Fight Night Round 3 - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
NBA Street 4 Homecourt 2007 - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
Need for Speed Carbon - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
The Godfather: The Don’s Edition - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
F.E.A.R. Vivendi - Universal Games Intl SA - Disc
Gripshift - Sony Online Entertainment - Network

So no Heavenly Sword for the European launch?...

Damn... what's the release date gonna be then? Still no reason for me to buy a PS3 until that game comes out.

I blame the Lazy Developers (TM). Lazy Marco! Lazy Dean! Honeslty, you're useless!!!

You never have time to answer people's questions on here, you're taking ages to finish the game... How hard can it be!!

Will you just stop having tea and start doing some work!!

:devilish:

I blame the Lazy Developers (TM). Lazy Marco! Lazy Dean! Honeslty, you're useless!!!

You never have time to answer people's questions on here, you're taking ages to finish the game... How hard can it be!!

Will you just stop having tea and start doing some work!!

:devilish:

I blame foosball.

Cheers

Don't blame football, blame the lack of Nutella in England. Everybody knows that Marco can't work without it. If you want Heavenly Sword to be finished this century, send Nutella care packages to the NT guys! :p

There's plenty of Nutella in England.

And I think Gubbi is talking about table football. That thing that developers play continuously instead of getting on with their work.

The latest rumored release date is dec 2007. Unfortunately I'm sure that the Ninja guys can confirm or deny.

Possible reasons (of course assuming that it's true)? Maybe assets take more time to build... or it's about waiting for a sufficiently large market.

The latest rumored release date is dec 2007. Unfortunately I'm sure that the Ninja guys can confirm or deny.

Possible reasons (of course assuming that it's true)? Maybe assets take more time to build... or it's about waiting for a sufficiently large market.

Souldn't it be the other way around, that right now Sony would need to release as many AAA and hardware pushing titles as possible to increase their sales and marketshare?...

I dunno. Again, rumors indicate a 20+ million budget for HS (for example they're working with the sound design team of Crouching Tiger AFAIK), it would have to sell in the millions to make a nice profit. MS and Sony competed for the game, so Ninja theory might have secured a good deal and they'd probably like to make the most of it.
But I repeat, this is just my speculation, it could be something completely different...

It's probably in Sony's best interest to have as many AAA games as they can for next holiday season anyways, so strategically it's probably a good move for both the Developer and Sony.

It's probably in Sony's best interest to have as many AAA games as they can for next holiday season anyways, so strategically it's probably a good move for both the Developer and Sony.

That's a dangerous game though as I'm sure they would be doing better sales wise if they had a AAA game like HS out now (or around the corner).

We'll see how they do this Christmas.

Personally I think they will already have a good holiday lineup with GTA4 and the misc 3rd party multiplat games coming this year. While I agree launching this game before it's ready would be a mistake but if they can do something to help them get it out sooner (staff constraint?) they need to.

That's a dangerous game though as I'm sure they would be doing better sales wise if they had a AAA game like HS out now (or around the corner).

Honestly, I don't think that any AAA game could make a difference at this time, sales will be slow without a GTA4 sized system seller (and maybe that wouldn't help either).

Sony will need a price drop to get demand back to high levels, and they need time for that. A cheaper PS3 with a bunch of big games would fly off the shelves like candy. X360 has already proved that you can really sell millions of units at $400 with just one exceptional title and a weak brand name.

We'll see how they do this Christmas.

Personally I think they will already have a good holiday lineup with GTA4 and the misc 3rd party multiplat games coming this year. While I agree launching this game before it's ready would be a mistake but if they can do something to help them get it out sooner (staff constraint?) they need to.

They can't afford to be overshadowed again by MS's software library. They have to at least appear to have an equal offering if not better.

Summer sales don't matter as much, and they'll have plenty of multiplatform titles so store shelves won't be empty either. They probably hope to inflict massive damage by combining a price cut with a few grand exclusives...

Summer sales don't matter as much, and they'll have plenty of multiplatform titles so store shelves won't be empty either. They probably hope to inflict massive damage by combining a price cut with a few grand exclusives...

Perhaps, but Microsoft is no giant enemy crab.

Back