Prey 2 coming

Arnold Beckenbauer

Veteran
Supporter
Prey 2 Revealed
00596b2x47isbr.jpg

:D:D:D

I really liked the first one myself and I actually got into the MP for a bit as well (the whole spirit walk mechanic added a nice twist to the regular death match modes).

I can't really remember much about the original other than I only played it once and never had the urge to play anything but the interactive bar games again. ;)

Was this made with the Doom 3 engine? I remember playing a bit and it looked good for the time?

I'm guessing this will be another ported console game though.

I liked the first game quite a bit. The spiritwalking bits were a little simplistic, but I guess they didn't have devtime to devote more effort into it. The game was years overdue already at that point.

What I liked the most was the scripting and voice acting for the main character. That was great. And the environments were quite creepy too. I liked those as well.

I don't know if the Prey that was released was late. It was not the original 3DRealms game. I think it was in development for about 4 years which isn't extraordinary. They just built a game on the Doom3 engine that is a lot like a typical Doom3-engine game but with some of the tricks that Prey was touted to have back in the '90s.

Yeah, the Prey that was released was just the original name and the basic concept of "native american saves the world after aliens invade". It's got nothing related to the original idea of the (at the time) advanced portal engine, or the original concept of the main character hunting and being hunted by single powerful and intelligent enemies through alien cities and environments.

3DR farmed out or sold off the IP for a ten year old concept to make a bit more cash while they tried to finish Duke4Ever. They simplified things, did some nice perspective tricks in homage to the portal tech being developed with the original game, but basically just made a Doom 3 corridor shooter with monster closets without so many dark levels as D3.

http://kotaku.com/#!5782169/prey-2-drops-you-in-the-shoes-of-a-human-bounty-hunter
In Prey 2, a source close to the game tells Kotaku, players will take on the role of a federal air marshal who is aboard the commercial airliner seen crashing in the spaceship early on in the original game. Prey 2 takes place during the same time frame as the original, but with this different perspective, we're told....
Prey 2 follows the air marshal as he makes his way through the same ship, fighting off different warring alien factions with his pistol until an alien captures him. After that opening, used to tie the two games together, the game jumps forward, we're told, to a seedy alien planet that sounds a bit like the future Earth of Blade Runner. This is where the game really opens up, revealing the marshal as the only human on an alien planet working as a bounty hunter.

I look forward to seeing what they do with it. The trailer was fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's with the Dudebro look of protagonist in every game these days?

My guess, it's bad focus testing. Devs should avoid it as Ken Levine said. But then again, his team succumbed to it as well.

From GAF:

dudebro-grs.jpg

re6.jpg
[/QUOTE]

ge-dragon.jpg

Prey 2: Call of Prey.

Same happened with new SSX. Dammit.

I am still pretty excited about it. I don't care too much what my character looks like since I am not going to be looking at it much. I did like the modified pics though :)

mm... I remember playing the first one. I can't recall if I ever finished it. It was decent.

A shame they switched protagonists. The dying/resurrection thing was refreshing from just revert to save.

From GAF:

:LOL: The Splinter Cell one is perfect.

Back