The Annual E3 Microsoft press conference thread, 2017 edition

AC: Origins runs checkerboard 4k according to DF

Interesting review. Lots to consider here, the head nod to animation for both HZD and UC4 is something I don't normally look at. But with next gen we should be expecting better animations as well.

It's going to be an interesting evolution to see studios move towards more fluid and better overall animations while trying to keep costs low.

Careful there. "Like Epic settings" isn't Epic settings as Clukos and I discussed. Take what they say with a grain of salt. Ark: Survival Evolved can be a beautiful game, but it's also not a particularly well optimized game.

Regards,
SB

I am purely going off of what the developer said.

Careful there. "Like Epic settings" isn't Epic settings as Clukos and I discussed. Take what they say with a grain of salt. Ark: Survival Evolved can be a beautiful game, but it's also not a particularly well optimized game.

Regards,
SB
Then the question is, if a game is badly optimised on every platform (i.e. it's the engine core), does that realign the baseline for that game.
Making the Epic settings a valid statement when comparing what each platform is doing? :runaway:

AC: Origins runs checkerboard 4k according to DF

Read the article:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...ox-one-looks-stunning-but-we-need-to-see-more

And once again disappointed by MS, if they was unable to get all the games running on 1X hardware for show, then fill out the media briefing with titles you could, Gears 4, FH3, people are just as interested to know how they will look and play.
Gears we know they have it running, FH3, same core engine as FM and it didn't take them long to get the FM engine up and running on it anyway.
They could've easily had some more impressive games running for the media and floor without all the shenanigans.

Are people interested in new games? Sure.
But people are more interested in seeing and getting hands on of 1X games.

As DF said people want those comparisons, even if they had to say early ports of Gears and FH3.

I also appreciate they want to keep focus on FM not FH, but still....

After going back and rewatching the MS press conference after seeing all the others...it was the best imo. Sheer volume of games that they showed outdid the others...+ new console + original Xbox compatibility. Just felt like it had more meat to it than the others.

I am going to rate the conference an overall 6 out of 10. 1X seems to be everything we have hoped for but $50 higher than I would have like it to be.

MS still clearly needs to work on 1st and 2nd party games, I bet next E3 would be bringing out the big guns 1st party wise but wished they had a new IP to announce or two.

Ori and Anthem were my games of the show.

I am going to rate the conference an overall 6 out of 10. 1X seems to be everything we have hoped for but $50 higher than I would have like it to be.

MS still clearly needs to work on 1st and 2nd party games, I bet next E3 would be bringing out the big guns 1st party wise but wished they had a new IP to announce or two.

Ori and Anthem were my games of the show.

Clearly everybody needs work since the disappointment doesn't seem limited to the MS conference. I'm actually happy we didn't get a bunch games targeted for 2019 and beyond.

Seems like conferences have gotten into the habit of promoting hype at the expense of games. Seems odd that people weren't all that excited about upcoming titles. And I'd bet thats mostly due to being exposed to them during previous e3s.

Who wants that newly released 2018 model automobile when the manufacturer has spent the last year hyping the 2019 model. It's ass backwards and I wish e3 was limited to touting games targeted for release before the next e3 and eliminated the practice of showing off titles slated for release 18-30 months in the future.

Last edited:
Who wants that newly released 2018 model automobile when the manufacturer has spent the last year hyping the 2019 model. It's ass backwards and I wish e3 was limited to touting games targeted for release before the next e3 and eliminated the practice of showing off titles slated for release 18-30 months in the future.
This makes no sense to me. FF7R possibly coming out in 2019 (or 2020) doesn't diminish my excitement for GOW for example. Hardware and software comparison is odd too.

Relevant:

xGWpGi1.png

After going back and rewatching the MS press conference after seeing all the others...it was the best imo. Sheer volume of games that they showed outdid the others...+ new console + original Xbox compatibility. Just felt like it had more meat to it than the others.

I didn't watch the conference live, Only Sony's, but I'll give MS the win. They showed 2 of my 3 faves of the show (Anthem, The Last Night, and Battlefront 2). But mostly because in the days following X1X is the thing that is standing above other takeaways from E3 IMO.

Still thought it was very lacking in that no new big original first party IP was shown (maybe wishful thinking). But we have to compare it to the rest of E3 which was altogether weak this year IMO.

I still to this day wish for a game based on that UE4 Samaritan demo :(

I didn't watch the conference live, Only Sony's, but I'll give MS the win. They showed 2 of my 3 faves of the show (Anthem, The Last Night, and Battlefront 2). But mostly because in the days following X1X is the thing that is standing above other takeaways from E3 IMO.

Still thought it was very lacking in that no new big original first party IP was shown (maybe wishful thinking). But we have to compare it to the rest of E3 which was altogether weak this year IMO.

I still to this day wish for a game based on that UE4 Samaritan demo :(

Ruby Demo,
Samaritan Demo
The Coalition Demo from 2013 was amazing... why in the world those arent games but some studio.. any studio.. I don't know

MS completely failed to show the power of the x1x . They have a powerful console and no games, apart from forza, to show it against Sony that has a ton of eye popping games. How MS could be so incompetent, I have no idea. It really boggles the mind, they knew they had a console like x1x for release in the end of 2017 years ago how could they not plan anything to complement the console ? How did they fail to have some collaborations with studios that could provide some ...graphics, there I said it, to make a point for their new shiny 500$ console ? Just have crytek cook something, they need the money and could possibly make something for the x1x that would blow away everything . Whatever.....

The truth never gets old and what I say is the absolute truth , it isn't even an opinion. The only game , releasing until the end of 2017, that shows x1x capabilities is forza and ms had nothing else to show. Hell they actually didn't show any good looking games going beyond 2017 . I am sorry but things like crackdown and SOD2 look shockingly bad, esp. if they were meant to promote a 6 tf console .

Can you tell me which ms-published games impressed at e3 and became an advertisement for x1x ? When Sony unveiled the pro, and it wasn't the best unveiling anyway, they had horizon to show what did ms have ?

Ruby Demo,
Samaritan Demo
The Coalition Demo from 2013 was amazing... why in the world those arent games but some studio.. any studio.. I don't know
It's not the first time I see the Samaritan demo being mentioned, but any game based on it would feel like a Deus Ex clone. The character was Adam Jensen through and through.

...it isn't even an opinion.

Says the person who's opinion doesn't match the majority of people. :) I'm also pretty sure Metro: Exodus isn't going to run at 4k on XBO-S, and that was most certainly shown at the conference. As were many other games shown in 4k.

Regards,
SB

Read the article:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...ox-one-looks-stunning-but-we-need-to-see-more

And once again disappointed by MS, if they was unable to get all the games running on 1X hardware for show, then fill out the media briefing with titles you could, Gears 4, FH3, people are just as interested to know how they will look and play.
Gears we know they have it running, FH3, same core engine as FM and it didn't take them long to get the FM engine up and running on it anyway.
They could've easily had some more impressive games running for the media and floor without all the shenanigans.

Are people interested in new games? Sure.
But people are more interested in seeing and getting hands on of 1X games.

As DF said people want those comparisons, even if they had to say early ports of Gears and FH3.

I also appreciate they want to keep focus on FM not FH, but still....
we have what 5 months till launch. I don't think its fair to expect all the games to be playable on the xbox at e3. I am hoping that MS does their own show either at the end of summer or early fall and have more stuff running on their demos. Perhaps for those lucky to have microsoft stores near them to have playable xbox systems on 4k tvs to play with

we have what 5 months till launch. I don't think its fair to expect all the games to be playable on the xbox at e3. I am hoping that MS does their own show either at the end of summer or early fall and have more stuff running on their demos. Perhaps for those lucky to have microsoft stores near them to have playable xbox systems on 4k tvs to play with

This triggered a thought in my brain, but since it was very Sony related, I put it into the Sony E3 thread.
The Annual E3 Sony press conference thread, 2017 edition

Playable on the floor would be nice, but instead of all the specs, in the reveal, showing gears would've done wonders, showing Marcus in 4k, high texture etc, that would bring a buzz that I felt was missing.
Gears is a beautiful game, and probably stunning on the 1X.
They already have gears up and running, with 4k assets and updated settings on the 1X.

Think some people at E3 even got to see it?
So I don't think it's unfair to show a vid of it.
Maybe get to see it at gamescon or something, is that before 1X release?

Edit: Buzz in terms of 1P, even if it is just a patch.

Last edited:
Back