Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

3) It could be any of those issues. Does sony operate its own cloud infrastructure?
AWS case study -
Using the opportunity of a generational jump from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5, Sony Interactive Entertainment reimagined its online multiplayer ecosystem to meet game developer and player needs at a global scale. In this GDC session, Sony Interactive Entertainment shares how it reinvented its legacy architecture and uses Amazon Web Services (AWS) to ensure high scalability, availability, and flexibility to meet changing demands for the next generation of play.

Pretty sure that covers voice-chat and spectating which will be large service consumers. AWS have increased their prices several years in a row.

A while back a PS5 fw was released into beta, has it been released publicaly yet? I just got some new sonos era 300 speakers :)

Dolby Atmos support is still in beta branch.

edit - @JPT if you have UK PSN account, check if my beta code is still active. It's valid for 5 users, and I've already shared it with friends.
Code:
RL94-HT5A-GTBD

You dont want the missus or mom and dad to wake up while you are secretly gaming during the night? :p
Both me and the wife work from home, but I get more free time, makes me feel bad when I fire up the PS5 while she's still hard at work and the beep can be heard 3 rooms away lol. But she's cool, she doesn't mind.

Dolby Atmos support is still in beta branch.

edit - @JPT if you have UK PSN account, check if my beta code is still active. It's valid for 5 users, and I've already shared it with friends.
Code:
RL94-HT5A-GTBD
Thanks, I did not see this reply before now, but I do not have an uk account. But thanks.
And now I can run the public release weee

A mixture of VR and indies.
Bigger titles include
Hell Divers 2
Spider Man
FF7R pt 2
Maybe some others that I can’t recall.
A handful of Japanese titles as well.
Another view of their Splatoon like game

anyone know whether PS5 can be used completely offline, even without internet connection in the initial OOBE setup?
I don't know about fully from OOBE, but I know that as soon as you set a device as your primary console - which may be a setting linked to an account, which would require account creation/login - then you do not need the internet at all. There are some obvious caveats though, if you have digital games installed (copied over) on the device, then the digital licences need to be verified online at least once.

You will be limited on what you can play over time without software updates because future games will rely on future firmware features, but even then you can install firmware updates from a USB stick.

I don't know about fully from OOBE, but I know that as soon as you set a device as your primary console - which may be a setting linked to an account, which would require account creation/login - then you do not need the internet at all. There are some obvious caveats though, if you have digital games installed (copied over) on the device, then the digital licences need to be verified online at least once.

You will be limited on what you can play over time without software updates because future games will rely on future firmware features, but even then you can install firmware updates from a USB stick.
I'm considering to stockpile PS5 with old fw for future hacks. Thus if oobe needs internet, I won't be able to stockpile

I'm considering to stockpile PS5 with old fw for future hacks. Thus if oobe needs internet, I won't be able to stockpile
I have not been following what hacked PS5 firmware is doing, what's the appeal?

Back