Resident Evil 4 - Remake [XBSX|S, PS4, PS5, PC]

83.33 GB update on the Xbox Series X. At least that what what it ended up being for me. Had to move somethings around to get the update to start.

Tried the ps5 version. They just added a sharpening filter, nothing more. Meh. Vegetation is still noisy and shimmery, sharpening trick a bit the artifacts but still there. Curious what's up on XSX version, now has the same broken rendering of the PS5 but with better responsiveness. How a better IQ can cause broken controls, it's really crazy.

I saw a Reddit post where people complained that iq and performance on XSX is broken now. Controls are improved but not fixed apparently. Weird.

I saw a Reddit post where people complained that iq and performance on XSX is broken now. Controls are improved but not fixed apparently. Weird.
Performance is worse too? The patch notes said they were lowering the IQ to address the performance issues the game had.

If they're both worse than before.. then that's not good.

Performance is worse too? The patch notes said they were lowering the IQ to address the performance issues the game had.

If they're both worse than before.. then that's not good.
This is what I saw. But maybe mind is playing tricks on the gamers. Anyway if they managed to destroy iq and lower the performance it’s a disaster.

This is what I saw. But maybe mind is playing tricks on the gamers. Anyway if they managed to destroy iq and lower the performance it’s a disaster.
Capcom doesn't give a fuck to xbox platform, it's notorious. Their optimization on it was at the best reduced resolution to improve performance and end of the story. Surprise here we go again. Though maybe this time it's a bit early to expect radical improvement in such short terms and they did what they can in two weeks. On both platforms.

I completed the demo on PS5 without any complaints.

The PC version seems rock solid. I haven't seen any bugs. Of course if I wander over to the Steam forums, the land of extreme toxicity, it's another story.

Last edited:

Compared to native TAA and FSR 2.1, both DLSS and XeSS image quality is a very noticeable upgrade across all resolutions. The official FSR 2.1 implementation in Resident Evil 4 Remake has a very blurry overall image across all resolutions, even at 4K, and an excessive shimmering and flickering on vegetation, tree leaves and thin steel objects.

Both DLSS and XeSS has improved the level of detail rendered in vegetation and tree leaves in comparison to the FSR 2.1 implementation, and small details in the distance, such as wires or thin steel objects, are rendered more correctly and completely. With DLAA enabled, the overall image quality improvement goes even further, producing more detailed image quality compared to the in-game TAA solution.

However, as this mod is not an official implementation, it has some issues that TAA and FSR 2.1 do not. One of the most noticeable of these issues with this DLSS and XeSS mod is the lower resolution for all in-game on-screen UI elements and a quite jittery look of these UI elements; the lower your internal resolution, the more noticeable it becomes. The second-most-noticeable issue is the low resolution rendering, shimmering and jitter while using the scope on your sniper rifle, which might be quite distracting for some people.

Damn, it appears the patch has messed up texture loading behavior on consoles. The PS5 is apparently similar to what it was before, but the Xbox textures take a very long time to load it.

PS5

XSX

That's just completely unacceptable. I tested the PC version out shortly after it released, and everything seems fine there.

Damn, it appears the patch has messed up texture loading behavior on consoles. The PS5 is apparently similar to what it was before, but the Xbox textures take a very long time to load it.

PS5

XSX

That's just completely unacceptable. I tested the PC version out shortly after it released, and everything seems fine there.
Well, that sucks. I was waiting for the dead zone problem to be fixed before diving in, but it seems like I still won't be getting a good experience.

PS5

XSX

So much for fast storage and patching. What the hell is going on?

So if RE5 is racist because you are forced to kill African people, how come none of these fairies on GameFAQs say that RE4 is racist because Leon slays Spanish people?

You see, certain RE fanboys just preach the gospel when it comes to RE4. It will likely be the case because 4 was their very first game in the series. Because you can tell they prefer that type of game over a genuine survival horror title. A glorified action game that has nothing to do with Umbrella, until you see Wesker has Ada doing his dirty work for him. Then you realize how Capcom finally remembered what franchise it's connected to. LOL.

So if RE5 is racist because you are forced to kill African people, how come none of these fairies on GameFAQs say that RE4 is racist because Leon slays Spanish people?

You see, certain RE fanboys just preach the gospel when it comes to RE4. It will likely be the case because 4 was their very first game in the series. Because you can tell they prefer that type of game over a genuine survival horror title. A glorified action game that has nothing to do with Umbrella, until you see Wesker has Ada doing his dirty work for him. Then you realize how Capcom finally remembered what franchise it's connected to. LOL.
Wow, why are you bringing this up? This thread is about RE4 remake.

The only surviving members of STARS are...

Chris.
Jill.
Barry.
Rebecca.

I think they're too overpowered now, which is why RE isn't a scary series anymore. Leon is probably the most overly used of any mainline character.

Who cares about your dumb culture war. Go somewhere else to preach it

Back