[PS3] Demon Souls

I think that to summon someone you need to be in Body form & the person getting summoned should be in soul form. Once you meet the condition all you have to do is use the Blue stone (ie. if you are the soul) & the other person uses the mark on the floor to summon you.

Be wary though death means you get back to your summon point & get disconnected from your friend's gameworld.

I think that to summon someone you need to be in Body form & the person getting summoned should be in soul form. Once you meet the condition all you have to do is use the Blue stone (ie. if you are the soul) & the other person uses the mark on the floor to summon you.

That is correct !

If necessary, you can use one of the items to return yourself to body form.

Thanks a lot guys!!

BTW, do you guys know if the save data of this game can be transfered to another playstation...or is it locked?

No, it cannot be copied to another PS3 via a USB drive (Well we can but it won't work). Back it up using the backup or PS3 transfer tool.

How much do those things that bring you back to body form cost ?
And what are the advantages of Body form beside health ?

Final question...What's World Tendency ?

Btw I was playing the game & killed a boss got loads of souls but instead of getting back to nexus I continued playing & summoned two guys, further down the level I got killed by a Red Phantom (Why do people want to kill me :rolleyes: ) .....& I lost all my souls :(

How much do those things that bring you back to body form cost ?

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/stone-of-ephemeral-eyes-farming

And what are the advantages of Body form beside health ?

Soul form deals more damage, has less health but is free from invasion.

Final question...What's World Tendency ?

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/world-tendency

Btw I was playing the game & killed a boss got loads of souls bu tinstead of getting back to nexus I continued playing, further down the level I got killed by a Red Phantom (Why do people want to kill me :rolleyes: ) .....& I lost all my souls :(

Ha ha, I was about to write about Black Phantom invasion. It was a nerve wrecking experience for me the first time. My heart was racing. If you are prepared to fight, you should be able to win most of the time.

EDIT:
Billy Idol, did you find the weapon in the 2-2 cave system ?

There is another special weapon outside Flamelurker's lair but it's easy to get to. The one in the cave system is better hidden.

Is there a particular order you must complete each world in? Or at least a preferable order to take? I'm getting killed a lot running between the towers after the Phalanx fight. I checked the guide, but that is written for playing the Royal class. My knight can't do some of the things it suggests.

Is there a particular order you must complete each world in? Or at least a preferable order to take? I'm getting killed a lot running between the towers after the Phalanx fight. I checked the guide, but that is written for playing the Royal class. My knight can't do some of the things it suggests.

You have to time your runs, start running as soon as the Dragon flies over your head, also it'll help a lot if you remove some of your armor. This way you get improved agility/endurance.

But then at the end of third bridge section you have a lot of guys waiting for you...good thing is that you'll have quite a bit of room to fight as the area of effect of Dragon's breath ends a good few meters before the entrance to the third tower of the bridge.

You have to time your runs, start running as soon as the Dragon flies over your head, also it'll help a lot if you remove some of your armor. This way you get improved agility/endurance.

But then at the end of third bridge section you have a lot of guys waiting for you...good thing is that you'll have quite a bit of room to fight as the area of effect of Dragon's breath ends a good few meters before the entrance to the third tower of the bridge.

That is as far as I managed to get. At the third tower with 4 archers and the 2 blue knights. Last time one of the archers ran back to shoot me from a distance, while I was still fighting the blue knight. Individually they won't be a problem, but with this many I run out stamina too fast, leaving me defenceless.

There is a short bow at the top of the first tower (right after the swooping dragon). You can use it to clear nuisances from far first. Take your time to wear enemies down. Most do not know how to heal themselves. You have to spend souls on arrows though, which is why Royal is easy since he has regen mana and mana is free.

Playing as Knight is difficult because his armor weight made stamina management more strict, and he has no starting ranged attack. Hopefully the short bow will help. You can get a compound long bow in 4-1. You need to kill a few skeleton warriors to get to it. It may be scary to fight the skeleton warriors at first. But if you complete the game as a knight, you should give yourself a good pat in the back. It is no easy feat both skills-wise, focus and mental strength. Good thing Demon's Souls doesn't restrict your growth, you can tailor your character anyway you want.

Most guide recommends you to start as Royal. The Crescent Falchion at the beginning of 4-1 will have increased damage boosted by your mana pool (but doesn't use it up). Some people will recommend you to go 4-1 right after 1-1. Since you don't have any mana, you can try all the *-1 to see which one is easier for you.

Personally I like to train in 4-1 because if you can handle the skeleton warriors, you can handle most regular critters. 2-1 is not bad too. IMHO, 5-1 is the toughest starting level, and 3-1 is the most interesting (but you probably need ranged attack).

The end of the beginner video above illustrates a skeleton warrior's attack techniques very well (The foot soldier skeleton moves a lot faster because it can roll). If you lock-on to one and retreat as it rolls towards you (Keep your shield up), you should be able to survive the attack, and kill him when he runs out of move. They are susceptible to fire and blunt weapons (e.g., club, falchion). Timing of attack is important.

The compound long bow is at the top of the castle wall where you see the 2 skeleton archers. [Wait, I might have gotten it wrong. It may be on the lower tower where only 1 archer is standing, right behind the 2 archers]. It is not far from the archstone (You need to kill about [strike]7[/strike] 9-10 skeletons). Be careful of booby traps along the way (You can see them. Keep your shield up and lean against the wall, or if you're fast enough, run !). You'll want to upgrade it eventually to a Sticky Compound Long Bow + 5. This is the most powerful bow in the game.

Stay away from strong enemies or run past it. If you see the dual katana black skeleton, he's guarding the magical falchion. Lure him out and rush for the treasure behind him. Take it and jump down the cliff (It's safe). You may want to leave your armor somewhere safe before you do this so you can run and roll faster.

1-2 is good too, but the 1-2 boss is intimidating for a melee warrior. 2-1 boss is safe if you have ranged attack, but close up fight is also intimidating.

EDIT: If you don't want to spend too much skill points on magic-related attributes, you can find other enhanced weapons in the game. You should be able to complete the game with just the bow and a melee weapon, plus some basic points for Faith (healing, retreat to Nexus). There is a
dragon sword (fire damage)
in the 2-2 cave. Or you convert some boss' spirit into a special weapon, or you can make your own weapon. The guide will help here.

Summoning did not work...although I had my body, the blue stone did not activate.

So I went ahead and killed dirty Flamelurker myself :mrgreen:

And then I proceed and finished the boss in 2-3 ...

Ha ha, wow... you're on a roll. You should revisit 2-3 when the World Tendency is pure white. One of the most powerful melee weapons is there.

@ Patsu. Thanks for the tips. I have the compound long bow now. :p

Until now I have been spending all my souls on increasing my strength, and upgrading weapons. This allowed me to kill some of the stronger opponents quickly and without getting killed as long as I could block or dodge their attacks. Works well against those skeleton warriors and that red knight in the 1-1 level. That compound long bow should be a great addition every time I'm forced to use range attacks.

4-1 is pretty good for collecting souls, and 2-1 is good for finding the stones necessary for upgrading weapons.

4-1 is pretty good for collecting souls, and 2-1 is good for finding the stones necessary for upgrading weapons.

Yap ! From now on, I think you may want to look out for Crystal Lizards. The stones for Sticky Compound Long Bow can be found in 2-1 and 2-2. In the entire game, only one Crystal Lizard will drop the complete Spiderstone. It is in 2-1 or 2-2. You should read the guide to find out which one it is. They only appear a limited number of time.

Agree that 4-* is great for farming. I believe bow requires Dexterity (and Sticky Compound Long Bow scales with Dexterity).

Yap ! From now on, I think you may want to look out for Crystal Lizards. The stones for Sticky Compound Long Bow can be found in 2-1 and 2-2. In the entire game, only one Crystal Lizard will drop the complete Spiderstone. It is in 2-1 or 2-2. You should read the guide to find out which one it is. They only appear a limited number of time.

Agree that 4-* is great for farming. I believe bow requires Dexterity (and Sticky Compound Long Bow scales with Dexterity).

22 for Strenght and 12 for Dexterity. Which I now have thanks to the souls I got from beaten that boss. :p

The bow should make hunting those lizards a lot easier. Before they would always run away as soon as I got close.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like all of you are well on your way to complete the game. I should keep quiet now. Already spoiled too much. :p

Got killed by a Red Phantom (player) again, I don't even stand a chance against these guys they always one hit kill me...wtf !

Got killed by a Red Phantom (player) again, I don't even stand a chance against these guys they always one hit kill me...wtf !

Have I told you about the online elements? At any time when you’re in Body form, another player from anywhere else in the world can invade your game and murder you to regain his own body, or just to keep you on your toes. This happens when you’re in the middle of fighting armies of unthinkable monsters that are probably already three-quarters of the way towards killing you. And no, you cannot opt out of this feature! This is what you signed up for when you agreed to be a man.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Probably the funniest "overview" of Demon's Souls I've seen. This quote is priceless:

I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.

nightshade, which server are you running on ? And what's your character level ?

Are the Red Phantoms using long weapons or special weapons like Meat Cleaver, Dragon Bone Smasher ? They should not be able to one hit kill you.

Asian...I'm a lvl 21 character now & I think I need to slay an archdemon to go to 1-3, so I'm on my way to defeat the armored spider.
Think I must've played around 8-9 hours (could be 10 as well, didn't check)....so I guess I'm slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back