[PS3] Demon Souls

Oh... must have encountered expert P2P DS player then. :p

The Asian players have the most experiences. May be your only choice is to summon Blue Phantoms to help keep an eye for you, or suicide to stay in soul form. You character is either at very high level, or is starting out ?

EDIT:
Think I must've played around 8-9 hours (could be 10 as well, didn't check)....so I guess I'm slow.

I see. You're not slow. I took a long time too. ;-)

Armor Spider is cool, but freaking dangerous.

the funniest "overview" of Demon's Souls I've seen. This quote is priceless:

That's one of the first Demon's Souls reviews I read. It was very funny indeed. The comments are hilarious too.

Next time someone comes to my world to murder me I'll be ready for him with a spear..lol
Also are Red Phantoms are able to access the game anytime when the I'm in body form or only when I have already summoned some Blue Phantoms ?
I'm asking this because both the times when I was killed by a Red Phantom I was summoned a blue phantom earlier in the level...yet I never encountered any while I was playing alone without any Blue Phantoms in my world.

Btw I helped a guy slay the Tower Knight today & after that I went on to slay him on my own world with the help of a high level character, he killed him in two hits lol. (ie. after he fell on the ground which would mean he did 4-5 slashes before). After this I was invaded & killed by a Red Phantom in 2-1 but then someone decides to summon me & revive....wooo such generosity !

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Probably the funniest "overview" of Demon's Souls I've seen. This quote is priceless:

ha ha ha, this is so true!!

Yesterday, I finished Flamelurker...then finished the dragon god...I was on a killing spree!
Got into 4-1...silver skeletons are now easy!! the need several hits to kill me, so no chance for them! I literally run through the level. Did the trick at the tower, jumped down and got the ring - I felt mighty and untouchable at this point!

Proceeded along the tight cliff and wanted to kill the crystal lizard. so I slowly walked forward, pressing R3 to lock on if I reach him...slowly, press R3 to lock the crystal lizard, slowly while spaming R3...suddenly, after pressing R3, my "hero" turns around and runs down the cliff - dead!!
What happend: I tried to lock on the crystal lizard, mean while a flying dragon passed by (high in air) and my ol "hero" decided to lock on him!! that is why I turned around and commited suicide....ha ha ha - I need a break from this game!

Next time someone comes to my world to murder me I'll be ready for him with a spear..lol

I think spears deal less damage but it's a safer weapon against monsters. You can shield up while you jab to interrupt monsters with the other hand. It may not be an effective weapon against human invaders. There is a sword that can bypass shield. The most effective defense is not to get hit. :devilish:

Some of them cast Warding on themselves to minimize physical damage. Some use the anti-magic armor to nullify magic damage. You have to recognize their gears and use the appropriate tactics.

Also are Red Phantoms are able to access the game anytime when the I'm in body form or only when I have already summoned some Blue Phantoms ?
I'm asking this because both the times when I was killed by a Red Phantom I was summoned a blue phantom earlier in the level...yet I never encountered any while I was playing alone without any Blue Phantoms in my world.

No, they can come into your world anytime "like walking into a TacoBell". :)

Btw I helped a guy slay the Tower Knight today & after that I went on to slay him on my own world with the help of a high level character, he killed him in two hits lol. (ie. after he fell on the ground which would mean he did 4-5 slashes before). After this I was invaded & killed by a Red Phantom in 2-1 but then someone decides to summon me & revive....wooo such generosity !

Ha ha, Asian server sure is hectic ! On US servers, I do get invaded about 3 times a game (usually at the beginning) beyond a certain character level. Earlier levels were rather peaceful. May be things have changed, I am not sure.

I usually linger around the archstone for about 5 minutes for Black Phantoms to appear (Hide in corners or behind archstone). After about 3 spawns, the game doesn't bother you anymore.

EDIT:
You must also wear the Thief Ring at all times in the game. It makes you harder to detect by the monsters and human Black Phantoms.

There is also a spell/miracle that hides you from them. So you can ambush them more effectively. I believe if you cast Warding on yourself, then they can see you because of the spell's visual effect.

I haven't been able to hunt one crystal lizard till now....how many hits do they take ? If its just one hit then I probably should use a bow. Also if the lizard runs from its place will it ever reappear ?

I haven't been able to hunt one crystal lizard till now....how many hits do they take ? If its just one hit then I probably should use a bow. Also if the lizard runs from its place will it ever reappear ?

Yes, I remember their appearance depends on the number of demons left in the level. Check the DS wiki to confirm.

Depends on your bow power, arrow weight and distance. Some takes 2-3 shots, some 1.

If you double-handed your melee weapon and strike, it can take one hit. However you need to pick the right weapon. Not all weapons swing downwards when double handed. Some swing sideways which would be useless against Crystal Lizards.

The Dragon Bone Smasher works against Crystal Lizard. In fact, it works against most/all monsters in a narrow corridor (The walls won't block your swing because it slashes vertically). When you knock them on the head, you'll plant their face into the ground where they lie flat. ^_^

EDIT:
I went to find a DS video where spears is effective:

Black Phantom Satsuki (computer controlled) will try to heal himself, and is very aggressive. Spears-shield is a good combo. I beat Satsuki by luck with a sword.
It's like I killed him accidentally by attacking repeatedly (never stopped once I scored a hit, so he was stunned and had no time to heal). I had light weight armor, which means I could swing a lot without recovering. A heavy armor can't deflect his strong attacks anyways (Not much different from a light armor).

Every crytal lizard has a certain counter if I got it right. Some have a higher counter, some a lower counter!

If you cannot get him with your first try, it appears when you reach this place again according to the counter - after the counter is reduced to zero, it never appears again at this position!

Don't know if this is true, but this is what I think!

ha ha ha, this is so true!!

Yesterday, I finished Flamelurker...then finished the dragon god...I was on a killing spree!
Got into 4-1...silver skeletons are now easy!! the need several hits to kill me, so no chance for them! I literally run through the level. Did the trick at the tower, jumped down and got the ring - I felt mighty and untouchable at this point!

Heh, that's usually when/why the player dies in the game. :devilish:

Proceeded along the tight cliff and wanted to kill the crystal lizard. so I slowly walked forward, pressing R3 to lock on if I reach him...slowly, press R3 to lock the crystal lizard, slowly while spaming R3...suddenly, after pressing R3, my "hero" turns around and runs down the cliff - dead!!
What happend: I tried to lock on the crystal lizard, mean while a flying dragon passed by (high in air) and my ol "hero" decided to lock on him!! that is why I turned around and commited suicide....ha ha ha - I need a break from this game!

Yeah, the lock-on sucks and takes careful handling.

When I found out about different weapons' swing style (vertical or horizontal), I thought picking a narrow place to fight -- like 4-1's cliffside -- would be an advantage for me. I had Dragon Bone Smasher on standby, never used it and was itching to try on someone. ;-)

When a human BP dies of environmental effects (e.g., falls to death), he'd lose a level. It should add more psychological pressure on him too.

So when the Phantom finally found me standing by the cliff, the fight ensued. It was a fair fight. I happened to corner him on the open side of the cliff, but the lock-on caused me to leap off the cliff when I attempted a heavy attack. About 2 seconds later, I saw the BP "flew" past me too. :LOL: I didn't get to use my DBS either.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this: You can switch to first person view when wielding a bow. I didn't know at first. It's extremely helpful for long range shooting since the enemy may be too far for the lock-on to kick in. It's also superb for scouting the level.

Is it just me or is the difficulty curve of this game all over the place? The skeleton warriors in 4-1 I can beat easily, 3 consecutive strikes will drop them. But those miner things in 2-2 are a lot stronger, far stronger then the one's in 2-1. I'll need far more hits to kill them. And going by world tendency, 2 world is close to pure white, while 4 is grey.

I have the feeling if make it past some of the more difficult worlds, I'm going to run into one that'll just be a walk in the park. Taking the challenge away that makes this game so interesting.

This could all just be my own fault though. Making a character that focuses mostly on strength alone. Enemies that are weak to regular attacks should be easier for me, compared to some of the others.

Is it just me or is the difficulty curve of this game all over the place? The skeleton warriors in 4-1 I can beat easily, 3 consecutive strikes will drop them. But those miner things in 2-2 are a lot stronger, far stronger then the one's in 2-1. I'll need far more hits to kill them. And going by world tendency, 2 world is close to pure white, while 4 is grey.

It probably depends on your character build and weapon. Skeletons are weak against fire. I remember I could one hit them with a dragon sword. I don't remember the miners as strong fighters. They hit very hard (2 hits could kill me), but their health bars are not that long. It could be because I had the Falchion that deals magic damage.

I have the feeling if make it past some of the more difficult worlds, I'm going to run into one that'll just be a walk in the park. Taking the challenge away that makes this game so interesting.

They are all interesting in their own ways, particularly in Pure Black World Tendency. If you want to take on the difficult worlds, try world 5. ^_^

This could all just be my own fault though. Making a character that focuses mostly on strength alone. Enemies that are weak to regular attacks should be easier for me, compared to some of the others.

You will find powerful melee opponents in the game. ;-)

Use a piercing weapon like spear against the miner/lizard men & see how they go down faster than the skeletons .

This game is starting to annoy me. I'm constantly dying from falling down pits. Either is the lock-on system that pulls me down with it, or it's the dodgy camera blocking my view, or I have to jump down somewhere but don't quite land where I wanted to. For a game that clearly doesn't do well in confined spaces, it sure has a lot of them.

Ha ha ha, the jump is a little unpredictable. I don't know what it was.

I fell into the castle moat once while fighting a Black Phantom. Wanted to jump down behind him but I took a step too far. Usually it's easier to let yourself fall naturally. It's safer that way.

As for lock-on, I got used to it rather quickly. It does make cliff side fighting a hair raising experience.

Are you in 2-2 now ? It's a claustrophobic level. I think World 2, 3 and 5 require careful movement.

Ha ha ha, the jump is a little unpredictable. I don't know what it was.

I fell into the castle moat once while fighting a Black Phantom. Wanted to jump down behind him but I took a step too far. Usually it's easier to let yourself fall naturally. It's safer that way.

As for lock-on, I got used to it rather quickly. It does make cliff side fighting a hair raising experience.

Are you in 2-2 now ? It's a claustrophobic level. I think World 2, 3 and 5 require careful movement.

Yeah I'm in 2-2 now, but I've also been checking out the other *-1 levels. 5-1 seems to be the worst. I think I'm better off not using the lock-on there, or use ranged attacks. I would also be nice if I could see where I was going. I have no idea where I'll end up in that pit in 2-2, because I can only see the next platform.

Yeah I'm in 2-2 now, but I've also been checking out the other *-1 levels. 5-1 seems to be the worst. I think I'm better off not using the lock-on there, or use ranged attacks. I would also be nice if I could see where I was going. I have no idea where I'll end up in that pit in 2-2, because I can only see the next platform.

5-2 is the most *stressful*. On top of that, you need to go all the way to the end of the level to unlock the shortcut.

The guide should help in the 2-2 pit. It's also interesting to visit that area in Pure White and Black tendency.

Don't try to jump in the pit. After I got the position right, I inched out and let myself fall naturally to the next platform. I believe if you have high dexterity, you take less fall damage.

Just curious...does changing the world tendency while playing online requires as much work as it does while playing offline ?

I think you can't change world tendency reliably when playing online. If more bosses and Black Phantoms get killed, the average WT will become whiter without you doing anything.

I was lucky enough to catch Pure White one random day. Quickly cleared through 2-3 to retrieve Dragon Bone Smasher.

Another thing how do we exactly check the tendency.
I've herd there are several stages of tendency from -3 to +3..true ?

The thing is the tendency status is of no help as the only thing it'll show is a black world or a white world, no means of differentiating anything else.

Back