PS3 Gameplay footage?

blakjedi

Veteran
I am hard pressed to think of anything that represents in-game gameplay footage on PS3 for anygame. ALL the arguments about PS3<>x360 be damned!

I dont consider KZ or MGS4, regardless of forum poster claims about the game to be gameplay. Period. With no HUD and in-game control, its not gameplay so if there is no visible control scheme, is shown from non-gameplay angles then... ok you get the point!

I would like for any and everyone with links of access to legitimate PS3 gameplay footage to post it in this thread so we can keep track of PS3 game development the way we have been since April with 360.

the only gameplay footage I have seen is the Sega Game with that mindbending flying guy who can lift crates. its called Fifth Fantom Saga. thats the only game with PLAYABLE (by developers infront of gamers) on PS3 which i have seen

blakjedi said:
I am hard pressed to think of anything that represents in-game gameplay footage on PS3 for anygame. ALL the arguments about PS3<>x360 be damned!

I dont consider KZ or MGS4, regardless of forum poster claims about the game to be gameplay. Period. With no HUD and in-game control, its not gameplay so if there is no visible control scheme, is shown from non-gameplay angles then... ok you get the point!

I would like for any and everyone with links of access to legitimate PS3 gameplay footage to post it in this thread so we can keep track of PS3 game development the way we have been since April with 360.

The only I've seen is that new Sonic game (there was video from TGS of a dev playing a level of it) -- that will most definately be the same game on Xbox360 as well.

I think this topic is doomed to failure -- there just aren't any gameplay videos at the moment really. Not really sure why everyone is so hung up on it either.

it could be almost a year until the ps3 comes here(in the US i mean), be paitent bro. i expect we should get a lot of real time gameplay around december/january/feb.

Bobbler said:
I think this topic is doomed to failure -
Agreed, this thread is nothing but bait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Insomniac's "I-8" clearly showed gameplay back in E3. I believe some parts of the Heavenly Sword-trailer showed gameplay aswell.

Then we have realtime demostration of Mobile Suit Gundam at Playstation Meeting 2005 and the already mentioned Phantom Fifth Saga at TGS.

I think we'll see alot more gameplay closer to the PS3 launch, say 3-4 months before the PS3 is in the stores.

Its not bait but an opportunity to provide like examples of comparison. The whole MGS versus GoW is craziness, but the core of the argument was that MGS was cinematic designed to show off some of the finer rendering techniques the PS3 will allow for. Gameplay it was not, so why compare that to gameplay footage?

I was truly impressed when I saw GoW and CoD2 cause they are still far and away the best examples of next gen that we have, thats highlights gameplay. Until we see something like that from PS3, most people should have "no comment" other than it "looks nice."

Everything Epic has shown on the PS3 has been real-time and using the gameplay engine. They didn't actually show you gameplay, but the actual gameplay won't look any different graphically.

And if you are wanting to compare with the 360, UT 2k7 on the PS3 looks every bit as good as Gears of War on the 360.

Wasn't there a Gundam Demo that showed a Mech being controlled by a human? Thats a game that shows gameplay...

*shrugs

and this thread is clearly bait. Its one thing to make a thread and ask a question...but when the thread starter adds his/her slant to the beginning of the thread

blakjedi said:
ALL the arguments about PS3<>x360 be damned!

It creates a base of PS3 Vs 360. Hopefully this can turn into an official thread of actual PS3 gameplay footage...besides a, "which version/console is better" thread.

blakjedi said:
Its not bait but an opportunity to provide like examples of comparison. The whole MGS versus GoW is craziness, but the core of the argument was that MGS was cinematic designed to show off some of the finer rendering techniques the PS3 will allow for. Gameplay it was not, so why compare that to gameplay footage?

If MGS was best cinematic showcase, is there a better example on the x360?

I figure no software on PS3 is ready yet(to be playable), thats why developers have only been releasing video footage. I suspect we wont see anything playable till end of the year or in the early new year.

Not really fair(PS3 is 3-6 monthes behind 360), it's gonna be atleast another few monthes before we see real gameplay footage of any PS3 games.

Powderkeg said:
Everything Epic has shown on the PS3 has been real-time and using the gameplay engine. They didn't actually show you gameplay, but the actual gameplay won't look any different graphically.

And if you are wanting to compare with the 360, UT 2k7 on the PS3 looks every bit as good as Gears of War on the 360.

I cant find UT2007 PS3 exclusive media. I can only find it for PC:???:

c0_re said:
Not really fair(PS3 is 3-6 monthes behind 360), it's gonna be atleast another few monthes before we see real gameplay footage of any PS3 games.

so what the heck have all these comparison threads been about?????:idea:

onanie said:
If MGS was best cinematic showcase, is there a better example on the x360?

Assassin (ATI's Ruby demo). On real hardware, ran well at the last press show, realtime engine, cinematic perspective with heavy use of streaming mocap (i.e. not interctive gameplay footage but instead pre-captured data tweaked to look like a movie). It is for all practical points and purposes a "cut scene" of an advanced engine (one, mind you, actually written to take advantage of the R520 GPU, but ported to the 360 so it is not necessarily specialized).

Ps- I am NOT saying Ruby is better. I am giving an apples-to-apples, as close as we can get, comparison. As I deposited at the very beginning of these STUPID debates, that art asset quality, art direction and balance, art theme, and engine technology need to be paired well. People have a very hard time telling the difference between ART and TECHNOLOGY. And what "looks good" is NOT necessarily a TECHNICAL issue, but 1. a preference and 2. the result of a well planned, expensive project.

People extrapolating this about the power of machines when it is more indicative of the SKILL of the developer, the project budget and manpower. The fact we have so many threads after this point trying to compare a cutscene with streaming pre-canned animation to ingame perspective/gameplay is hillarious and really demonstrates the true colors of posters. Xbox and PS fans are waiting at every corner to bash the other platform. I am tired of hearing how game X shows how bad the PS3 is, and how game cut scene Y shows how inferior the Xbox 360 is. Its like ALL objectivity is thrown out at the first chance to dance a jig. One dev praises a console and the fans get all made and call him an idiot, another dev praises the other console and the other fans question his honesty. People never sit down and think about perspective, business model and affiliations, history, and technological roadmap and how these honestly influence their opinions. Nope, if someone says something good about the 360 it is because they are a lazy PC developer. If someone says something good about the PS3 is it is because they are in Sony's pocket. It is sad and this is NOT why I joined this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Acert93 said:
Assassin (ATI's Ruby demo). On real hardware, ran well at the last press show, realtime engine, cinematic perspective with heavy use of streaming mocap (i.e. not interctive gameplay footage but instead pre-captured data tweaked to look like a movie). It is for all practical points and purposes a "cut scene" of an advanced engine (one, mind you, actually written to take advantage of the R520 GPU, but ported to the 360 so it is not necessarily specialized).

Yeah but the difference is MGS4 will actually USE what they created in the cutscence. The Ruby demo won't.

mckmas8808 said:
Yeah but the difference is MGS4 will actually USE what they created in the cutscence. The Ruby demo won't.

that wasn't the question though, the question was whats the best cinematic showcase on the 360, and now that I think about it I don't know any game for the 360 that has shown any cinematic cutscences done in a game engine the closest thing would have to be the 5 sec scences in gears of war

Back