Resident Evil 4 - Remake [XBSX|S, PS4, PS5, PC]

Ok. Explain me now what was the tech limits of the xbox hardware (and pc also) for the worst control responsiviness then...and nothing prevent them in the worst case to put a toggle option as they did for the other graphic stuff.

I mean did you read anything of what I wrote?

None of us on this board knows exactly how Capcom is doing reconstruction in RE4-R, so none of us can say whether it's because they can't make the PS5 the same as the XBS-X or if they just don't want to for whatever weird bizarre reason. I'd lean towards there being a technical explanation rather than them deciding not to do it purely out of spite, laziness or whatever other weird reason.

Where in any of that am I claiming to know exactly how they did their reconstruction which might then make you somehow think I know how they did their controller code? Hmmm?

Anyone outside of Capcom's engine developers saying that they know would be talking complete BS. Again, that's the point. We don't know, so we can claim it's due to laziness, incompetence, bad code, technical limitations, etc.

Regards,
SB

Or perhaps whatever they are doing differently on XBS-X is compute and/or bandwidth intensive and would impact performance too much on PS5. In such a case, PS5's ROP advantage wouldn't help.

The fact is that since we don't know what exactly they are doing or how they are doing it, we don't know if it's because they don't want to or they can't.

Regards,
SB
Games actually performed better on PS5 when modes were identical. The previous game (monster hunter Switch) using that engine (and native rendering) also performs better on PS5.

I mean did you read anything of what I wrote?

Where in any of that am I claiming to know exactly how they did their reconstruction which might then make you somehow think I know how they did their controller code? Hmmm?

Anyone outside of Capcom's engine developers saying that they know would be talking complete BS. Again, that's the point. We don't know, so we can claim it's due to laziness, incompetence, bad code, technical limitations, etc.

Regards,
SB
You said they didn't used their reconstruction method because on ps5 is somewhat hardware constrained not me so I don't understand why you point me out to not to come to any conclusion when you did it for first...never claimed capcom is lazy or whatever, just said it's idiotic to use a worse reconstruction method on the ps5 hardware when a clearly inferior hardware as the xss can handle it with a quite stable 60 fps targeting 1440p; 1600p with such reconstruction method on perfomance mode, probably would have been the best of both worlds, especially considered neither on the XSX fps is that stable with the raytracing on.

Last edited:
I´m considering getting this game after completing the PS5 demo.

Which version is best, PS5 or XSX?

I would prefer to play it on XSX since i find the PS5 controller a little uncomfortable, but I´ve read about control issues on XSX.

How is the control, performance and IQ after the lastest patch on both versions?

I play on an LGCX and use regular headphones for audio.

I´m considering getting this game after completing the PS5 demo.

Which version is best, PS5 or XSX?

I would prefer to play it on XSX since i find the PS5 controller a little uncomfortable, but I´ve read about control issues on XSX.

How is the control, performance and IQ after the lastest patch on both versions?

I play on an LGCX and use regular headphones for audio.

Anyone? I know the demo version on the XSX has terrible controls.
Has any compared both after the latest patch?

Now that the smoke has cleared a bit...

Would you say this is the best remake to date? At least out of the new ones.

You can count the first RE remake from 2002 if you want.

I thought it was a massive improvement, but some of the boss fights were not anywhere as memorable as from when you fought them originally, way back in the day.

played the demo. It pretty much like RE Village, maybe blurrier ? not much interaction with the envrionment sadly, even the Quest version has some more interactions in this regard, and is much cleaner on the IQ side, but of course looks two gens apart

completed the game already a couple of months ago, after buying it on launch day, but I started seriously after Christmas. I played the game using a XeSS mod that worked well, which I appreciate.

As for the game itself, I bought a GC from a friend back in the day and two second hand games, RE 4 and F-Zero GX. I never understood whey they considered it a master piece back then, and now that I finished it a second time, I still don't think it is a master piece. It's an okay RE game but nothing out of the ordinary imho. I liked RE Village more even if it wasn't perfect, but anyways, I still consider RE2 Remake the best Resident Evil to date and RE2R Claire is my favourite character in any videogame.

I finished this on the PS5 some months ago. I thought it was really, really great. Not too scary, which suits me great, but scary enough to be engaging and have great atmosphere. Looks amazing, the village at night with the windy rain in particular. This game had me engaged the whole time.

I like how you cant store ammo or health items in the storage boxes, that enhances the flow of the game.

There were a couple of sections I thought were too hard and frustrating and too much dependent on luck. These sections need to be hard to create tension of course, so these must be very difficult to tweak, but I would have liked an option to change the difficulty up and down as you please. Personally Im not a big fan of getting multiple version of the same type of gun, should I upgrade this shotgun or wait until I get a new one?

Back