much faster on veteran mode if you don't shoot anything for too long.

Max multiplier is 10x for normal, 5x for easy, 15x for hard, and 20x for hardest. On hard you aggregate multiplier faster though, even though it's easier to lose.

How do the humans get out ? Only by enemy bombs and missiles ?

"Keepers Detected" is your clue that enemies with the "keys" to the human cages are coming onto the screen screen. Look for glowing enemies, often following a highlighted white path. That white path will draw itself right before they arrive. The human that will be unlocked will have a blue icon (top left of the screen) as well.

I'm supposed to see all that right in the center of fireworks ? D^8

@_@

Yes. :p Listen out for the audio prompt, and then immediately scan the screen for the white glowing path/glowing enemies. That or let the humans die. They had their chance, probably made a good run of it, and shouldn't have gotten caught in the first place. :yep2:

Also wondering how some humans die while still in their box?

Yeah I would like to know this too.

The keeper's presence is timed. If you don't wipe out all of the keepers in a group before they leave the screen the human who was in that box will die. It's probably a terrible death of suffocation/starvation as well.

If you play Resogun over RemotePlay, you can tell it's slightly sluggish, most likely because of the 30fps-60fps difference.

L2/R2 bomb activation works. Needs a little practice.

How can I tell where the fucking keeper appears? I look around and even boost through the level, can't fucking see anything.......and then, "human lost". BULLSHIT.

What do those fucking things even look like? No idea. The game certainly could do a lot better at teaching players and explaining these things. Also, it drops frames when the level explodes.

No, the gameplay certainly does not impress. Not too enthused about the graphics either TBH. I've collided several times with stuff I didn't even notice was near my ship (hostile objects just seem to melt into the background like camouflage), and I've not gotten anywhere in the game, so the screen isn't nearly as messy as it gets in the demos I've seen online.

^The blight of modern shmups. Essentials tend to get lost amidst all the pretty. I haven't played it yet, but I felt pretty much exactly that way about Sine Mora.

7QpkEPQ.png

Yeah, I found that out. Still, it's hard to see where they are and where the humans they release are. Too hard IMO, flaw in game design. If the intent is to make the game harder, well, hard games should be hard because the game is hard, not randomly hard because it's impossible to see what to do or where to go. That's just like rolling a dice and ah, you rolled 1. Too bad, you die.

Sorry but disagree on that one. It's a point of the game that you learn strategy in saving as many humans as possible, keep your multiplier alive as long as possible, etc. So the penalty for an ill-timed bomb is losing the multiplier and freeing a human at a bad / unexpected time, etc.

Why do humans just die being in their boxes sometimes?

They need to be freed at scheduled events - either by killing of keepers or by reaching needed muliplayer score [once per level]. If you dont free them, their air runs out.

Played a bit of coop (with Arwin as well!) much easier than playing on your own!

Yes, this was cool. Went really fast and smooth as well, wait time going from NFS Rivals to picking up the invite and into the game went great. And it's good fun to play together. Ironically it pays to not stay together, as humans are often unlocked on the other end. I noticed afterwards that my voice was muted on the headphone, hopefully that works next time.

Back