Pro Evolution Soccer 7

FIFA 07 has new physics/animation/AI engine that surpasses FIFA 06:RTWC. RTWC game has exactly same gameplay of PC/PS2 FIFA (which is last gen), so FIFA 07 has better physics/animation/AI.

i was talking about graphics only by the way. ;)

Leipzig Game Convention will demo this game, so that time we might be able to see difference between ps3 PES and 360 PES.

Leaked screenshots...

http://ruliweb2.empas.com/ruliboard/read.htm?num=22084&table=game_xbox02&main=xbox

the original article removed the screenshots for some reason, but the translation of primary source:

"The 360 version is a marked improvement over last year's game. The edit mode is back and while this is still an preview version, the rosters of the 360 build are, by PES standards, incredibly up to date. The presentation is all new and still ugly, but there's tons of music now so you don't have to listen to a single song while messing about in the interface. There's lots of new little touches like when you pause the game you see your bench and the coach all agitated in a small window. English commentary sounds markedly better than before too. The game looks far better in motion and overall than last year's 360 version, which I didn't want to plat at all. The pitches, the grass, look far better as do the players. The PS2 preview code is incredible though... it's got a rock solid super smooth frame-rate, though it looks the same as last year."

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/08/pes-2008-screenshots-leaked-then.html

the interface now looks like next gen to me, i always felt i was playing a game of ps1 interface until pes6. the graphics are... disappointing to at least many pes fans but not me.

I'm sorry but the difference is extremely slight IMO. I feel you've just proved my point with those two screenshots.

The difference between those two shots is pretty big.. The models in the first picture are blocky with many obvious edges and painted blocks for hands.. The second picture has models perfectly curved, with no edges and individually modelled fingers. Do you not realise the absolutely massive increase in polygons that's required for that kind of improvement?

I mean I do agree these shots aren't impressive for a next gen game. But honestly its crazy to say the improvement is only "extremely slight" from last gen PES....

Anyway my own view on this is who cares even if the end result isn't fantastic looking? PES has always been about great gameplay. FIFA can have all the fancy graphics it likes, but at the end of the day the animation is stilted and the gameplay is pathetic in comparison to PES. Of course I won't complain if the graphics end up being amazing, but if they don't I really won't care in the slightest.

Am I the only one who finds ground / players ratio strange ?.. It's not even close to PES6's realism... I don't like it ... :rolleyes:

Player faces are great , they all recognisable btw ...

Back