Resident Evil 4 - Remake [XBSX|S, PS4, PS5, PC]

RE4 has yet another patch. Seeing others say the aiming is better, and the IQ is fixed on Xbox and VRR is a blessing.

[XSX|S]
  • An issue preventing the game from launching when downloadable content has been installed and an account with content restrictions is logged in has been fixed.
  • Fixes to the stick dead zone (the range in which the controller’s sticks don’t respond to movement) made on April 7 have been further adjusted.
  • Changes to the graphics rendering process made on April 7 have been readjusted.
I would check if they have totally fixed the IQ on XSX. They say to have readjusted it but not back it again to the initial state. On ps5 is still identical at least and capcom is still capcom. But maybe it's just my infinite outrage for the actual state of ps5 vegetation still unexplainable shitty. I played ps4 pro demo and even that it's in a better state of the ps5. It's out of my mind how capcom still think it's acceptable such rendering issues in an hardware as the ps5. The first levels are atrocious and annoying, the haze/blurriness it's mesmerising in the daylight time.

Last edited:
I would check if they have totally fixed the IQ on XSX. They say to have readjusted it but not back it again to the initial state. On ps5 is still identical at least.
I dont play these games, so just passing along what I have seen reported from other Xbox gamers. I'm sure there will be yet another tech video about this game, it keeps on giving. :ROFLMAO:

Some folk on other forums are acting like the original RE4 is now outdated, when they used to glorify the heck out of it .

They've always been a peculiar lot, those RE shills. I'm to a point now where I really don't give a toss if they expect more remakes, because I know more are coming, cut content and all.

I mean, it's pretty obvious they're gonna have to remake every old game because it prints them money.

Anyway, the remake of RE4 is way better than the RE3 remake. They nerfed Nemesis so badly, it was painful to witness. Oh, and there was no cameo from Barry either.

It sucked balls. Jill balls, so to speak. :p

Some folk on other forums are acting like the original RE4 is now outdated, when they used to glorify the heck out of it .

They've always been a peculiar lot, those RE shills. I'm to a point now where I really don't give a toss if they expect more remakes, because I know more are coming, cut content and all.

I mean, it's pretty obvious they're gonna have to remake every old game because it prints them money.

Anyway, the remake of RE4 is way better than the RE3 remake. They nerfed Nemesis so badly, it was painful to witness. Oh, and there was no cameo from Barry either.

It sucked balls. Jill balls, so to speak. :p

It was praised for what it was. Of course its outdated
Btw that Nemesis analysis is amazing btw

Last edited:
I fear if they even touched RE(1) again, that it would be a catastrophe. But I think it's perhaps going to be beneficial to remake it for the RE Engine era newcomers, as the style of RE2 (2019) and RE (2002) are just nothing alike. And I think Capcom are treating the two periods separately with the remake timelines.

Provided they keep it faithful. But yikes. Did they do that with the recent remakes? Nope. Not really. :D

I thought those Chronicles games were better at reimagining the plot, which if you think about it, is kind of sad.

:no:

Provided they keep it faithful. But yikes. Did they do that with the recent remakes? Nope. Not really. :D

I thought those Chronicles games were better at reimagining the plot, which if you think about it, is kind of sad.

:no:

The original still exists, and in a recently remastered form at that. No need for a remake to be so strictly faithful to the original like we expect from a remasrer.

So we can safely assume capcom will never adjust the ps5 process rendering IQ as he did for the xbox console, I guess, because no one complained enough about it as the xbox users. What moron attitude.

So we can safely assume capcom will never adjust the ps5 process rendering IQ as he did for the xbox console, I guess, because no one complained enough about it as the xbox users. What moron attitude.

Or perhaps whatever they are doing differently on XBS-X is compute and/or bandwidth intensive and would impact performance too much on PS5. In such a case, PS5's ROP advantage wouldn't help.

The fact is that since we don't know what exactly they are doing or how they are doing it, we don't know if it's because they don't want to or they can't.

Regards,
SB

Or perhaps whatever they are doing differently on XBS-X is compute and/or bandwidth intensive and would impact performance too much on PS5. In such a case, PS5's ROP advantage wouldn't help.

The fact is that since we don't know what exactly they are doing or how they are doing it, we don't know if it's because they don't want to or they can't.

Regards,
SB
I don't get it. What kind of better reconstruction exactly the ps5 architecture can't handle which XSS can use at 1440p with stable 60 fps? I mean there are various toggle option in the graphic setting of the console port but why not for thr better reconstruction method too (which they have?) It's completely illogical. It's like yo say xbox version can't handle better responsive control because the hardware it's too slow compared the ps5 frequency lol.

Last edited:
I don't get it. What kind of better reconstruction exactly the ps5 architecture can't handle which XSS can use at 1440p with stable 60 fps?

Every developer does their reconstruction differently due to how they've coded their engine. For all we know the XBS-X reconstruction is purely compute based while the PS5 version is leaning on the PS5's ID buffer which was meant to assist with checkerboard rendering on PS4 but might have been expanded in PS5 to save on compute resources.

But that's the thing. None of us on this board knows exactly how Capcom is doing reconstruction in RE4-R, so none of us can say whether it's because they can't make the PS5 the same as the XBS-X or if they just don't want to for whatever weird bizarre reason. I'd lean towards there being a technical explanation rather than them deciding not to do it purely out of spite, laziness or whatever other weird reason.

Regards,
SB

Every developer does their reconstruction differently due to how they've coded their engine. For all we know the XBS-X reconstruction is purely compute based while the PS5 version is leaning on the PS5's ID buffer which was meant to assist with checkerboard rendering on PS4 but might have been expanded in PS5 to save on compute resources.

But that's the thing. None of us on this board knows exactly how Capcom is doing reconstruction in RE4-R, so none of us can say whether it's because they can't make the PS5 the same as the XBS-X or if they just don't want to for whatever weird bizarre reason. I'd lean towards there being a technical explanation rather than them deciding not to do it purely out of spite, laziness or whatever other weird reason.

Regards,
SB
Ok. Explain me now what was the tech limits of the xbox hardware (and pc also) for the worst control responsiviness then...and nothing prevent them in the worst case to put a toggle option as they did for the other graphic stuff.

Back