Texas Hold 'Em (Xbox 360, TikGames): 5

Rumors:

VF5 no longer PS3 exclusive (?)
DMC side story (not DMC4) for 360
Gears of War 2 already in the planning stages
Word is Kingdom Hearts III simultaneous release on PS3/360
Next Elder Scroll's title (expansion?) coming next summer for 360/PC

2 out of 5 rumours isn't that bad.
I mean the Gears Of War 2 and Elder Scrolls (expansion) are given even without a rumour to "back them up".

Kingdom Hearts III rumor is especially hilarious considering the KH team is working on FF versus XIII, and that won't be out for another year or two.

S-E games are never developed with multiple platforms in mind (except perhaps FFXI - which is a whole 'nother ballgame). There has never been a flagship multiplatform title anywhere near the time of release (though slowly but surely the older ones are being ported everywhere possible these days).

Serenity Painted Death said:
There has never been a flagship multiplatform title anywhere near the time of release (though slowly but surely the older ones are being ported everywhere possible these days).
that is what makes me interested in how GTA4 fairs out.

VF5 was actually going to be out on 360 first but Sony paid for a few games to have 3 month to 6 month exclusitivity. One condition Sony is putting in their new contracts is apparently for the publisher to clam up about the 360 version, which is showing in Assassin's Creed and VF5 in particular. Kind of stupid and deceiving if you ask me. Why not just say, "It's going to be on PS3 only for 3 months" instead of trying to trick and deceive consumers into thinking it's exclusive?

I'd put money that Soul Calibur will also be announced as PS3 game, only to have a 360 version revealed later (wouldn't be surprised to see it on Wii too if Namco had any brain cells at all)

All of the rumors but the Kingdom Hearts one look legit to me.

CountZeroInt said:
Kind of stupid and deceiving if you ask me. Why not just say, "It's going to be on PS3 only for 3 months" instead of trying to trick and deceive consumers into thinking it's exclusive?

Not deceptive, but product placement. They don't typically lie to people--only not disclose all their market plans, which of course is their right. They do own the games afterall.

When a company buys a timed-exclusive they are effectively paying the publisher a set amount where in that time period they get the benefit of exclusivity. The only way this has great value is if a) it is not announced for other platforms and/or b) the time frame is substantial.

It is a balancing act; the publisher will make X+Y if they release on both platforms at the same time, so it is up to the console companies to exceed 'Y' revenue to make it worth their while. sometimes this can work to their advantage by shifting more people on the project and then finishing the other console version after it is released.

It all really comes down to money and if a consume must have a piece of software then they need to get the exclusive console or wait and see if the publisher decides to bring it over to another platform and decide if the wait is worth while.

CountZeroInt said:
VF5 was actually going to be out on 360 first but Sony paid for a few games to have 3 month to 6 month exclusitivity. One condition Sony is putting in their new contracts is apparently for the publisher to clam up about the 360 version, which is showing in Assassin's Creed and VF5 in particular. Kind of stupid and deceiving if you ask me. Why not just say, "It's going to be on PS3 only for 3 months" instead of trying to trick and deceive consumers into thinking it's exclusive?
Interesting rumor, where did you read that? Or by any chance, are you an OXM editor? ;) Is the talk of Assassin's Creed for Xbox 360 as credible as this "VF5 on Xbox 360" rumor?

Stillmatic said:
I'm guessing we can throw the VF5 360 rumor right out the window, considering it was announced as a PS3 exclusive.
Does that mean absoloutely 'not a timed exclusive'?

As for KH3 on XB360, I can see reason for that seeing as KH did so well in the US. It's a popular title and releasing on XB360 would provide a larger market than not, depending on when the game is released and how things have developed.

Shifty Geezer said:
Does that mean absoloutely 'not a timed exclusive'?

From that press release no, not absolutely. But since the devs have spoken out about why they're not going multi plat with it, i'd say the odds are in favour of it being an actual exclusive PS3/ARC title.

One of the reasons Virtua Fighter 5 is a PlayStation 3 exclusive is that the team was already used to working with NVIDIA graphics hardware, according to SEGA AM2 president Hiroshi Kataoka.

Speaking in an interview with Japanese Ge-Maga, partly translated by IGN, Kataoka said the fact that Virtua Fighter 4 had been established on PlayStation 2 also played a part in the decision.

"There is the fact that VF4 had already been released on the PS2, but another big reason is that the [arcade technology] Lindbergh and PS3 GPUs are both from NVIDIA, so the technical barriers are low. Also, VF5 is tuned to the limits of the Lindbergh's capabilities, so multiplatform development would have been difficult," he said.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=65823

There's another 360 mag in the UK ( cant remember its name ) i had a look at, and that had loads of PS3 game's coming to 360. Basically the Magazine writer's are just hopeing, the list includid :

UT2007
VF5
MGS4
Warhawk ( i lol'd when i seen that one )

There's loads thats apparantly on there way to 360 but we have'nt heard anything about them, do they know somthing we dont?

We (still) don't hear much about the PS3 so it's very easy to speculate (and get away with it) This means that you get alot of fud from the competition. (MS) I wouldn't take all this to seriously.

On the other hand there are rumors (in EGM monthly) that e.g. Saints Row might be a PS3 Launch title... (though that's no "Sony ******" rumour since EGM is multiplatform ;) )

Shifty Geezer said:
As for KH3 on XB360, I can see reason for that seeing as KH did so well in the US. It's a popular title and releasing on XB360 would provide a larger market than not, depending on when the game is released and how things have developed.

Isn't KH the action RPG with the Disney characters? If so they could also be considering the target audiance (i.e. younger folks who look to their parents to buy them consoles and games). Actually if it is not a full next gen game I would hope they would also aim for the Wii as that could be a big hit.

Back