Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Is there any word about when (or if, but I hope it's when) the PS5 will get Dolby Vision support for BD playback? Atmos is there for audio, so I'm hoping it's just a matter of waiting. What's the good word about that?

Nothing about it...

SOOOOOO our Digital PS5, which turned itself off completely with Miles, now basically turns itself off at least once a day and with other games too.

Today it happened twice (once on COD and once on Demon). Called PS Support, the guy basically said that they’re aware of the issue, it’s a software issue, and they’ll be releasing a software update ASAP.

I’m not convinced, but at least he did say that if it continues even after the update then we’ll have to get back in touch, and I’ll push for a replacement, hoping there will be stock.

Not great.
Same thing happened to me with SM:MM. Turned completely off when I saved manually, goes in to repair usb mode, then black screen. Turning on and off again and I can get into home menu, started Miles again and it crashed in the loading screen again.
Edit: Didn't try sm:mm again, but played Astro for a while, no crashes there. I just hope my Spiderman save data did not corrupt.

Last edited:
Yikes, I hope Sony can fix it via FW / game update. That would be a real bummer for those that sold their PS4 and now play exclusively on PS5

Is there any word about when (or if, but I hope it's when) the PS5 will get Dolby Vision support for BD playback? Atmos is there for audio, so I'm hoping it's just a matter of waiting. What's the good word about that?
Not looking likely for either console. IIRC it requires a hardware chip for BD Dolby vision playback. That’s why the consoles only support the application variant.

Reactions: Rys
Last edited:
Man, I also turned thar game down. Your testimonial may push me towards giving it a second chance. I felt like the gameplay was a bit on the stiff side, and I'd spend too much time on combat and too little platforming and exploring (which is what I enjoy most in these games) and combat was more of an exercisw in patience than anything else. I hate games where most skill boils down to enduring a repetitive slow strategy and restraining yourself from even trying to be creative and bold. It punishes you for trying to have fun, and rewards boring play, seems like the oposite of what a game should do. Cuphead was the same and I did complete it, but mostly out of spite hahaha.

That's about the measure of Hollow Knight too. Its platforming and exploration are solid to excellent, but its boss fights are a war of attrition. The kind of gitgud stuff that I don't really need to face after 10 hours of regularly trying to convince a dying old man to have a drink while he just as regularly punches me in the face.

If you're on the fence about it and you ever play on PS4 or PS5, it's on PS+ for a few more hours depending on where in the world you live.

Hey guys!

This guy had the biggest, most amazing list of PS4 games with Pro enhancements, and now he has the same but for PS4 games and their benefits (or bugs) when running on PS5. Prob worth bookmarking it for future reference.

PS5 Backwards Compatibility: All PS4 games with benefits

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps5-backwards-compatibility-all-ps4-games-with-benefits.322747/

That's brilliant. Thank you for the link.

Middle Earth: Shadow of War looks amazing in its favour quality mode. As does Infamous Second Son with an unlocked framerate and the favour resolution mode.

All I really want though is a 60fps mode with AF for Death Stranding. As flawed as that game is, I love unwinding to it after work.

That's brilliant. Thank you for the link.

Middle Earth: Shadow of War looks amazing in its favour quality mode. As does Infamous Second Son with an unlocked framerate and the favour resolution mode.

All I really want though is a 60fps mode with AF for Death Stranding. As flawed as that game is, I love unwinding to it after work.
Really hope that most future releases on Ps4 would have an option to unlock framerate.

Oh so I have coil whine on my PS5, but only on some games during loading. FFVII Remake is making the console whine during loading, but not during gameplay, which is weird. Anyway, it's not loud at all.

? Want to elaborate before I waste 30 mins?

I also appreciate a summary of what videos contain, I'm never going to watch a video of somebody I don't know without a hook like free swag, naked ladies, experimental vodka recipes etc.

p.s. also people who wear hats indoor.. what are they hiding?

Back