Resistance 2

patsu, do you know if there is 2 player splitscreen co-op in Resistance 2? Also, is it possible to play with 2 players splitscreen co-op but have people join from online (ie 8 player co-op mode but with 2 local players)?

At this point, we know there is no SP co-op. The SP campaign is strictly for one player only.

As for online co-op, Jstevenson refused to deny "No local co-op" (i.e., your buddy and you participating in an online 8P co-op game on the same PS3). So it's still an open possibility for now. I don't know what the real story is.

So there is a difference between SP co-op and online co-op? They're not the same story/path? Sorry I'm a little confused.

As far as I know, there is no SP campaign co-op.

There is 2-8P online co-op. And yes the story arc is different.

also, multiplayer is fully customizable... you can make or search for smaller servers.
I appreciate that, but...I dunno. I can't place my finger on it. Looking at R2's multiplayer combat shown so far (competitive) it gives me the same 'I'm not interested' vibe as, say, UT3. It's not resonating with me. The multiplayer coop is bound to be good fun, I'm sure, but I don't know if I'd make the purchase for that if the extended multiplayer isn't fabulous. I really don't know. Though TBH I doubt I'll play anything again after LBP, except perhaps Sacred 2 and any other coop fantasy whack-'em-ups :D

In general, I'd recommend the co-op over competitive because there are less negative feelings when everyone work together.

But I'd also recommend playing competitive early (if you want to try !) since everyone would start with a level playing field. The maps take some serious memorization and scouting. You would be able to pick off first timers easier. It's harder to get on when everyone has learned the maps.

At this point, we know there is no SP co-op. The SP campaign is strictly for one player only.

As for online co-op, Jstevenson refused to deny "No local co-op" (i.e., your buddy and you participating in an online 8P co-op game on the same PS3). So it's still an open possibility for now. I don't know what the real story is.

I'm pretty sure JS confirmed that local co-op can be played split screen, he just didn't confirm/deny if you could then go online. But the co-op missions can be played locally in split screen.
jstevenson said:
]We're still doing final optimizations and trying to ensure things are running well:

But what I can confirm is NO split-screen campaign - it's a one-player campaign. And Offline split-screen co-op campaign is in the game.

I'm pretty sure JS confirmed that local co-op can be played split screen, he just didn't confirm/deny if you could then go online. But the co-op missions can be played locally in split screen.

Ah I see. I only got the part where he said no co-op for SP campaign. So it seems that we'll have offline co-op campaign (for how many players ?), and also up to 8P online co-op.

Also, JS tossed out a tasty little bit about Split Screen online being a possibility.

They may be working on that now, and in the next two weeks or so, may or may not get it done. It's a possibility for us to have split screen multiplayer online, so lets keep our hopes up!

Hmmm...the bullseye's bullets go in a straight line now, earlier they used to get spread a lot. This will lessen the difference between the bullseye and the carbine. Carbine's bullets are still faster though.

Hmmm...the bullseye's bullets go in a straight line now, earlier they used to get spread a lot. This will lessen the difference between the bullseye and the carbine. Carbine's bullets are still faster though.

From the RFOM 2 Beta I was playing not all the Bullseye rounds went in a straight line there was a few that went all over the place. i think the main diff from the bullseye in rfom 1 to 2 is that its a new model but it still does the exact same thing. Also rr, in the rfom 2 beta the bullseye was quicker than the carbine, i got a lot more kills with the bullseye compared to the carbine

vphu9s.jpg

What are these artifacts??
They are very visible in the gamersyde videos too....! Are these from the deferred rendering they are using for lighting?
I hope they fix it as it destroyes the immersion, especially when you see it in motion.

Back