Resident Evil 4 - Remake [XBSX|S, PS4, PS5, PC]

Roger Cobb

Regular
It was revealed at State of Play tonight, being showed off at the beginning of the event, and the release date was revealed to be 24 March in 2023. :)

It looks scarier than the 2005 original. Of course, trailers are often made to be catchy that way. We can only hope it will live up to people's expectations...

It looks like a cross gen game

I never knew it was released on so many different systems over such a long time until I looked it up now. Anywhere from GameCube, PS2, PC, Wii, PS3, X360, Android, iOS, PS4, XO, Switch and now PS5 and XBSX|S.

Anyways, here's a trailer comparison video I ran across:

I never knew it was released on so many different systems over such a long time until I looked it up now. Anywhere from GameCube, PS2, PC, Wii, PS3, X360, Android, iOS, PS4, XO, Switch and now PS5 and XBSX|S.

Anyways, here's a trailer comparison video I ran across:

They milked the game to death. Capcom is probably reimagining this in a way that it mimics Resi2's atmosphere and survival horror. The fact that it was released so many times and generated huge profits made it like a good candidate for a remake. I hope they dont give Leon the ability to do Chuck Norris moves on enemies like the original, because it was one of the reasons that it wasnt scary and it often gave me the giggles like it was comedy material.
Huge improvement from the original even though visually it looks on par with the 2 and 3 remakes and 7 and 8. I hope first impressions deceive me and the game will look like an actual next gen game

Doesnt look better than re2r at first sight but capcom makes great remakes (or even remades as they are not afraid to change not only graphics)

A part of me feels like this is yet another cash grab. Like, they can use assets from RE8 and even RE2. After all, why does Leon look the same age? In the original, you could see that he was older. There's even a prequel portion in The Darkside Chronicles. But I don't know.

I don't want to sound like a whiner. Remakes unfortunately, don't serve any purpose. The original games are still canonical.

His physical look / age looks fine to me. The graphical jump from ps1 to gamecube was massive so there was going to be a big difference in how he looked between his appearances not to mention the move to modeling off real life actors. Leon was 21 in RE2 and RE4 only takes place 6 years later; this time for the remakes they're using the same real life actor.

re4vlcsnap-2022-06-020jj76.png

FUSPJYqWAAEEumm

I hope it keeps it's goofyness and completely insane nature. It made it really unique and taking all the fun out of it with po faced seriousness wouldent be cool imo.

What I'm saying is, leon better open the first chapter saying "where is everybody going, bingo?!"

A part of me feels like this is yet another cash grab. Like, they can use assets from RE8 and even RE2. After all, why does Leon look the same age? In the original, you could see that he was older. There's even a prequel portion in The Darkside Chronicles. But I don't know.

I don't want to sound like a whiner. Remakes unfortunately, don't serve any purpose. The original games are still canonical.
Well, we didnt have like proper comparisons before. Like, could have we compared the age looks between a PS1 and GC game? Leon looks to be the same age as the original RE4, but of course using a different model. A few years after Resi2 wont show much on his age

image_resident_evil_4_remake-44383-4983_0001.jpg

image_resident_evil_4_remake-44365-4983_0010.jpg

image_resident_evil_4_remake-44365-4983_0005.jpg

image_resident_evil_4_remake-44365-4983_0001.jpg

Anyone spot any assets from RE8 yet?

Ages ago, people were under the assumption that things would carry across in both games.

I hope it keeps it's goofyness and completely insane nature. It made it really unique and taking all the fun out of it with po faced seriousness wouldent be cool imo.

What I'm saying is, leon better open the first chapter saying "where is everybody going, bingo?!"
You mean the crazy melee attacks Leon could perform that could send hoards of enemies flying? I dont want this in my Resi game.

You mean the crazy melee attacks Leon could perform that could send hoards of enemies flying? I dont want this in my Resi game.
Yeah, the fun stuff, the cheese. Something every resident evil from the first one up to 7 and 8 have had which makes part of the DNA of the series . If I want a po faced survivor horror that takes it's self so so seriously the west has a pretty firm hold on that. I could go play dead space any time I want

One of the reasons I know people dislike this game, is that it abandoned the lore up to that point. I mean, why did 0 to CV even exist and become popular, if 4 was to just begin ignoring Umbrella's downfall? Eh?

Other than that, then yes, okay. It's a solid game.

Yeah, the fun stuff, the cheese. Something every resident evil from the first one up to 7 and 8 have had which makes part of the DNA of the series . If I want a po faced survivor horror that takes it's self so so seriously the west has a pretty firm hold on that. I could go play dead space any time I want
What is that cheese you are talking about? :p

What is that cheese you are talking about? :p
Is it really even resident evil if leon isn't doing eleventy billion Flippy dips, doing stupid Dante one liners, Jill continuing to be a sandwich and Chris punching giant boulders into lava.

Maybe I can understand REmake 1 and 2s desire to be a bit more serious due to the characters themselves being unaccustomed to the enemies they are facing, but even 3 remake which wasn't even that long ago had Jill doing silly one liners and picking up a 10 ton giant Lazer canon with just her hands to destroy the giant monster boss.

It's just inevitable that the series becomes less survivor horror the more the reoccuring characters show up because they have turned into badasses after surviving adversity.

Is it really even resident evil if leon isn't doing eleventy billion Flippy dips, doing stupid Dante one liners, Jill continuing to be a sandwich and Chris punching giant boulders into lava.
Thats when it started NOT being Resident Evil :p

They DONT need to turn into badasses and especially humans with extraordinary superhuman powers.
I dont think even the biggest veteran would have spat out cheesy one liners in horrific dangerous situations, be able to punch 1 ton boulders or be able to do a billion Flippy flops that would send hoards of violent beings 10 meters away and into their deaths

Thats suitable for a parody game. Thats why we have Dead Rising

Back