Resident Evil 2,3, and 7 Current Gen Console upgrade [PS5, XBSX|S]

Is it bad that I never played the originals (and even the remakes in PS4, as I only ever played RE8 which was fantastic), so I’m loving RE2 so far. How embarrassing.

I for one am really glad I never played RE 1-4. My journey started with RE5 then 6 then Revelations. Now I can enjoy the modern versions without all the angst about the blasphemous changes.

Is it bad that I never played the originals (and even the remakes in PS4, as I only ever played RE8 which was fantastic), so I’m loving RE2 so far. How embarrassing.

I suppose the remakes are intended to appeal to any type of fan. Like modern day fans and the veterans. But me personally, I just didn't take to the changes with the story and the missing plants, spiders and crows, as well as the fact they repeated situations between both Leon and Claire.

Yes. The first RE game was like that, where Chris and Jill's scenarios were meant to be seen as alternative versions of each other, as both characters for example, can kill the Tyrant at the end. But the original RE2 was unique in that the game started the characters off in different directions of a burning vehicle, so you had one person off doing things while the other survivor was basically elsewhere. But in the remake, everything feels the same. It's not unique at all.

Even the so-called B scenario feels lazy.

In recent days, Capcom has removed ray tracing from the Steam versions of Resident Evil 2 and 3 Remake. As the grumbling intensifies, the publisher has finally broken the silence. This is indeed a bug that will be fixed in a future update.
Ft_PtheWIAIQFBb

Is there a chance that 3D audio is using ray tracing too to calculate sound bouncing from obstacles and walls?

Ft_PtheWIAIQFBb

Maybe they can amp up the quality while they’re at it. RE games are perfect showcases for RT but capcom dropped the ball badly.

Now I really like the RT in their games as the subtleness of it makes you forget it's there and every now and then you'll see something that reminds you RT is on.

Back