PULSE announced for Playstation Network

patsu

Legend
What the... @_@ How many Playstation information services do we need ?
[size=-2]Official Playstation Magazine, Life with Playstation, Qore, Playstation Blog, and now....[/size]

PULSE:

For fans wanting even more ways to stay connected and in the know on PlayStation news and updates, we launched a new original program, PULSE presented by PlayStation Network available on PlayStation.com.
PULSE, a part of our continuous push to provide original video programming, is a video showcase about what’s happening in the world of PlayStation. The program features new Blu-ray disc and PlayStation Network releases from the PlayStation Store, including games, demos, movies and television series available for your PS3 and PSP.
Check out PULSE at work, at home, or on the go with the PSP, appearing every other week on PlayStation.com.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/12/05/introducing-pulse-presented-by-playstation-network/

EDIT: Oh sh*t, it's live already ?
http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN

But still no Euro version of Qore? I'm sure it's coming but... still.

Will check this out (it's free!) but I'm worried it'll be more infomercial than in-depth. Happy to be proven wrong though.

How does this differentiate from Qore??

The way I see it, PULSE is like a free, bi-weekly newsletter summarizing new Playstation products and happenings for all Playstation users. Qore (US) and Playstation Online Magazine (Europe) are monthly interactive magazines highlighting selected products/services only. I think the Blu-ray movie and game release schedule in Qore may be redundant now. It's probably more impactful to list the schedule in PULSE.

Well this isn't the Euro thing. It's an Amaerican talking about the NA PSN, with movie downloads. It's just another media splash, because we don't have enough of those...

They will need to find a position which is informative but not salesy.

Looking from a PS3 gamer's point of view, the current "episode" should talk about the KZ2 media blowout (Where to find/expect the new media links ?), demo the firmware update (What's the big deal with full-screen Flash ?) and any holiday deals too.

If it's just loose news highlight, I believe the Playstation Blog does a MUCH better job because of its diversity, speed and user comments. The "Talking Head" approach should organize these loose news into something more meaningful, easier to digest for people who don't track/follow the happenings.

I really like the new US Playstation site. It's cleaner and simple to navigate now, and it keeps improving (like PS3 firmware ^_^). My only gripe is there is no way to go from the Blog to playstation.com (and vice versa) in a single click -- although the Blog news is sprinkled through the US playstation.com site.

I feel that PULSE should have a perm link on the Blog too if it's really providing up-to-date summary for people to catch up. The playstation.com site should also provide an archive for past PULSE episodes. It is not uncommon for people to leave the scene for a few weeks or months and then come back for some update.

Back