[PS3] God of War III Pre-Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... 9+ languages, over 5GBs... (from a twitter post)

Yeah around 7-8GB's I'd put it at. So US is going to have what? Three languages top? So 4GB's for audio in the US version? 3 hours of extras video...that's how many GBs if HD?

I'd still predict pre-rendered in-engine cutscenes rather than real-time. We'll know soon enough with all these pre-order Kratos costumes.

I think the US is English only. There's going to be two EU versions: English only, and English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portugese, Dutch, Polish, Russian (9 Languages). This would mean... about... 625MB+ per language (5GB+/8).

Since BD is region free, I just don't understand why they don't make a single SKU, unless they actually save a ton of money on not having to print a multi-lingual manual... or I guess there could be local manufacturing :?: Anyways...

Found the twitter feed:
http://twitter.com/TDMoss

Then why is there different good looking real-time cutscenes, and pretty blocky video cutscenes in GOW Collection? And why do the cutscenes have variable framerate in GOW (check out DF's videos)?

Couldn't tell you. I just have a feeling it will be similar to the previous two God of War titles that had some pre-recorded in-engine footage.

Then why is there different good looking real-time cutscenes, and pretty blocky video cutscenes in GOW Collection? And why do the cutscenes have variable framerate in GOW (check out DF's videos)?

On the collection disc, the GOW1 cut scenes are all 480i and they look pretty terrible. But the GOW2 pre-rendered cut scenes are HD quality and they look fantastic.

Also something I didn't know till I got the collection is that Sony Santa-Monica did't do the pre-rendered cut scenes in house for GOW2. They outsourced it to some other studio. They just send them pictures of what each scene is suppose to be, and gave them artistic direction. But a totally separate set of artists and designers did the "movie" bits with Sony Santa Monica just acting as director and producer. That's why the artistic style of those cut scenes are slightly different from the game itself.

If I understand correctly, Stig the director of GOW3 said there are no longer pre-rendered CG cut scenes in GOW3. Everything is in-engine if not realtime.

Since BD is region free, I just don't understand why they don't make a single SKU, unless they actually save a ton of money on not having to print a multi-lingual manual... or I guess there could be local manufacturing :?: Anyways...

Found the twitter feed:
http://twitter.com/TDMoss

Because they want to avoid the import market. I live in Italy and if i buy a game in UK i can save near 15-20€ per game (69.98€ [arround 61£] in Italy and near 45-50€ in UK).

Aside from the "avoid cheaper imports" incentive, if they have local manufacturing that would be a nice way to hedge against foreign currency fluctuations.

Having to play catch up with games anyway, it's pretty reasonable for me to buy games from the UK as well. I get most of them at 30-50% of the full price here in Hungary (which is 45-65€).

Cutscenes

This is interesting:

Hey Bruno, Is it true that even though the cut scenes are in-game graphics they are playing as pre rendered videos??

I will make this clear, the E3 demo does not have any cutscenes that play as videos, those are all 100 percent real-time cinematics, including the opening (Kratos, Helios, grunts running towards the screen) to the end (Kratos diving towards the Titan).

When I mentioned that GOW3 has no CG, I was referring to the fact that we do not have pre-renderd scenes that were created outside of the game engine, like GOW 1 and 2. In GOW3 all the cutscenes are created using our in game engine, however some scenes were just to Epic to run real time and thus are recorded videos. This is not the case for the majority of the cutscenes in the game wich are mostly running real time. This way you can enjoy the bonus costumes for most of the cutscenes in the game, including those found in the E3 demo!

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?p...logID=7545487863615200501&isPopup=true&page=2https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?p...logID=7545487863615200501&isPopup=true&page=2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back