[PS3] God of War III Pre-Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew this was not direct feed (and not 2x MSAA either) but wanted to confirm this with Alstrong before i posted (and my an ass of myself). My thoughts where confirmed, this is a supersampled bullshot\promoshot.

Here is another shot from the same build that is clean 720p 0x msaa

GoW Direct feed 720p 0xMSAA
Why is so much attention paid to image quality when the characters don't have reflections? So many things need to be cut just to get a game to run at 60fps.

You guys are reading way too much into some year old screen shot. And people wonder why we're reluctant to give out information. Guess why!

How come there is such a 'shortage' of demos on the PSN? Or rather, why keep demos 'secret'?
I mean, why wouldn't they just put the darn demo on it for everyone to play?
Same as Heave Rain and all the others... all this rubbish about codes and pre-orders and the like. They're demos! They're supposed to be free for everyone!

How come there is such a 'shortage' of demos on the PSN? Or rather, why keep demos 'secret'?
I mean, why wouldn't they just put the darn demo on it for everyone to play?
Same as Heave Rain and all the others... all this rubbish about codes and pre-orders and the like. They're demos! They're supposed to be free for everyone!

My guess:

Cost $$$ to make and distribute demoes.

Looking at their approach, the mechanisms (e.g., pre-order) are designed to target the right audience. But I think in gaming, these people may already decide to buy the game with or without demo.

Ideally, the demoes should go to those sitting on the fence. Or if you have the resources, you can make it available to everyone.

You can also get a code in the District 9 Bluray (in North America anyway)

Ah, I mentioned it in my post above. I'd like to see them do this more. ^_^

Ah, saw the Leviathan horse crab monster some journalists were talking about. IMHO, the trailer is too scattered, can't make out a consistent theme.

Ah, saw the Leviathan horse crab monster some journalists were talking about. IMHO, the trailer is too scattered, can't make out a consistent theme.

They'll (GT) have more time dedicated to the game soon. An episode and some new clips.

I find that trailer non exciting ! Watching the demo gameplay is more fun than this trailer to me. Feels disjointed and incoherent.
The only thing cool was that boss with orange and purple lighting. He looked cool :) ! The earlier trailer felt much better than this one !

Exactly my thoughts. ^_^

Who did the trailer ? It doesn't feel like an agency's work.

EDIT: The GoW3 team just posted a blog update:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/god-of-war-iii-vengeance-trailer/

Just to give a little perspective on what we were going for with this trailer, we really wanted to sell the high action of the game and put together snippets of several of the big moments. Everything is pulled straight from the game – there is no trickery, etc. Everything is running in “real time.” There are no “cinematic” sequences here, meaning this is all gameplay.

My guess:

Cost $$$ to make and distribute demoes.

Looking at their approach, the mechanisms (e.g., pre-order) are designed to target the right audience. But I think in gaming, these people may already decide to buy the game with or without demo.

Ideally, the demoes should go to those sitting on the fence. Or if you have the resources, you can make it available to everyone.

My point is that the demo is already done. Do you mean that Sony don't want to put on the PSN for everyone to download because their servers wouldn't handle the traffic? That would be a very, very strange reason, as i'm sure that Sony have more than enough resources for that.

Why target audiences? It's a demo!! Surely they should open it up to as many people as possible to make sure that more of them might fall in love with it and buy the final game, no? Unless it's a very bad demo, which is not case in this instance.

I have tried a few demos that convinced me not to ever even touch the case of the final game, and that's what demos are for.

Maybe i'm just getting this all wrong... Which, everything considered, is very likely!

My point is that the demo is already done. Do you mean that Sony don't want to put on the PSN for everyone to download because their servers wouldn't handle the traffic? That would be a very, very strange reason, as i'm sure that Sony have more than enough resources for that.

For some demoes, they make it available on PSN for everyone to download (e.g., Ratchet and Clank).

For others (e.g., new game), they may hold it off for the reasons mentioned here and here.

However, if the game has controversial features, they may choose to do a demo early, like this week's Heavy Rain demo.

For GoW3, since it's a violent game, they may choose to target more specifically at the right people. In general, demo is a marketing cost.

Why target audiences? It's a demo!! Surely they should open it up to as many people as possible to make sure that more of them might fall in love with it and buy the final game, no? Unless it's a very bad demo, which is not case in this instance.

I have tried a few demos that convinced me not to ever even touch the case of the final game, and that's what demos are for.

There are also cases where very good games have lousy demoes. e.g., If you try the Valkria Chronicles demo, you may not be impressed. However it is one of the very best RPGs out there. The developers may not have enough time to do a good demo, which ends up short changing the game.

Maybe i'm just getting this all wrong... Which, everything considered, is very likely!

Ha ha, not wrong, but I think the demo topic is not so straight forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back