PS4 Pro Speculation (PS4K NEO Kaio-Ken-Kutaragi-Kaz Neo-san)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If sony teases weird stuff this month that date is probably true. So is a 2016 launch.
I don't buy that rumour, that would be a huge surprise if true, basically everybody expects a 2017 release. I am curious about whether PS4k Neo paves the way for high fidelity VR or not, but I don't see it being released this year, people's pockets are empty when it comes to the PS4, because PS4 gamers are buying a lot of games.

Nothing major leaked before Feb 20 2013 event. Cerny dropped the 8GB bomb nicely. This time they can drop "upgraded APU beyond wildest dream" bomb also.

Chipset is locked now (if they plan on releasing anytime soon, let alone in a couple of months). A mild up clock is all they can do.

Anyways MS will have the last word at that game regardless.

The FCC shows two RF certifications filed in June.
(AK8) M16DFL1
(AK8) M16DAM2

Still all confidential, but the small details fit:
- Bluetooth and Wifi 812.11ac
- 6 month short-term confidentiality on photos and manual, so it becomes public in December.
- From Sony Interactive Entertainment

This is absolutely the filing for Vita 2. :yep2:
upload_2016-8-9_1-48-57.png

Vita 2? Well, the original Vita was such a good console, capable and fine, but....how do you see it?

I don't buy that rumour, that would be a huge surprise if true, basically everybody expects a 2017 release. I am curious about whether PS4k Neo paves the way for high fidelity VR or not, but I don't see it being released this year, people's pockets are empty when it comes to the PS4, because PS4 gamers are buying a lot of games.
No it can still arrive in 2016. I just don't agree with it being a good idea.

Will be hard to prove whether Sony goodwill will be impacted by doing an announce and sell to the general public (parent purchasers). I get that this method is a sure way to build and appease hype (most people lack the self discipline to wait) but on the flip side there are lot of price conscious users they are going to want to know what is going to happen to their recent purchase, and with good reason will be upset by not purchasing this new device that will undoubtedly have longer legs than their recent purchase.

It's all in the messaging and all eyes, especially MS, will be watching how they navigate this minefield.

I am legitimately intrigued on how the public (not gaming forums, not GAF, N4G etc) will perceive this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how quickly MS/Sony figure out "oops, nobody buys original PS4/XBO" starting the day their successors hit.

Because I mean really, NOBODY will.

That will help quickly end at least some of their delusions here.

If PS4 sits at 299 and PSNeo sits at 399, who the heck will buy PS4? 10%? Less?

If PS4 sits at 299 and PSNeo sits at 399, who the heck will buy PS4? 10%? Less?

Does anyone expect the PS4 to stay at $299 if the PSNeo is $399? Reports I've seen around here seem to show that Sony has a healthy profit margin on the hardware and could easily lower the price.

I don't think PS4 will hit the $299 price range, even after PS4 NEO is announced.

I don't think PS4 will hit the $299 price range, even after PS4 NEO is announced.

And if it keeps outselling the competition for the next year I suppose it doesn't have to. Sony has a "free" Christmas season. How many people want an Xbox this year with the upgrade coming? You're right that perhaps an overpriced PS4 now is still more compelling than an unknown in a year.

Does anyone expect the PS4 to stay at $299 if the PSNeo is $399? Reports I've seen around here seem to show that Sony has a healthy profit margin on the hardware and could easily lower the price.

$249 would be the absolute lowest I could imagine but I dont see that. Remember, it's $349 now!

Personally I'm expecting $300 & $450 - the Neo is more than double the power and a premium product. I really hope they stick a USB on the back!

Regarding release, if they are announcing it in September it has to be due before Christmas otherwise they just threw away this holiday when they were projecting an upswing in sales (IIRC).

From my friend working in retail no news about a PS4 Neo release in 2016.

The next console release is the NX in March 2017 for him.

What was the gap from XBox S reveal to release? 7 weeks, so it's possible retail don't know for the same reason they didn't know about Xbox S. FTR 7 weeks after the event is 26th October :)

Last edited:

On the other hand, I checked a Nordic cdon.com online store that I often buy from. They have PS4 "Neo" listed at 849.95€ and a preliminary release date 31.12.2016
New hardware launches there often at €100 premium, so if that price tag is correct the rrp should be about €700-750

Don' know.
I believe I did read somewhere that the very first rumours of PS4K/Neo surfaced last year around last gamescom (august 2015) That would be a whole year of "smoke". Then the leaked documents earlier this year and confirmations of its existance in early june before. Thats already 2 months of full awareness that this thing is 100% real(if you doubted the documents) and will be 3 months early september...

everything is possible.

Honestly guys and girls, having a fall launch and not having it available for the PSVR launch on Oct 13th makes zero sense. Waiting 2 or 3 weeks for no reason other than you can is just plain stupid. That makes Oct 13th your latest probable fall launch date, then the question is what would get them to launch earlier? The most glaring would be a launch to coincide with FFXV release and a Neo bundle on Sep 30th. That would also allow for all other possible Neo bundles (PSVR, TLG, COD, GT Sport) this fall. Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if all but a token amount of Neo's this fall were available in bundles only, that would also help if they are supply limited. So yea Sep 30th looks to be the most sensible launch date, even if it's a bundle only with a later (Oct 13th) wider launch.

Chipset is locked now (if they plan on releasing anytime soon, let alone in a couple of months). A mild up clock is all they can do.

They could add another set of GDDR5 on other side of mobo [they went from 16 chips to 8 since launch], or even use GDDR5X if they really want the bandwidth. APU is set yeah, clocks is all that can change there.

BTW could they add clamshell ram on just few slots, for example 8 ram chips on one side of the mobo and 2-4 chips on the other?

f PS4 sits at 299 and PSNeo sits at 399, who the heck will buy PS4? 10%? Less?

Traditionally, general casual audience is very much attracted by lower prices. Base PS4 will continue to sell well if users see value from it [and games shown at this years E3 all looked magnificent on base PS4].

Last edited:
On the other hand, I checked a Nordic cdon.com online store that I often buy from. They have PS4 "Neo" listed at 849.95€ and a preliminary release date 31.12.2016
New hardware launches there often at €100 premium, so if that price tag is correct the rrp should be about €700-750

Thats just a placeholder. They have Scorpio listed as 31.12.2017 aswell

It's funny, I'm half expecting Microsoft to just be playing along as in "sure sure, the market wants this, we're working on a more powerful version of our current one too" - then Sony, reinforced in their belief that it needs to be done in order to not be caught sleeping when Microsoft does launch theirs, they go ahead and launch the Neo - which then of course *bombs*, because the market is absolutely baffled as to why they should just upgrade something that doesn't need to be, upon which then Microsoft comes out with a statement: "Xbox One-Two Scorpio? What? Hey Phil, know anything?? *looks at Phil [Spencer]* Do you know anything? Scorpio? Nah. Never heard of it. However we will be lauching a true successor to our Xbox One end of next year, which we can afford to do because our market is much smaller, so less segmentation".

*both continue to watch Sony lose billions in investing into something the market doesn't really want and just confuses the crap out of everyone*

Sony is not changing spec so close to launch (i'm expecting november release). And no need to, still believe Scorpio will put MS in an ankward position, pretty much guarantees PS5 will be launching way ahead of XBtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back