Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

ps5: ragnarok eu p3 us p2 ,gt7 eu p6 us p9, forbiden west p8 both eu and usa,
ps4: ragnarok eu p15 us p9, gt7 eu p19 us out of top20, forbiden west eu p20 us p13

All this effort to make crossgen games 2 years after ps5 premiere and as expected low sell on old gen

Last edited:
Man I am so far removed from what people are lapping up. Online shooter iterations, superheroes, Star wars, and the usual domination of sports. Minecraft hehe.

Finally bought TLOU2 because it hit the magic $10. The gameplay and exploration is fun but the characters and story can go away.

Gotta get Horizon Forbidden West yet at some point.

Last edited:
These still represent a fairly small fraction of the gaming populace. More people don't play FIFA than do, etc.
Right most people play candy crush on their phone or whatever. Gaming industry is not tilted toward core gaming, atleast not anymore. The gaming population has expanded but a lot of that is still casuals who don't play the games we would play

Bruh..have they ever done this before? Shit, if this is real, how could a major corporation like Sony actually think this was a good idea without making clear stipulations about refurbished units?!
Sounds real. But in the forum in the posted transcript Sony said "this is not refurbished. This is factory re-certified". Not sure what else that could mean according to Sony.
It could mean a lot of things, including faulty products that were fixed, returned products that broke and then fixed, faulty products that were salvaged from good parts and reused in production to build a new one, products suspected of being faulty during production or products that went through some troublesome production and then rechecked and fixed the issue.
Have no idea. Ironically only the Modern Warfare bundles had that sticker. Possibly were produced as normal units and then repackaged with bundle and "re-certified"?

Sounds real. But in the forum in the posted transcript Sony said "this is not refurbished. This is factory re-certified". Not sure what else that could mean according to Sony.
It could mean a lot of things, including faulty products that were fixed, returned products that broke and then fixed, faulty products that were salvaged from good parts and reused in production to build a new one, products suspected of being faulty during production or products that went through some troublesome production and then rechecked and fixed the issue.
Have no idea. Ironically only the Modern Warfare bundles had that sticker. Possibly were produced as normal units and then repackaged with bundle and "re-certified"?
I think the problem is that Sony was not being transparent.

If they indicated it as factory recertified, something like

"due to supply chain issues, ordering directly from us may result in you getting a factory recertified unit"

,then clearly label it as factory recertified (instead of covering it with a sticker), This won't be an issue

"due to supply chain issues, ordering directly from us may result in you getting a factory recertified unit"

,then clearly label it as factory recertified (instead of covering it with a sticker), This won't be an issue

Not at the same price as a brand new one however. That's really screwed up. I'd be super pissed if I bought new and they sent me a refurb. Also most companies give lesser warranties on refurb , so did sony do that also with this ?

Not at the same price as a brand new one however. That's really screwed up. I'd be super pissed if I bought new and they sent me a refurb. Also most companies give lesser warranties on refurb , so did sony do that also with this ?
Refurb coming directly from the company should have stronger warranty actually, since it is the responsibility and conscious decision of Sony to see it as a substitute to a new one, sold at the exact same price.
Thus sold at a potentially higher risk to break without any compensation for it. Assuming of course this is truly a returned refurbished unit of course which we dont know.

True. And they need to specify also exactly what factory recertified stands for in this case. Is it a used refurb? Is it new/unused that went through a different production process due to manufacturing fault?
What is it?
According to buyers in the forum, the unit has zero signs of a refurbished used unit. No scratch, not a single particle of dust. So it stands for something, but not fully sure.

i remember when i was young, i bought a turd on PS1 (hi octane), in a small videogames shop, i brought it back the next day to get a refund, the guy told me he could not refund me full price because the game was opened and he could not resell it at full price, so he bought it back for cheap.
A few days later i got back to the shop and saw "my" game back in at full price with some tape on the plastic film around the box.

Legal squirming? Wrangle a definition and claim it's something other than reselling the same returned hardware. But worse than that is the lie. From ARS post:

"Sony's website specifically has a section where they offer 'Factory Recertified' hardware at discounted prices... so its not like they don't understand the distinction."

Putting a 'new' label over a 'Factory Recertified' label can't really be passed off as legit operations.

Legal squirming? Wrangle a definition and claim it's something other than reselling the same returned hardware. But worse than that is the lie. From ARS post:

"Sony's website specifically has a section where they offer 'Factory Recertified' hardware at discounted prices... so its not like they don't understand the distinction."

Putting a 'new' label over a 'Factory Recertified' label can't really be passed off as legit operations.
Thats bullshit in their part thats for sure

Refurb coming directly from the company should have stronger warranty actually, since it is the responsibility and conscious decision of Sony to see it as a substitute to a new one, sold at the exact same price.
Thus sold at a potentially higher risk to break without any compensation for it. Assuming of course this is truly a returned refurbished unit of course which we dont know.
As its being sold like its new, I expect warranty to be the same.
But this is just crazy that you could be sent a factory recertified one regardless if it was even just the box that was opened.

Back