[PS3] God of War III Pre-Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much was shown from that teaser but still pretty impressive in terms of lighting and model details. I belive it's still early in development and hopefully a proper showing would follow soon, with huge level and the classic boss fight etc.
And, may I Shifty?
2bvexh.jpg

28sueyp.jpg

2hgvcir.jpg

The 720p trailer is on PSN now and some higher res shots here.
http://ps3.psu.com/God-of-War-III-Screenshot-4--ss2--god-of-war-iii__g129.php

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks ok, i'm satisfied with what i see.

Beeing a very linear game, everything happends right there in front of the player and that's where the focus should be, i'm just hoping for a more competitive combat engine and [much] better directed cutscenes.

I thought it looked great but I rather watch it on standalone. Crappy SD feeds didn't help anything that night. So I will download it later tonight from PSN. Animations looked amazing as well. Can't wait to see later game builds and other revealings.

I hope they cut back on the QTE. Not only are they boring but they're just there for the "wow" effect. Since the pass/fail sequences in QTE's are heavily scripted they can pump up the visuals. Ofcourse when you're back to fighting regular people they graphics come back down accordingly. I rather the bosses have attack sequences and such but my character is allowed to use his full arsenal of moves.

At this time, it doesn't look like it has the polish of Uncharted 2 just yet. But that's to be expected. At least it's obvious that we haven't seen the last of this yet. ;) And I thought the frame capture of one of the flying creatures was rather interesting ... (it's blurred in some versions ;))

How is this different from any other games? Tons of engines have models that scale accordingly when you are close / far. It's common practice. Not to mention a lot of the boss ifghts DO have attack sequences and you DO have access to your full ardsenal of moves. Some of the fights have QTE's that are intitiated after you inflict a certain amount of damage.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with it as it's far more exciting than whipping out dial-a-combos over and over again ala Ninja Gaiden, learning attack pattnerns etc. Why bother me with that boring aged crap? Give me something exciting at the end of the fight that I can at least interact with.

The complaints for QTE's are just so silly to me, it's like "hey, I hate QTE's, I want to play with mechanics from games from 1993, give me back my patterns!!".

So "hit the right button when the screen flashes!!!" is the advancement in gameplay you're looking for? Sorry, it's not for me.

So "hit the right button when the screen flashes!!!" is the advancement in gameplay you're looking for? Sorry, it's not for me.

No, but interactive entertainment needs to evolve. God of War has using QTE's during "big" moments in games, but boss battles (barring a few) have ALWAYS had the same mechanics as the regular gameplay, how much God of War did you play? Very little as it would seem right now.

The Giant Minotaur in GoW1 comes to mind, beating him down using your regular moves until his health gets low, then hitting him with the giant cross bow, and finally finishing off the fight with a QTE. It makes the fight epic, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Far more engaging than watching a health bar fade away as you enter in dial-a-combos and then when the health is gone you're treated to a completely scripted and non-interactive cutscene with some dialog.

Lame.

The gameplay looks great(from whatever little we have ) ! Just imagine the vistas GOWII had, this is just the forest/swamp area guys !!! :cool:

Underwhelming trailer. But I dont think its fair to judge Santa Monica on 20 seconds of poorly selected footage. I'll wait for a proper unveiling of realtime footage before I cast any serious judgment.

You know you don't have to play the game, right? GoW 1 and 2 had QTEs and were generally well-liked. If you didn't like GoW 1/2 because of the QTEs, spare yourself the suffering and the money and skip this one too. Let those who enjoyed the formula from the previous games enjoy this one too.

Tha-con I'm not the one comparing GoW3 to a psp ps2 game, calm down... you won't make friends...
Anyway I'm not here to respond misslead accusation /ignor list

My feel after having watch multiple times the trailer and some captures is that sony asked the devs to show something a bit earlier, according to their record I think the GoW team can push better than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back