Predictions for E3 2014

• Thread starter Deleted member 86764
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamescom 2012.
Fair point!
Obviously there's some fan wankery involved, but the London Studios prediction is conspicuously vague, and working with Ninja Theory again on a Heavenly Sword sequel isnt exactly thinking outside the box.
But neither obvious nor easily guessable. And sure somethings things simply will only be known by a few people. They can have vague time slots where the content is known by very few people. Sony have a history of such secrecy, Mark Cerny first saw the PS4 until E3 with everybody else.

Let's revisit accuracy of this in a month ;)

I'm pretty sure Sony will announce
happy-kitten.jpg

Fixed spoiler! :runaway: :p

Fair point!

But neither obvious nor easily guessable. And sure somethings things simply will only be known by a few people. They can have vague time slots where the content is known by very few people. Sony have a history of such secrecy, Mark Cerny first saw the PS4 until E3 with everybody else.

Let's revisit accuracy of this in a month ;)

So it was 95% stuff we know, and stuff that has been long rumored (plus a recent leak), and then two cases of going out on a limb to basically say "London is making something" and "Sony is working with Ninja Theory again". Neither of those guesses give us any reason to believe this person has any inside information. I can link you to my E3 prediction blog from last year and it will be filled with a lot of the same kind of sensible projections, and a few moments of wishful thinking. The only difference is I never claimed to have inside information, but based on the content neither would seem more credible than the other. There's barely anything to test against because they give no details that could be verified or disputed. No titles, no code names, no game concepts or stylistic descriptions. And since Dual Shockers will print literally anything they add no credibility whatsoever. Actually, that's not true. There are persistent fan assumptions about Wipeout and Syphon Filter coming back. I think those are both wrong and we'll see that in a month. But, again, they are obvious guesses for a fake insider fanboy.

Off topic but the cat pic made me think of it. If we ever do get alternate reality and VR head sets having a virtual kitty would be awesome. All the fun of a cat or dog and no feeding them or cleaning up poop.

So it was 95% stuff we know, and stuff that has been long rumored (plus a recent leak), and then two cases of going out on a limb to basically say "London is making something" and "Sony is working with Ninja Theory again". Neither of those guesses give us any reason to believe this person has any inside information. I can link you to my E3 prediction blog from last year and it will be filled with a lot of the same kind of sensible projections, and a few moments of wishful thinking. The only difference is I never claimed to have inside information, but based on the content neither would seem more credible than the other. There's barely anything to test against because they give no details that could be verified or disputed. No titles, no code names, no game concepts or stylistic descriptions. And since Dual Shockers will print literally anything they add no credibility whatsoever. Actually, that's not true. There are persistent fan assumptions about Wipeout and Syphon Filter coming back. I think those are both wrong and we'll see that in a month. But, again, they are obvious guesses for a fake insider fanboy.

History has shown e3 predictions aren't very accurate IIRC. Even an hour before the show, we usually dont know all/most. Let alone 30 days til. For example, one widely predicted thing last time before the MS show was that they'd unveil some kind of TV service in a big way. That seemed like a safe bet by showtime. They didn't.

We usually KIND OF have an idea just before the show, but even then it feels like 50-50, and that's one day prior, not 30.

In fact I cant remember this kind of ultra detailed E3 leak ever being proved mostly correct.

Right, they show up every year and almost every year they are wrong. And the reason for that is because the real conference won't be made up entirely of things you might predict and/or wish for. It will have things no one could have anticipated. Ironically, a leak in this case is more credible if it contains names and details for things no one knows are in the works or have ever heard of. If you're just saying Battletoads this, Wipeout that, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue then we can assume it's fanfic.

I think Sony will unveil a new feature of Project Morpheus that will literally blow out minds. Something third parties were not informed about, yet.

I also expected they'll announce The Last Guardian will be a PS5 exclusive in 2020, those damn feathers and fuzz are just too difficult to render on PS4. Then in 2020 it will be put on hold until 2022.

I was only half-joking, okay so it wouldn't be blowing your mind, just reading it. :LOL:

There's a lot of fun stuff in this patent:
http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PG01&s1=20130328928&OS=20130328928&RS=20130328928
The frontal region contact unit 120 and temporal region contact unit 130 include a biological information acquisition sensor that can measure the user's biological information, such as the body temperature, pulse, blood components, perspiration, brain waves, and cerebral blood flow.
It's now possible to make a cheap and comfortable capacitive EEG/ECG instead of metal electrodes. They would need a very good shielding and it needs to be over the frontal lobe to get interesting data of stress and concentration. The design of Morpheus seems to be ideal for that, there's a large part right over the frontal lobe which would be perfectly placed for the sensor and wide shielding.

They should include a pair of necomimi ears.

I was only half-joking, okay so it wouldn't be blowing your mind, just reading it. :LOL:

There's a lot of fun stuff in this patent:
http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PG01&s1=20130328928&OS=20130328928&RS=20130328928
It's now possible to make a cheap and comfortable capacitive EEG/ECG instead of metal electrodes. They would need a very good shielding and it needs to be over the frontal lobe to get interesting data of stress and concentration. The design of Morpheus seems to be ideal for that, there's a large part right over the frontal lobe which would be perfectly placed for the sensor and wide shielding.

They should include a pair of necomimi ears.

And some blue pills.

My prediction for E3 2015 is that by that time we will sill be here talking about the next big understanding of the hardware

Beyond Good and Evil 2 might actually be shown again and dated.

MS releases Xbox Two...it is basically a PS4 with a Kinect attached to it for 499$.

This serves three purposes: 1.) multiplat parity is trivial 2.) every sold X2 costs Sony money, as the underlying PS4 is sold by Sony with a lost 3.) this should allow MS to close the sale numbers gap, as in this case due to the low PS4 production limits a sold X2 definitively costs Sony a sold PS4.

I do wonder why MS and Co don't ask me to design their new consol...Cerny is old hat, Billy is the new man!!

What surprises me is the number of people that read that blog and take it as gospel...

And back on topic, do we now have confirmation that Nintendo won't have a conference?

I just noticed that a completely new PSM SDK version is announced (2.0) that targets Vita and Vita TV only. So there's a good chance this will perform much better than the current SDK, which aims to be compatible with a range of Playstation Mobile devices including Android phones.

It releases together with a special Unity for Vita SDK release, with which I expect it will share at least some code. I think this is very promising. I really liked working with the SDK, but stopped because it wasn't released in the Netherlands (has been now though), but many complained about limitations and performance issues. Really curious to see what the new release will bring.

Ah.. so that's what Notch was tweeting about. I thought he was drunk again.

With all the may annoucements from Microsoft, the E3 is now a mistery.

For sure:

- New Halo 5: Guardians trailer
- New Fable Legends trailer (in-game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back