NieR: Automata [PS4]

Clukos

Bloodborne 2 when?
Veteran
Supporter
Announced a while back, it's releasing in 2016. The trailer at Paris Games Week

Made on UE4, 60 fps. Game looks great, it also got some new info here: http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/04...ly-artwork-and-more-appears-at-tokyo-concert/ Closeup of the main character, assuming that's in-game it's good to see Platinum finally releasing a really good looking game (along with Scalebound and Bayo 2 which is probably one of best looking Wii U games)
cgjg8bhuaaeytypjifxh.jpg

Bokeh dof, nice skin and hair shading :)

Last edited:
Sounds fantastic too but ... what? Bullet-hell RPG? Pretty amazing.

Sounds fantastic too but ... what? Bullet-hell RPG? Pretty amazing.

That's Nier in a nutshell. Bullet-hell action-rpg set in a truly bizarre world, with equally if not more bizarre characters to boot. Too bad the first game looked, played and performed - it was one of the few games where saying "looks like a PS2 game wasn't particularly hyperbolic - so poorly . I'm really excited for this one though.

Looks interesting. Although the main character, especially the cheap way of having the sword floating, looks like ass!

But Boss looks fun.

I think she looks pretty cool. The floating sword is deliberate, by the way (which doesn't mean you have to like it of course. Just sayin')

Demo is out everywhere. I finished it and wow! Platinum has a hit in the production. Can't wait to play the full game.

On base PS4 is 900p and no AA. It can look quite rough.

On Pro [where I played it ] it's 1080p with AA and better effects. I was very pleased with visuals on it.

Reactions: JPT
On base PS4 is 900p and no AA. It can look quite rough.

On Pro [where I played it ] it's 1080p with AA and better effects. I was very pleased with visuals on it.

Now I can feel happy with my PRO purchase, even though I probably wouldn't notice it myself :D

If you cannot notice differences between these, you are incredibly lucky. :D You can safely ignore 99% of internet videogame discussions.

http://cdn3.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Nier_Automata_06_PS4_Standard.png
http://cdn3.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Nier_Automata_06_PS4_Pro.png

Hopefully full game will iron out base PS4 issues.

I can see the lack of AA in the picture, but I do not think I would notice it when playing, unless they are shimmering/crawling :) But if the game is fun/good I usually do not care. People often mention that it breaks immersion, I find that strange, since they have used that argument back to PS1 and probably all the way back to the Atari 2600 :) And the Atari 2600 had very few AA post processing tricks in its arsenal ;)

I used to play the heck out of this

That's nothing. At least Atari provided consistent gameplay.

I finished HL2 on my 300mhz celeron, 48mb of ram and SIS 6326, a GPU that did not support 3D APIs like D3D and OpenGl. Since HL2 requires hardware acceleration, i had to emulate it [yes, opengl emulators existed back then] and somehow finish the game in 320x240 with incredible framerate issues and game hangs. Now that was suffering.

Gaming in the 90s on lowend PCs really put things into perspective nowadays. :D

Reactions: JPT
Back