Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

? Want to elaborate before I waste 30 mins?
He talks about the PS5, games he has played like Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Godfall etc. He's a huge Souls fan. Also talks about a few other things. He is well mannered and doesn't do it for the clicks like others do. I didn't finish watching(but will) as I had a match on but I like his Demon's Souls take and started following and I liked what I saw on this video.

Why don't you watch 5min and decide yourself if you want to waste the other 25.

Talks about unified L3 cache(8MB) on the PS5 CPU and that the GPU might have a variant of Inifinity cache(albeit small) on the GPU found in patents.

He talks about the PS5, games he has played like Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Godfall etc. He's a huge Souls fan. Also talks about a few other things. He is well mannered and doesn't do it for the clicks like others do. I didn't finish watching(but will) as I had a match on but I like his Demon's Souls take and started following and I liked what I saw on this video.

Because generally there’s a point to posting a video which should really me mentioned...it’s called context ;)

And I’d did watch a few minutes before coming back to find out if there was something specific about the video...it’s a bit like the HDTV video posted earlier, a simple ‘do this, don’t do that please, I don’t need your life story and what you had for dinner.

We’ve gone from instant loading to save time we now waste watching 30 min videos which contain 2 mins decent material.

Talks about unified L3 cache(8MB) on the PS5 CPU and that the GPU might have a variant of Inifinity cache(albeit small) on the GPU found in patents.
The smallest infinite number is zero. Hasn't this been put to bed? There isn't room on the chip for any meaningful amount of infinity cache is there?

Anyone ordered PS camera adapter? Do they email you when they start shipping it and give you tracking number?

Hey didn't do it for the clicks but for the watch time statistics and multiple ads breaks, probably.

Me on the other hand only make short videos and only have ads on the beginning of a video, very little money for me.

When they sent my adapter, I got an email with a tracking notice for for everything.
I'd suggest using the fedEx app, it should let you know when your adapter is headed your way !

When they sent my adapter, I got an email with a tracking notice for for everything.
I'd suggest using the fedEx app, it should let you know when your adapter is headed your way !

The confirmation email says they'll send mine in December. Now it's December but no email from them :(

Anyone ordered PS camera adapter? Do they email you when they start shipping it and give you tracking number?
I didn't get a tracking number. It came by post office as regular letter mail. I got one confirmation email as soon as I ordered and a second one about 3 weeks later that it had been sent and would take 6 - 12 work days to arrive.
It finally arrived on my doorstep day before I got my PS5, 7 days from the last email, 26 days from the initial order.

I got an email but no tracking number. It took about three days from the email to arrive through the good old Royal Mail.

PS5 topped the hardware sales charts in the UK - pushing the Switch into second place for the first time in months. And that is with Switch sales being up by 96%!
If Switch sales were up by 100% it would have won:D Can we now roughly estimate the amount of sold consoles?

The smallest infinite number is zero. Hasn't this been put to bed? There isn't room on the chip for any meaningful amount of infinity cache is there?
What do you mean?

p.s. also people who wear hats indoor.. what are they hiding?
Messy hair they didn't bother to wash/comb, and/or receding hairlines.

New Anyone ordered PS camera adapter? Do they email you when they start shipping it and give you tracking number?
I did, though only last week. This monday I got an e-mail saying it had been shipped and I should expect it by tomorrow or friday.

PS5 topped the hardware sales charts in the UK - pushing the Switch into second place for the first time in months. And that is with Switch sales being up by 96%!
I'm seeing a number of reports claiming sales of 2:1 compared to the SeriesX.
These should be eventually putting to rest all those news from Business Insider claiming production problems on the PS5 and that TSMC leaker claiming there are much more waffers for Anaconda / SeriesX and for the PS5. Unless the yields for the former are terrible.

Someone has done a tear down on the adapter
So there's an IC for signal conversion? That seems really expensive, considering they're giving away up to 5 million of those.
Hopefully that was the last time we ever saw a non-standard connector in a Sony console.

I'm seeing a number of reports claiming sales of 2:1 compared to the SeriesX.
These should be eventually putting to rest all those news from Business Insider claiming production problems on the PS5 and that TSMC leaker claiming there are much more waffers for Anaconda / SeriesX and for the PS5. Unless the yields for the former are terrible.

Typically I wouldn't agree that with the statement and largely for mainstream consumer devices Yields != units sold

There are a variety of methods to mitigate yield issues on silicon. Even if the SoC itself is the limiting factor for construction of the console (which it likely isn't).

Yield issues for Sony would only reflect in an increase of price at the most. Not a limit of supplies.

Well there are some strange things happening on the PS5 regarding the storage:
https://kotaku.com/the-ps5s-confusing-other-storage-leaves-users-less-room-1845783636
So every game you copy to the internal SSD seems to also reserve capacity under "other".
What is going on there?
Is this just some kind of reserved space for updates?
Strange is also that PS4 games seem to reserve more space than PS5 games.

Maybe it’s because things expand with heat, so they need to make sure games fit even when hot?

Please ignore me.

Reactions: JPT
Back