- MS unveils new games

- Sony unveils new games
- Sony demoes Morpheus

- Sega and ys.net announce Shenmue 3 and PS4 exclusivity

MS:

• A new Kinect demo or 2 to keep fans happy
  • Gears of War 1 2 and 3 XB1 remasters.
  • New Indie outreach program.
  • No price drop but they allow more services out from behind paywall leaving things like multiplayer and TV guide behind.
  • Halo, Forza Horizon, New games new trailers.
  • More focus on app OS and integration with other MS stuff.
  • Directx 12 demos

Sony:
  • Better Move integration with Morpheus and LIGHT SABER DEMO !!!!!! FINALLY !!!!!!!!!
    more trailers, Uncharted tech demo
  • PS Now timeframe and prices vaguely mentioned.
  • Some cool vita stuff

Dates for games:
  • Drive Club out at e3
  • Uncharted 1 year aspirationally but they will caution that q4 2015 is a possibility.
  • The Order out by holiday "window"
  • GT6 remaster February or March 2015

Nintendo:
  • A helping of stuff fans want, they know what they want just give it to them.
  • Price drop and cool wii U mote demo that every system gets and is a free download.

Nvidia:
  • Maxwell stuff
  • Tegra 5
  • VR demo and New Shield to go with it. ( betcha didn't see that one coming.)

Large swath of gaming press gets sick.

Well, there are Known titles and Known Unknown titles, but it's hard to speculate about the Unknown Unknown titles.

I think Ms will show and give release dates for Halo2A, Quantum Break, and Sunset Overdrive.
New games announced and shown like Forza Horizons2 and a few more. Xbox one price drop without dropping Kinect or disc drive. Dx 12 and AR glasses demos. Xbox one games with gold announced with first games being available that day.

Sony will show Uncharted ps4. Show and give release dates for The Order and TLOUPS4. Drive Club release date. Project Morpheus on the floor for public demo.

Nintendo , ZELDA!!!!! for the Wii U. Metroid Prime Reboot.

MS - Games, price cut, kinectless model (though that may get unveiled in oct/nov)
Sony - Games (lots of indie), looking forward to VR stuff, though this is gonna be hard to show, so dont expect much
nintendo - same old IPs, new models wiiu & 3ds

Why would FB want to partner with MS when they reach so many, many more people on PC, Mac, tablets, and every other device?? It's not like they need MS's money.

So MS have a VR show partnering with FB, but Sony don't have any VR showing and the press is lukewarm?

Okay, let's revisit these predictions in a few weeks. ;)

I don't think MS really wants to get into VR biz with it's current system, so symbolic lip service "partnership" with FB might suit 'em just fine. Sony has their own VR device and Nintendo is probably careful because bad experience with Virtual Boy. Exclusive content for MS might be just few simple demos or some first party game ported to VR. I expect FB to support just about every system available once their tech is ready for consumers.

And for Sony, I meant mostly new announcement. Their VR solution might get positive buzz, but I don't think they have enough content just yet to get massive boost like last years 399 dollars and "we allow used games".

I guess we'll actually see some Doom 4. That game has been promised for a long time now. Hopefully it's surviving without JC.

Well I know this thread is called 'Predictions' but it's more of a wish list, and as such I'll add my own wish list cause I WANT I WANT I WANT!

- ZOE3 - ZOMG
- I'd totally replay Far Cry 3, Crysis 2 and many other games on PS4 with graphics turned up to stupid. They're already done - PC versions and all that - so it wouldn't be a huge job to optimise for PS4.
- I never got the chance to play some of the big ones last gen, a bit cause I knew they'd have released 'remasters' on PS4 - of course we already know about TLOU, but also Beyond, Heavy Rain. Crysis 3 for me. So many I missed. Just keep them coming.
- New games yadda yadda, god knows.
- PLEASE NO MORE GOD OF WAR! Santa Monica needs to use their brains on something else.
- Who really cares enough about Project Morpheus at this point in time?? Sony should focus on their only, real, huge problem this year - lack of games. They're selling PS4's by the truckload but I just have nothing to do with it, and the situation doesn't look like it will improve that much any time soon.
- Indies are all fashion right now but I want those big games I buy consoles for.
- K I N G D O M... H E A R T S... 3

My expectation is they aren't ready to show the next Santa Monica project, given the recent project cancellation over there. I do think the next title will be related to God of War, my prediction is that it will not start Kratos. I've been hoping for a "Goddess of War" with a shift to Norse mythology.

Well I know this thread is called 'Predictions' but it's more of a wish list, and as such I'll add my own wish list cause

Wish list, huh? Okay, I know I’ve already predicted some rather unlikely things, but here’s a few that I’m pretty sure won’t happen only would love to see:

Sony:
*A new Wipeout for PS4.
*PSV to get an update that allows for 60fps streaming from the PS4 providing you’re on a local network.
*Morpheus to be released in winter 2014 has a suite to games on show (horror, racing, FPS, etc.)
*Driveclub will be announced at the conference as being available immediately to PS+ subscribers.
*Software emulation of PS1 and PS2 100% successful, ready in weeks. All games scale natively to 1080p with unlocked framerates.

Microsoft:
*IllumiRoom available by the end of the year, has own internal processors that save the strain on the Xbox.
*Kinect game that takes the 3D image of your room and actually renders a representation of it but changing everything into some fantasy environment. Allows for interaction with your room and NCPs to enter.
*Possible VR headset that includes a Kinect on the front so that you can have altered reality, using a 3D representation of your house.
*Some games catered to a more European audience. i.e., no giant disproportionate space marines.

Nintendo:
Decides to release select games on PS4/PSV.

I’d love to see some game innovation, even if they’re not technically incredible. Something that’s totally different to what we’re used to – a whole new genre.

Okay, I think I got a bit carried away here…

My very, very [strike]un[/strike]realistic predictions.

-New Syphon Filter for PS4.
-ZOE 3
-Onimusha reboot for next gen.
-Final chapter of LOK series for next-gen.
-MGS remake exclusively on PS4.
-Halo MMO.
-Stranger's Wrath sequel.
-Septhirot (FFVII) gets his own game.
-The Last Guardian showed.

Serious predictions:

-Dishonored 2 announced at E3
-Nintendo won't be E3.
-Quantum Break release date announced.
-Halo 5 showed.
-Corey Balrog new IP showed.
-Glimpse of Uncharted 4.
-Quantic Dream new IP.
-Tomb Raider 2 (or better TR reboot 2) for next gen.
-Media Molecule new IP showed.
-Epic Games new IP.

Come on, so little hype for Xbox... xDDD

Microsoft:
- Quantum Break trailer and+launch date
- Sunset Overdrive gameplay trailer+launch date
- Fable Legends gameplay trailer + info
- Japanese exclusive game trailer
- Gears of War GCI teaser-trailer
- Halo 2 Anniversary announcemente, 2014
- Halo 5 trailer, gameplay
- Forza Horizon 2 announcement
- A new Kinect game (hardcore)
- some ID@Xbox games
- Some Xbox Prime (first xbox) games IPs (Phantom Dust one of them)
- A new peripherical

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I read almost everything of what can be expected at E3 2014.

I will add this prediction:

- New PS3 (maybe X360 too) hardware revision (GPU 28nm, CPU 20-22nm) with a price cut.

- New PS3 (maybe X360 too) hardware revision (GPU 28nm, CPU 20-22nm) with a price cut.

I thought about this too, but I doubt we'd get a 20-22nm for cell. Maybe they can integrate everything on one 28nm HPM die. Kaveri can hit the really clocks so reaching the high speeds shouldn't be a problem.

For the 360, they could probably move the EDRAM to ESRAM and it wouldn't be that big.

Both systems could probably be sub 50W then, under $150, and a much better alternative to the android microconsoles.

good point, not sure about the dieshrinkage (I dont follow that thing) but the last gen consoles are due a serious costcut

I'm mostly interested in seeing Sony first parties on stage showing titles and seeing if we get any info on release dates. Many of Sony's studios have been remarkably quiet for months now.

With MS I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Kinect and some of the other services which might drive demand for XB1. If Titanfall can't move hardware they are going to need to provide services like IPTV to drive adoption. Maybe a DirectTV IPTV deal to that competes with Dishnetworks expected streaming TV announcement this summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back