Predictions for E3 2014

• Thread starter Deleted member 86764
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fake. You can tell it's fake because every prediction is something easily guessed based on what we know about who is working on what. If they had actual knowledge they would be able to definitively put names to things like the Guerilla RPG, the Media Molecule project, etc. The real E3 conference will probably also contain game announcements no one saw coming. I think we'll hear about new IPs from 2nd party studios there's just no way to predict and that's exactly the kind of information that's missing.

Here's something I saw posted as the "MS equivalent" of that Sony leak. Aka, I'm assuming a wish list.

http://thecutanddry.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/leaked-microsoft-e3-2014.html

Some of these make me excited though

Ryse 2 is in development and will be announced at the show in a real-time in-game trailer. Gone is the Roman period, enter the medieval setting. The game will offer more freedom of exploration and a refined combat system. The main character is a sell-sword of sorts with a greater destiny. This game looks beyond belief. No release date (possibly late 2016)

Especially this one

Epic will be there to unveil their new game base on the Samaritan demo from 2012. This will be XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE as Microsoft is the publisher. Possibly the best looking game of this generation.

Some are kind of goofy

Good Science Studios will unveil their Kinect Only game "EchoBlack" - The game is controlled via the use of Kinect and the player plots through an adventure game drawn as by echolocation. The vibrancy of the world depicted alters depending on the pitch, loudness and location of the players voice. No release date.
Lionhead will have a brief gameplay of Fable Legends and bow out with a teaser of their next project which is set in a post-cataclysmic Earth decimated by egg shaped objects (possibly aliens)

Black Tusk will have a CGI trailer for Gears of War : Lazurus which will show the direction the series is heading.

LOL, these rumor makers are creative

Lazarus eh, nice touch

Rare is prepping a re-boot of Battletoads and Perfect Dark. BT will initially be a download only title (see Killer Instinct) and is set to run at 60fps. Perfect Dark is looking to be rebooted into a Third Person Adventure game - Similar to Uncharted.

These guys have good imagination, I couldn't think up a wish list like this.

I find it hard to trust any leak but I would love my prediction of Ryse 2 to be true. I would also love for Samaritan to actually be released as a game. I wonder if Samaritan really becomes a xbox exclusive would epic give sony UT4 as a timed exclusive like last gen. Hope these specific things happen but I am taking this with alot of salt.

It's ludicrous to think MS would be announcing a Ryse sequel already if it's not slated to come out for 2 and a half years. Teasing Halo 5 is one thing when they were trying to build launch hype (and that they even implied was a 2014 game), but I can't imagine them feeling good about having to show Ryse 2 at 3 different E3s. For a franchise that didn't review or sell that well...

It's ludicrous to think MS would be announcing a Ryse sequel already if it's not slated to come out for 2 and a half years. Teasing Halo 5 is one thing when they were trying to build launch hype (and that they even implied was a 2014 game), but I can't imagine them feeling good about having to show Ryse 2 at 3 different E3s. For a franchise that didn't review or sell that well...

Well, their was already heavy, sort of confirmed, rumors that Crytek would be doing a sequel, set in medieval England, subtitled Knights of England, if sales warranted.

That's the thing about e3 rumors, most of the makers just embellish some of what's already out there or is at least vaguely plausible, plausible to make them more believable or grounded in reality.

Anyways the list seems about as likely as that Sony list. It's almost surely made up, but provides fun fodder. Really it seems like a wish list.

As good as its technical merits are, Ryse really should not be considered a high profile game. They would have to really re-work the mechanics of the game to make this game stand out for anything except how pretty its pixels are. Bit like Infamous though not to the same level.

an xbox one sans bluray would be great if they could shrink the mobo also.

1TB xbox one sans bluray in a new smaller foot print at $300/$350 vs the standard at $400/$450 would be pretty good .

1TB xbox one sans bluray in a new smaller foot print at $300/$350 vs the standard at $400/$450 would be pretty good .

Agreed. I would have chosen a bluray-free version at launch if it was available.

Fake. You can tell it's fake because every prediction is something easily guessed based on what we know about who is working on what.
Easily guessable?

When was the last time Japan Studio announced working on two titles simultaneously, let alone three?
When was the last time London Studio did a AAA game?
What was the likelihood of Ninja Theory doing another console exclusive given they went multi platform after Heavenly Sword?

Maybe these rumours have been floating around, but I've not seen them. Nor have I seen them mooted on GAF.

The form factor can definitely be improved, but isn't it a bit early for a slim redesign? I don't see this happening a year after launch.

XB1 production cost is estimated at $471. Removing the ODD makes it $30 less expensive, it also requires a bigger HDD, offsetting this gain. At the same time it reduces the value proposition.

The only way they can reach 300 or 350 this early, is by taking a huge loss on the hardware, or dropping both the ODD and Kinect.

Yap, this isn't 2007 anymore. A blue laser drive and blu-ray playback licenses won't cut $100 in the BoM.

Especially this one
Epic will be there to unveil their new game base on the Samaritan demo from 2012. This will be XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE as Microsoft is the publisher. Possibly the best looking game of this generation.
Surely this gave you an indication it's BS?

The two things won't go hand in hand this generation.

Regardless of the xbone's inferior performance, the best game of this generation certainly isn't coming in 2015. I can guarantee it.

Probably would be read with an implied "so far, to date, etc" :p

And I dunno, Sunset Overdrive looks pretty crazy at times :p

Oh, we're also ignoring resolution. In rough theory, XOne should be able to match anything PS4 can do at 1080, at 900. Hence, something like Ryse is right up there as best looking game of the gen so far.

That's ignoring I think there could be a lot of hardware "gotchas" about either system we're not privy too.

But this is where Xbox can hit the sweet spot imo, it has a lot of power and can make really great looking games. It's not the Wii U. It just needs to compete on being lower priced.

Yeah, out of all those most likely fake rumors, Samaritan gets me most excited. I want that one. Dig the Blade Runner vibe.

Completely agree. I dont understand how this conversation got to the talk of one systems inferiority anyway.

Easily guessable?

When was the last time Japan Studio announced working on two titles simultaneously, let alone three?

Gamescom 2012.

When was the last time London Studio did a AAA game?
What was the likelihood of Ninja Theory doing another console exclusive given they went multi platform after Heavenly Sword?

Obviously there's some fan wankery involved, but the London Studios prediction is conspicuously vague, and working with Ninja Theory again on a Heavenly Sword sequel isnt exactly thinking outside the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back