Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Played Demon's Souls for a few hours.The console is silent to where I sit about two meters away, but can definitely hear the fan from ~10 cm away.
When I ejected the disc it was very warm, is that normal? The console doesn't feel very warm from the outside. My PS4 Pro never heated the discs to anything near as much as PS5 does.

Played Demon's Souls for a few hours.The console is silent to where I sit about two meters away, but can definitely hear the fan from ~10 cm away.
When I ejected the disc it was very warm, is that normal? The console doesn't feel very warm from the outside. My PS4 Pro never heated the discs to anything near as much as PS5 does.
The PS5 is cold from outside, but internally , it’s another story. Some areas could be better cooled.

The one things that really bugs me though is how poor the PS store is, yes its fast as lightning but terrible UI in terms of finding what you need
Open the store, go to search, click the microphone icon and say the game you want to find and BAM!

I am super impressed with PS5's speech to text. it's worked flawlessly - literally 100% flawlessly - since I got my PS5.

Open the store, go to search, click the microphone icon and say the game you want to find and BAM!

I am super impressed with PS5's speech to text. it's worked flawlessly - literally 100% flawlessly - since I got my PS5.

I must say it is very impressive indeed. It even understood me saying “Ghost of Tsushima” which I probably pronounce something like GOTO CHUCHIMA

I must say it is very impressive indeed. It even understood me saying “Ghost of Tsushima” which I probably pronounce something like GOTO CHUCHIMA

Did you have Xbox 360 kinect and used its voice command? I wonder if PS5 is that good or even better.

I can send command even from other room. Although if I play loud music, voice command only work in the same room.

It was one of November's PS+ games. I really like Metroidvania games, so it's right up my alley. It's arguably a bit too slow of a start though. There's such a limited moveset to begin with that I was a little dubious in spite of loving the genre.

It's picked up a fair bit, but the combat is still fairly limited, and the controls aren't quite responsive enough.

I'm eyeing up Pathless for my December game, before I sink into CP2077 in January :D

Man, I also turned thar game down. Your testimonial may push me towards giving it a second chance. I felt like the gameplay was a bit on the stiff side, and I'd spend too much time on combat and too little platforming and exploring (which is what I enjoy most in these games) and combat was more of an exercisw in patience than anything else. I hate games where most skill boils down to enduring a repetitive slow strategy and restraining yourself from even trying to be creative and bold. It punishes you for trying to have fun, and rewards boring play, seems like the oposite of what a game should do. Cuphead was the same and I did complete it, but mostly out of spite hahaha.

SOOOOOO our Digital PS5, which turned itself off completely with Miles, now basically turns itself off at least once a day and with other games too.

Today it happened twice (once on COD and once on Demon). Called PS Support, the guy basically said that they’re aware of the issue, it’s a software issue, and they’ll be releasing a software update ASAP.

I’m not convinced, but at least he did say that if it continues even after the update then we’ll have to get back in touch, and I’ll push for a replacement, hoping there will be stock.

Not great.

SOOOOOO our Digital PS5, which turned itself off completely with Miles, now basically turns itself off at least once a day and with other games too.

Today it happened twice (once on COD and once on Demon). Called PS Support, the guy basically said that they’re aware of the issue, it’s a software issue, and they’ll be releasing a software update ASAP.

NX Gamer's analysis on COD said the game was crashing PS5 and Xbox a-like. Miles Morales was also a known crasher as was Demon Souls.

If you play happy games like Astrobot, Sackboy, Dirt 5 (speeeeeeed... wheeeeeeee!) and uh.. Assassin's Creed Valhalla, you will be spared console crashes. :yes:

I'd never rule out software causing hardware to fail, but it's almost unheard of for software to cause permanent damage hardware in a very specific way whereas it worked some of the time, yet failed in very specific ways. As I said yo you before, I think you were lucky with the lack of crashes you had with Miles Morales.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any word about when (or if, but I hope it's when) the PS5 will get Dolby Vision support for BD playback? Atmos is there for audio, so I'm hoping it's just a matter of waiting. What's the good word about that?

Back