People Can Fly's new shooter from Epic, Bulletstorm

Played the demo last night. Like Vanquish, I don't think this type of game is for me--a little too fast and chaotic for my taste in a shooter.

I was really hoping for something to impress or amaze me with this demo. I came out of it with a "meh" feeling. It didn't show enough of the game unless character attitude is everything for the game.

My impression is not worth preorder at $60 or even $40 with the GoW3 beta. I predict a quick drop down to $35 with limited deals around $25. It just doesn't seem worth more than $20-$25 to me. It might even drop in price quicker than Crackdown 2 did.

I DL'd it but haven't yet played it. You guys aren't exactly inspiring confidence.

Damn, three boo's from people I trust.

The demo is strictly their Echo mode. The sole purpose is replaying sections of the game by yourself with the goal of achieving the highest score. You score points through kill variations and setups. I guess that sort of thing, solo score building and bragging, just doesn't appeal to many of us.

I think they would have been better served by offering a demo of co-op campaign mode, where the kill variations can lead to group enjoyment, laughter, and banter.

Played the 360 demo. Graphics look fine. Gameplay is fun at first, but runs out of steam pretty fast. Nevertheless, it was more fun than the Crysis 2 demo imo.

I think this game would be most fun in co-op.

For a demo that's all about comparing score's with your friends, it's kind of strange that it won't upload a highscore. I can't seem get much more then about 6000 points, not enough for a 3 star rating. At best I did 19 unique skillshots.

played demo 2 times. Gfx looks good, a bit to much of evrything if you ask me distarcting imo. Pretty boring game after all , i feel like i had enought of this just from the demo and full product just will be to much for me.

played demo 2 times. Gfx looks good, a bit to much of evrything if you ask me distarcting imo. Pretty boring game after all , i feel like i had enought of this just from the demo and full product just will be to much for me.

Im seriously consider to buy this game only for the gears 3 demo:cry:.
I thought i would like it but this sample is way to small and left a negative taste in my mouth.

Still hope i can get into the gears beta via other ways or via combat testing site

There's been a lot of negative talk in here some from me, but I'm still buying this game, and the demo is still fun and looks good.

My concern is whether the scoring system is annoying (what if I just want to kill enemies normally, will I feel I'm doing it wrong?). And also a concern for MP, the whole scoring MP I dont think will catch on so you're looking at the ol $60 for an 8 hour campaign problem. Anyways I'm buying for Gears 3 beta too.

I'm kinda surprised so many people aren't liking it. Even if the demo could been done better, I think there is still a lot of mindless fun to it.

And if this game turns out to be a poor seller, it'll condemn us to another 5 years of gritty realism. :runaway:

I'm kinda surprised so many people aren't liking it. Even if the demo could been done better, I think there is still a lot of mindless fun to it.

And if this game turns out to be a poor seller, it'll condemn us to another 5 years of gritty realism. :runaway:

It doesn't matters how this sells, Call of duty will do that anyway.:LOL:

It doesn't matters how this sells, Call of duty will do that anyway.:LOL:

:runaway:

Well I was hoping Bobby Kotick would destroy it like he's doing with all of Activision's other franchise's.

Edit: The leaderboards are finally working. I thought I was doing well with 7800 points, but the guy in first place has over 21000 points. The lowest ranking person on my friendslist is ranks about 170000th. I'm guessing that means about 200000 people finished the demo. Is that a good number of players for a demo?

Last edited by a moderator:
The demo was pretty fun...sort of like what Devil May Cry would be as an FPS. Problem is that it was kind of hideous to look at ("garish and ugly" is not the only alternative to "brown"), and I can see racking up points getting kind of old after a while, and just falling back to the tried-and-true "shoot everyone in the head until they die" style of gaming. This sort of thing only works if the game is significantly harder when you ignore combos.

The demo was pretty fun...sort of like what Devil May Cry would be as an FPS. Problem is that it was kind of hideous to look at ("garish and ugly" is not the only alternative to "brown"), and I can see racking up points getting kind of old after a while, and just falling back to the tried-and-true "shoot everyone in the head until they die" style of gaming. This sort of thing only works if the game is significantly harder when you ignore combos.

It's significantly harder to score well if you ignore combos. The replay value seems to be based on scoring, so if you don't find value in achieving high scores, I'd think this game isn't for you.

Played the demo today, and........loved it :D !!!!

The first playthrough was uninteresting, as I was just grasping what the hell it is about, but the second playthrough had me racking up points with different weapons and trying out combos ! The cherry on the cake was when the game displayed the leaderboard and I was at number three in my friend list :D !!!! All my so called "hardcore' friends were below my name ! Ha fuckin' Ha :devilish: !

I think I'll get it if it reviews well ! I have this urge to try out more with the pistol and grenade launcher :) !

Back