Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Apparently leaked sony games list in development that gametsu got not long ago and source of horizon remake rumour
I wonder if he is giving hints about his next game...Ocean

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1664896608335.jpg
    FB_IMG_1664896608335.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: snc
I ment this article, where they practically confirm it
That applies to GaaS (games as a service). Whilst it looks like Sony are are considering GaaS again - something they've really not focussed on since failing to get any traction during the PS3 era - mostly what Sony is known for are single-player games: Uncharted, The Last of Us, Ratchet & Clank, Spider-Man, Ghost of Tsushima, Infamous, Demon Souls, God of War, Returnal, Shadow of the Colossus, The Last Guardian, Horizon - those games will get a release pause.

It would be helpful if Sony could announce how long the pause will be when the PS5 release date is near.

That applies to GaaS (games as a service). Whilst it looks like Sony are are considering GaaS again - something they've really not focussed on since failing to get any traction during the PS3 era - mostly what Sony is known for are single-player games: Uncharted, The Last of Us, Ratchet & Clank, Spider-Man, Ghost of Tsushima, Infamous, Demon Souls, God of War, Returnal, Shadow of the Colossus, The Last Guardian, Horizon - those games will get a release pause.

It would be helpful if Sony could announce how long the pause will be when the PS5 release date is near.

Nope, thats not what the article or Herman hulst stated. GaaS titles are simuntaneously, while first party will be a year apart (atleast). Thus, yes it means ALL PS games will come to pc. I citate:

''According to Hulst, Sony plans to release its first-party GaaS games simultaneously on PC and PS5.

Hermen explained their decision to release “day and date” their GaaS games on PC. For those unaware, GaaS stands for “Games as a Service”. These games require a big community and thus, releasing these games on both platforms makes a lot of sense.''

''As for Sony’s first-party single-player games, Hermen stated that it will take them at least a year until they find their way to PC. In other words, we can expect all of the first-party PS5 games to release on the PC. This is major news as it’s a confirmation that every PS5 game will come out on our platform. This also confirms the PC versions of the games that have been leaked via NVIDIA GeForce Now.

All in all, this is exciting news for all PC gamers!''

Nope, thats not what the article or Herman hulst stated. GaaS titles are simuntaneously, while first party will be a year apart (atleast). Thus, yes it means ALL PS games will come to pc. I citate:
Apologies, I thought you were addressing the day and date part. Salt is delicious.

Now if sony announce that psvr2 will be compatible with PC at launch... Bye bye my plan to buy PS5.

That would be fascinating. I hope they do, more people able to use PSVR2 - assuming Sony bring games to PSVR2 on PC too - will only mean more people making VR games. :yes:

edit: typos.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be fascinating. I hope they do, more people able to use PSVR2 - assuming Sony bring gams rot PSVR2 on PC too - will only mean more people making VR games. :yes:

If PSVR2 is planned to be sold near cost or even subsidized, then selling games is essential to making a profit on it. I could certainly see Sony potentially locking some titles exclusively (either timed or indefinite) to PSVR2 on PC. Basically like Oculus ... I mean Facebook ... I mean Meta does with the Quest and Rift headsets by having them only available in their storefront which only works with their headsets (without hacking).

Then again if most or all of the profit is made via the games, then that would sort of be like biting themselves in the foot since they'd sell more titles if it was available for all headsets. At that point, PSVR2 on PC would just be about helping to drive more sales of their PSVR2 titles on PC.

Basically if more games are sold without the need of PSVR2 then that's more profit without the added cost of needing to sell a PSVR2. PSVR2 then is just to expand the market to facilitate more game sales which Sony could directly profit from if they are Sony published titles.

More PSVR2 headsets in the hands of PC owners may also potentially lead to some of them buying a PS5 if their PC ends up being woefully inadequate to the needs of those PSVR2 games and they are faced with needing to buy a 500 USD PS5 (foveated rendering supported) or 1000+ USD to upgrade their PC (potentially without foveated rendering support on PC which would drive up the GPU requirements).

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
More PSVR2 headsets in the hands of PC owners may also potentially lead to some of them buying a PS5 if their PC ends up being woefully inadequate to the needs of those PSVR2 games and they are faced with needing to buy a 500 USD PS5 (foveated rendering supported) or 1000+ USD to upgrade their PC (potentially without foveated rendering support on PC which would drive up the GPU requirements).

Someone getting a 500 dollar external controller/VR set most likely has equal-to-ps5 specs (3060/rx6600xt etc). But yea, you never know. Personally im happy enough with what VR experiences we get on pc, its not that much but the community is helping out alot with that. Theres even HZD in VR on the pc, HL2 has been VR'ed etc.

Cant imagine how Sony once used to own Everquest, Matrix Online and Planetside. Everquest has been active since 1999.
They used to have some foundation in that

Cant imagine how Sony once used to own Everquest, Matrix Online and Planetside. Everquest has been active since 1999.
They used to own the battle royale market also. H1Z1 King of the Kill was released in early access about a month before Sony divested in SOE (when they became Daybreak). It was designed by some guy named Brendan Greene who probably never made any games after and remains a complete unknown player, especially in the battle royale genre. Their lack of foresight in the GaaS market is stunning.

EverQuest was my first MMO, and I loved it. Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) had some hugely successful and popular online games on PC but they were less successful on console. They brought EverQuest to PS2. On PS3 they tried GaaS with Warhawk, MAG and others and that should have been an easy sell given there was no charge for multiplayer on PS3

GaaS does seem to make more sense cross-platform as it's easier to have a sustainable user bases if you run your software on more types of hardware..

EverQuest was my first MMO, and I loved it. Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) had some hugely successful and popular online games on PC but they were less successful on console. They brought EverQuest to PS2. On PS3 they tried GaaS with Warhawk, MAG and others and that should have been an easy sell given there was no charge for multiplayer on PS3

GaaS does seem to make more sense cross-platform as it's easier to have a sustainable user bases if you run your software on more types of hardware.

Im still looking for a MMO that captured my attention like Star Wars Galaxies (prior to combat upgrade and NGE).

Just discovered something that is really inconvenient regarding uograding PS4 games to PS5.
I m using a US account as my main 0SN account but I m in EU. Hence my games are EU. Downloading DLCs from the EU store and playing my games on US account, runs the DLC just fine.
But I inserted Doom Eternal disk now, the PS5 version becomes available and downloadinv in the EU store, but once I go to my US account, it shows the PS5 version as locked.
I want to play it on my US account because thats were I have my trophies.
Anyone else experienced this and know a solution?

Just discovered something that is really inconvenient regarding uograding PS4 games to PS5. I m using a US account as my main 0SN account but I m in EU. Hence my games are EU. Downloading DLCs from the EU store and playing my games on US account, runs the DLC just fine.
But I inserted Doom Eternal disk now, the PS5 version becomes available and downloadinv in the EU store, but once I go to my US account, it shows the PS5 version as locked. I want to play it on my US account because thats were I have my trophies. Anyone else experienced this and know a solution?
Sony - perhaps because of their experience as as TV/movie production house and distributor - have an absolutely bananas approach to regional designations for PlayStation accounts, game versions and DLC.

It's all terrible and Sony can't seem to fix it. Or they don't want to. Or something between the two. I only bought a few things on non-UK PlayStation accounts/stores but everything I did seems to have weird issues. :-|

Back