[PS3] God of War III Pre-Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might as well just lock it at 30fps if the framerate instead of having the framerate all over the place. It would accept a visual downgrade if it ran a solid 60fps like Dante's Inferno

As long as it doesn't drop significantly below 30 fps I really don't give a damn. I don't want them to sacrifice some of the visual splendor that's for sure. God of War II took me around 12-15 hours to complete, by the way. It was a surprisingly lenghty affair.

Yeha i doubt the game will last 30h... probably, 6 to 8 hours definitely.

If I do remember correctly Stig Asmussen said that it would indeed take up to 15 hours for a new player in the series , and maybe less up to 7 or 8 for the veterans. But I guess they certainly are taking into account the hardest difficulty + the challenge mod.
But yes it won't certainly last more than 10 hours.

If those leaked scans were anything to go by, I'll be perfectly happy if it's locked 30fps. It's just like what Insomniac would say, a smooth experience focused on visual is far more important than a 60fps checkbox feature. The painting must come to life I say.

Stars would have to align to improve what's there and lock what was never 60 in the first place.

Or you know, a finished product. The E3 demo was likely finished by May or earlier, so I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe that it'll be improved significantly. That's nearly a year before release and the game entered beta in Dec.

It'll likely be like every other 60Hz game out there nowadays (DI excepted), or the PS2 games (30-60Hz but mostly hovering around mid 40's).

Last edited by a moderator:
Infos from the scans

*************GOW3 OPENING SPOILERS********************

According to the magazine GOW3 opens with Kratos riding on Gaia's back. Kratos is leading the Titans (fire and rock) heading to Olympus for revenge with Zeus. Zeus and his army is waiting there for Kratos. All of a sudden, something shows up.................(you can see that from the scan)................the epic battle will last for 30 minutes.

Stig Interview:

1. Evolution of the Trilogy:

Stig: This is the first God of War on the PS3, we have not only improved the graphic (SUCH AN UNDERSTATEMENT), but we have also improved the mechanics of the game as well. Many things we wanted before, is now possible due to PS3's hardware capability. For example: we have incoporated a tier system for the enemies which allows for greater scale battles. ie: the Centaurs act as generals on the field, and which gives a more "organized" feel to the soldiers. The players might not notice these subtle changes, but we want them to experience it.

2. Story?

Stig: Cant tell you too much, what I can tell you is that III follows right after II, Kratos will be riding on the back of Gaia, and challenge the gods. He wants the legendary battle between the gods and the titans to ignite again. That's all I can tell you. Another thing is, this will be the last of the GoW series. Second thing I can tell you is that everything that happened so far in the serie will be resolved in III, which means that in the previous titles, there are important scenes relating to III.

3. Current Status ?

Stig: We are in the final stage of development, the development team is going through the game from start to finish. We have no time for sleep at all. There are still some big problems in some part of the game, but we are going all out fixing these problems. But no need to worry, these problems are routine for GoW, we have solved these problems before, so players can sleep in peace.

4. Evolution of Weapons:

Stig: Weapon system has also been improved in III, for example, the Cestus. It is because we love the glove in the PSP version, so we want III to have something similar. Because the Cestus is a heavy metal glove, it will do insane amount of damage to the enemies (even unbalance the enemies) When Kratos is equipted with the Cestus, he will display a wide array of "boxer-esque" moves. When we design all the new weapons, we want them to be just like the Athena Blessing. Which means, just like the blades, all the new weapons will feature their own special moves, and are equally just as powerful as the blades. Weapons can be swapped in and out in a flash.

5. Big Ass Titans!

Stig: Like the titans, III brings huge scale to the scene that has never been seen before. These titans will walk, talk, breathe, they are living entities. Before we can only make things happen on "static" places, now all of it can happen on this moving, living big titans. Some titan's height is two times the height of the tower of Eiffel. Even for the Collossus in II, the titan can grasp the collossus with its hand.

6. Increasing the number of enemies

Stig: In the previous titles, the max amount of enemy per fight is about 10. in III, the number is 30-40. In other games, it is normal to increase the number of enemies, but we think that is just "increasing the number of enemies", it will not have any effect on the mechanics of the game. We feel the need to evolve the mechanic. For example: When Kratos faces the 5 enemies in front of him, what is he thinking? When the enemies all attack at the same time, will they employ tactics that is situation specific? So when we do our tweaks, we will consider the perspective of both sides. Then we will give Kratos new skills. When the number of enemies increases, Kratos skill will also evolve. It is very simple, the more the enemy, the better the attacks. This is something we want he players to take notice.

Poseidon:

Brother of Zeus and Hades, in charge of the seas. Their father, the titan Chronos, who fears that his sons might take his power from him. swallows Poseidon and Hades among others. Zeus was saved by his monther. He engaged in long and hard fought battle with the titans in order to free his brothers and won the battle at the end. Maybe because of this, the ties between the three brothers runs deep. Normally Poseidon is seen with his huge ass trident, sometime he will be seen riding on the back of (dont know the english name) Monstrous sea horse.

Hades:

God of the underworld, feared by everybody. He joins Zeus in the fight for Olympus. Hades' refuge was his wife Persephone, who was killed by Kratos (in PSP). So Hades is pissed to the max. Even though Hades is huge, he is very quick on his feet and features a variety of attacks.

Satyrs:

Half man half beast, in this game it takes the form of a goat. Fast and furious. Uses claymore and sceptor to quickly attack.

Talos (Hammer Guys):

Granted life by God. statues whose goal is to kill Kratos. Made from materials like Steel and stone, there are many of these. no matter the type of Talos, they all have tremendous strength, but lacks agility. If get hit once by these guys, you will suffer huge damage. Players beware, dont lose your focus when you are up against these guys.

Last Say from Stig:

We want GoW III to give the players a easy yet extremely satisfying experience. We want it to be the best. Everybody on the development team is hard at work. Be patient, the release day is just around the corner

Or you know, a finished product. The E3 demo was likely finished by May or earlier, so I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe that it'll be improved significantly. That's nearly a year before release and the game entered beta in Dec.

It'll likely be like every other 60Hz game out there nowadays (DI excepted), or the PS2 games (30-60Hz but mostly hovering around mid 40's).
The E3 build's creation is irrelevant. The finished product will be anything but....unless your idea of a 60 frames per second game is one that is consistently not 60 frames per second. The changes made to meet expectations on the visual side make this a certainty.

Awesome pics Teeda but I think the Mod is gonna go Kratos style on you for posting so many images. Here's the link for all the new pics. http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2010/01/15/god_of_war_iii/
BTW you forgot about the most impressive shot in there, the Hades fight.
24e6yqr.jpg

It's very much gameplay to me, you can still see the polygonal silhouette in some places and the flame effect. Have to admit though, it truely vindicates that Painting comes to life quote:).

It's very much gameplay to me, you can still see the polygonal silhouette in some places and the flame effect. Have to admit though, it truely vindicates that Painting comes to life quote:).

Ah, yes...you are right (take a look at the silhouette of Krato's head reveals it)...looks just outstanding to me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back