[PS3] Demon Souls

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/pvp

Occasionally you may encounter a Good Black Phantom. They know that some players may have problems with the game so they go an extra mile to help. Enemies don't react to Black Phantom, so as a Black Phantom you basically can just kill all the enemies without worries that you will get killed.
All souls dropped by enemies will be given to the host. Also, near the end, the Good Black Phantom will let the host kill them to get a Whiter World Tendency.

and in GAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17943026&postcount=9213

Seiken said:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: HOLY CRAP I CANT BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED!

I was on the Old Monk boss and apparently the boss is another player. Well I had my unlucky share and met someone who looked RIDICULOUS, probably beat the game 20 times or something... this is, I knew I'd die so I just ran around in circles. He just stood there though, he did a /sigh or something then /point /comeon or whatever, he pretty much told me that I could kill him AND SO I DID :lol Thanks whoever!

;-)

I wish this game came out a month ago, it's too close to UC2 and R&C, there is no time for an epic RPG. I think I will try to pick it up in Dec, it's sounds great.

If you like RPG, yes... I think it's great. I don't have a lot of time to play, and I dislike grinding. Something draws me to the game though. Will see how far I can go.

If you're going to buy it late, might want to track the stock level once in a while. Not sure if Atlus bring in enough copies to last until December given the shopping season.

Nice to hear you like it patsu. I think if you play it the game is actually quite easy to get, but I still find it difficult to describe to someone else how it works and what makes it special.

Your Ultima (?) reference is interesting. I'm more thinking Dungeon Master personally. Demon's Souls has this same feeling of dread and being lost in a hostile environment. As in you're not exploring some ruin to optionally trick out your attire, but you push onward to stay alive.
I've been way deep into a few games over the years, but nothing before Demon's Souls has replicated that same atmosphere nearly as well.

Have question. Is there a way to get Stockpile Thomas to stash my souls ? I could get him to store Unnamed Soldiers' and Unnamed Heroes' Souls. I could not find a way to deposit regular souls.

I got the Cling Ring.
The guy on the top floor guarding the fog entrance is interesting coz he replenished his health automatically. I could beat him sometimes with Rapier and Soul Arrows. Further down, there is another knight equipped with a lance. I got pwned by him. Was able to trick him so that he fell down the cliff. Should I go into the fog or proceed to the area behind the lancer ?

Thanks for your impressions, patsu (and all the others so far, of course)!

Eases my waiting time a bit :) .

I read on the Atlus forum that with a new patch (1.04?) the start is much easier as the world tendency is pure white?! Can anyone here confirm this?

Thanks to all and enjoy...

Actually I like it the way it is. I heard having a Full White Tendency will make the dragons go away (or not show up). But I want to see some big monsters even if all I could do is run away. This is much much better than fighting a giant rodent in Diablo or other RPG games when you're starting out. ^_^

Should I go into the fog or proceed to the area behind the lancer ?

Enter the fog.... It's new area and you should explore it to find new items and shortcut to the begining of the stage... Knight with lance can wait until you gain some experience and better equipment

Does anyone know if the import version differs from the NA version for things like online and trophies?
I've read somewhere that NA version have new trophies and separate servers for online experience

Thanks ! What about the Stockpile question ^_^ ?

I am too early to find the Black Maiden to upgrade myself yet (I think).

EDIT: Drjay24, why would you want to import when the game is here ?

I see people trying to dump there import versions, I thought they just wanted the SE version and music disc, maybe they just want the new game version.

Thanks ! What about the Stockpile question ^_^ ?

I am too early to find the Black Maiden to upgrade myself yet (I think).

EDIT: Drjay24, why would you want to import when the game is here ?

You can't deposit your regular souls. That's the whole point. If you lose them they are gone for good. No safety net I'm afraid. (I lost 1.5 million souls once)

You also have to beat the 1-1 boss before you can start leveling.

*Grumble* *grumble* alright alright, so the game wants me to risk all the collected souls, and to bang hard on my own skills/judgement. I'll go slaughter the fog guarding dude and whatever lies behind him tonight. I should be fine I think. I know the 1-1 boss is
weak against fire

Still waiting for this to land, but can you lucky peeps tell me which character class will be best to go with?

As they mentioned above, Royal is the easiest class to start with because:
* Has MP regen ring
* Has ranged attack
* Starts with soul level 1 (Others may start as high as Soul level 6/7 according to the guide). So it's easier to level up at the beginning. I think the stats points are the same as everyone else (just distributed differently)

EDIT: Okay, wish me luck. I'm going back into the Nexus now. My character name is Howl in case you got summoned into my world accidentally (as level 3 boss :p). I named it so because I expect to cry while playing the game.

As they mentioned above, Royal is the easiest class to start with because:
* Has MP regen ring
* Has ranged attack
* Starts with soul level 1 (Others may start as high as Soul level 6/7 according to the guide). So it's easier to level up at the beginning. I think the stats points are the same as everyone else (just distributed differently)

EDIT: Okay, wish me luck. I'm going back into the Nexus now. My character name is Howl in case you got summoned into my world accidentally (as level 3 boss :p). I named it so because I expect to cry while playing the game.

Thanks Patsu, if i get stuck im sure i`ll call upon your help in the game.

Don't thank me. Sigfried, Yemeth, RolfN and others shared valuable info.

If you summoned me, I may die earlier than you. :LOL: But I guess that's useful too.

I completed 1-1. It's easy. I died mostly because I tried to rush through. GAF says to retrieve the Falcion in early 4.1. So that's what I'm going to try next.

Also remember to repair your weapon. I fought half-way through 1-1 and my Rapier broke. Had to run a fair way back to a merchant to buy a make-shift club.

Finally, beware of *$%&$*(1! messages left by jerks. I died once because my hands were too quick to believe one of the messages. Triggered a booby trap. Lost my 3000 souls there since I died again on the way to retrieve it. The sight of 2 dragons sun bathing outside the castle is magnificent ! I could see plenty of smoking bodies and shiny treasures around them. I didn't dare to walk near the twin dragons though.

I wish Lair was like that.

EDIT:
Finally finally, check the video Yemeth posted. Get the Thief Ring.

About Ostrava:
You have to save Ostrava *everytime* you replay 1-1. If you ignored him like I did, he'd die by the enemies' hands eventually. Then he'd leave behind an important key. You need to pick it up. If he was still alive, he would appear in subsequent levels to help you fight. :( You'd still get the key later in the game even if you kept him alive in 1-1.

... I know the 1-1 boss is
weak against fire

Does this kind of thing need a spoiler tag? Hints like this are lying everywhere in the game if connected online. ;)

For the game itself, I recently borrowed the Asian version to play. Given the way death works, I usually try to spend the souls whenever I have the chance to reduce risk. I also have guides and maps downloaded from the web ready by my side when I play to read about potential dangers. Still, seeing white ghost image of other players come into view can give me a scare, especially when I have put down my controller to read. :smile:

Does this kind of thing need a spoiler tag? Hints like this are lying everywhere in the game if connected online. ;)

None of my in-game messages told me that. They suggested divide and conqueur, attack from behind, etc.
I found out by watching Yemeth's video. I was afraid deepbrown may jump on me since he doesn't seem to have played the game yet. :devilish:

For the game itself, I recently borrowed the Asian version to play. Given the way death works, I usually try to spend the souls whenever I have the chance to reduce risk. I also have guides and maps downloaded from the web ready by my side when I play to read about potential dangers. Still, seeing white ghost image of other players come into view can give me a scare, especially when I have put down my controller to read. :smile:

Yes, damn it. The white ghosts from other players made me jump a few times. After that I smiled at myself for being so emm... sensitive.

None of my in-game messages told me that. They suggested divide and conqueur, attack from behind, etc.
I found out by watching Yemeth's video. ...

In my case, a message told me the enemy inside is weak against fire and another suggest having firebombs ready. Pretty helpful. :smile:

Back