People Can Fly's new shooter from Epic, Bulletstorm

Is this like Serious Sam and Painkiller, where initially you're all excited and thrilled but you get bored out of your mind after a few levels? ;)

As one of the comments on a review page said, it smells a bit like catering to the sites' advertisers and thus overly positive reviews seem unwarranted. We'll have a better idea once more community and player reviews come in.

I still expect the price to drop like a rock as it goes into the bargain bin.

As one of the comments on a review page said, it smells a bit like catering to the sites' advertisers and thus overly positive reviews seem unwarranted.

There is always the risk of something like on the big gaming sites. But it's also not that far removed from the 8.6 on metacritic.

As one of the comments on a review page said, it smells a bit like catering to the sites' advertisers and thus overly positive reviews seem unwarranted.

Precisely. The huge advertising campaign, and the money that flows to those same sites, for Killzone 3 has clearly positively affected the review scores for that title too. :rolleyes:

Is this like Serious Sam and Painkiller, where initially you're all excited and thrilled but you get bored out of your mind after a few levels? ;)

:oops: Serious Sam and Serious Sam 2 were a blast. I replayed both of those multiple times. :) THOSE games were the true Doom I/II sequels not the crappy Doom 3. :D They were even more of a blast in co-op.

Painkiller on the other hand did kind of peter off after a few hours for me.

I'm still not sure what to think of the game. I'm hoping the PC demo will be of the single player so I can get a feel for it.

Regards,
SB

:oops: Serious Sam and Serious Sam 2 were a blast. I replayed both of those multiple times. :) THOSE games were the true Doom I/II sequels not the crappy Doom 3. :D They were even more of a blast in co-op.
No disputing any of that but I never sat down and went through all of any of the Doom-engine games either. ;) Coop is the only way to really enjoy those games though.

Which makes Bulletstorm's lack of coop a complete deal killer for me. Just like it was with Painkiller pretty much.

No disputing any of that but I never sat down and went through all of any of the Doom-engine games either. ;) Coop is the only way to really enjoy those games though.

Which makes Bulletstorm's lack of coop a complete deal killer for me. Just like it was with Painkiller pretty much.

It has coop called anarchy mode

Does Anarchy Mode let you play co-op through the story or is it like Echo Mode but with multiple players?

I don't know what up with this, maybe they don't have many scores for it, but the 1Up community isn't liking the game one bit: Average Community Score: D-.

It's metacritic score is positive, and that should have multiple votes by now.

You can take a look at a certain game thread on our forum (that's really sour and rotten now) to get a taste of what people are reduced to, nowadays.

I'm trying to be veiled but I can't resist :p

edit: If it's not clear, Average Community Score: NA

If you look on the right hand side of the page I linked to, they show D-. So maybe it's just 1Ups coding mistake?

If you look on the right hand side of the page I linked to, they show D-. So maybe it's just 1Ups coding mistake?

I meant another game that has the exact same release date. Veils and all...
You think the community actually gets and rates games on release day?! Absurdity! :LOL:

I wonder how much people are gonna get this on PC... too poor to afford the console versions this month. But as I throughly enjoyed Painkiller I'll most likely get this as a stance of support anyway.

Back