Predictions for E3 2014

• Thread starter Deleted member 86764
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we will get a soft Xbox One relaunch? New name and/or console design? There was already a rumor about a white XB1 coming out later this year. They could keep the same internals & just change the outside case. The original XB1 design was suppose to make it look like it went with your cable/satellite box or like a non-game console. Would help shed the bad connotations of the previous year & make it feel more like a game console again. If they just change the color to white, it will help, but I think they should go further.

Tommy McClain

Eurogamer are pimping Witcher 3 today. They believe it'll be present at the Microsoft conference, but not have any exclusive content for either platform and they'll both release on the same day.

In my mind, every 3rd party game that appear on MS E3 press conference is "almost PS4 exclusive". I will be much more interested to see what number of true exclusives will MS manage to gather on E3, because those games will be most important and only true drivers of system sales.

In my mind, every 3rd party game that appear on MS E3 press conference is "almost PS4 exclusive". I will be much more interested to see what number of true exclusives will MS manage to gather on E3, because those games will be most important and only true drivers of system sales.

I expect Microsoft to hit E3 hard, they're lagging significantly in sales and their machine is widely considered to be underpowered compared to the competition. Not to mention that they've less 1st parties. They're going to try and correct all of this as much as possible (even if it's just people's perceptions).

There's a good chance that we might see a new Epic game that's exclusive to them. Along with a few other paid for exclusives. They're going to have a very flash conference.

Sony on the other hand have an awful lot in their favour; they have the power card, the platform exclusives, the 1st parties, and a sales / morale advantage.

With all the may annoucements from Microsoft, the E3 is now a mistery.

For sure:

- New Halo 5: Guardians trailer
- New Fable Legends trailer (in-game)

Au contraire, the reveals make the conference more fleshed out. Can now assume we'll get

Lengthy Sunset Overdrive demo/trailer etc.
Lengthy Halo-1-4 demo/trailer etc
We'll get COD AW demo
Yeah probably some Fable Legends, Quantum Break (I bet not coming in 14, actually they just said full production just started I think), Forza Horizon 2. Something about Halo 5 maybe (probably cg)

And some surprises.

20 days to go! It's near now...

Making it even more niche? :???: What's the point? Why not just call it the Vita SDK?

They may still do that, not sure. But I'm still happy - I'd prefer something dedicated to and optimised for Vita. I don't think PSM is going to be a success on Android phones, so support for something like Unity that can target iOS, Android, Vita, Playstation, Xbox, etc. is probably more useful.

OlK3qkW.jpg

Alt:
q23RH7o.jpg

Im sorry, but what? That is crazy talk. Every 3rd party game (aka multiplat) is almost a Ps4 exclusive? The only thing you could be refering too is the possible differences in resolution.
Yeah because games dont sell on consoles for being fun well made titles. The pixel output is all that matters.;)

I don't see what's so crazy about DieH@rd's comment... he's speaking for himself. Visual differences between multiplatform games is the determining factor in deciding which version to get for many people. Therefore, pretty much all multiplatform games are pretty much PS4 exclusives to him. The exclusives are what will help drive XB1 hardware sales. At least that's what I think he meant.

I don't see what's so crazy about DieH@rd's comment... he's speaking for himself. Visual differences between multiplatform games is the determining factor in deciding which version to get for many people. Therefore, pretty much all multiplatform games are pretty much PS4 exclusives to him. The exclusives are what will help drive XB1 hardware sales. At least that's what I think he meant.

For many, the opposite of last gen when the x360 was the default platform for multiplats

Im sorry, but what? That is crazy talk. Every 3rd party game (aka multiplat) is almost a Ps4 exclusive? The only thing you could be refering too is the possible differences in resolution.

Yeah because games dont sell on consoles for being fun well made titles. The pixel output is all that matters.;)

I think DieH@rd was referring to sales – not resolution. After Titanfall so-so sales on XB1, I wouldn’t blame any 3rd party developers not wanting exclusivity on any system.

Au contraire, the reveals make the conference more fleshed out. Can now assume we'll get

Lengthy Sunset Overdrive demo/trailer etc.
Lengthy Halo-1-4 demo/trailer etc
We'll get COD AW demo
Yeah probably some Fable Legends, Quantum Break (I bet not coming in 14, actually they just said full production just started I think), Forza Horizon 2. Something about Halo 5 maybe (probably cg)

And some surprises.

20 days to go! It's near now...

That's not what they said. They are releasing some content before E3 because they needs more conference time for content. Even they will have some post-conference events, and I think we will see "Lengthy Sunset Overdrive demo/trailer, lengthy halo 1-4..." stuff there, not in the conference.

If he owns both consoles I can understand it being his personal view.
I didnt mean any disrespect by my coment from earlier. I wasnt trying to say Diehard was crazy. I for one dont see any reason for a developer of a multiplat title to shy away from showing their game at Ms E3 conference. Alot of presumptions are being made that the Xbox One is in some kind of trouble because they are 2nd in sales. There are 12 million or more combined next gen consoles in the hands of the public right now and 3rd party devs and publishers want to sell the games to every console owner. Why should they care what system people purchase it for as long as they are buying it.

For many, the opposite of last gen when the x360 was the default platform for multiplats

That's what's so ironic in part with the criticism that comes up when people say they will likely buy 3rd party titles on PS4. Frequently we get lectures that resolution, frame rate or power don't matter or told if we do care about those things to buy a PC.... Last generation it was accepted however now gamers who say this are some times viewed as being disingenuous...

I think DieH@rd was referring to sales – not resolution. After Titanfall so-so sales on XB1, I wouldn’t blame any 3rd party developers not wanting exclusivity on any system.

To be fair most 3rd party exclusives ended up coming to PS3 last time, one can reasonably argue about the impact of delays. But I agree IMO these sort of arrangements are going to be more expensive for Sony and MS and consumers know its only a matter of time before most titles will arrive on both platforms.

IMO both platform holders would be better served by supporting their 1st parties and investing in new UP with the $$$ spent on timed exclusivity. I say this in part bc there is a reason why Hollywood typically stops after the 3rd movie comes out and we similar decline usually with most IPs. I don't think Halo, Uncharted, Gears, basically most IPs that are not made by Nintendo with anything more than 3 in the name will have the appeal they did last generation. Of course there a few notable exceptions like Madden, Forza, GT and FIFA to name a few. Lots of current first party IPs needs to spin off characters or take a hiatus.

I see that my comment was little controversial. :) It's a personal opinion of course, and it was caused by a bit of everything - better PS4 performance, better momentum of PS4 hardware/software sales, consistent and gamer-focused messaging from Sony, and (this is not present everywhere) total traditional domination of Sony consoles in the area where I live (Eastern Europe).

It will be interesting to see what will be console install base and software sales ratio between two new consoles after 2014 is done.

That's not what they said. They are releasing some content before E3 because they needs more conference time for content. Even they will have some post-conference events, and I think we will see "Lengthy Sunset Overdrive demo/trailer, lengthy halo 1-4..." stuff there, not in the conference.

No way you wont see the tentpoles in the conference. They have to fill 1.5 hours, you know.

They'll have a Halo live demo for sure, and almost for sure a SO one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back