Nintendo e3 thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, you obviously didn't even read my post. I *SIGHTED* annual sales figures. You know, hard numbers.

I couldn't find any GCN sales numbers in that pdf.

The numbers presented by Geeforcer seem to speak for themselves. Now, admittedly numbers like statistics can easily be abused but it seems to me that the GCN is lagging, certainly behind any projections Nintendo put out.

The point is they're being blown out of proportion as a means to spread FUD. If Nintendo is doing bad then MS is doing worst, considering they're losing buttloads of money on Xbox. That's why you're seeing Xbox360 this year while you won't be seeing Revolution until next year.

If Nintendo is doing bad then MS is doing worst, considering they're losing buttloads of money on Xbox.

That's not the point though is it?

The point is you said Gamecube was "doing fine".

That's why you're seeing Xbox360 this year while you won't be seeing Revolution until next year.

Nintendo's always late to the party, why would that change now?

Microsoft realises that they need to get a head-start on the next gen in order to compete better. Nintendo doesn't seem to realise this. Are you saying it's good that Nintendo are dragging their feet with Revolution?

PC-Engine said:
LOL, you obviously didn't even read my post. I *SIGHTED* annual sales figures. You know, hard numbers.

Page 6, middle of the page.

Code:
NINTENDO GAMECUBE
Territory	Apr.-Dec.'04  	Apr.-Dec.'03 	LTD-Dec.'04
Japan 		33 		         90 		           378
Americas 	226 		       233 		         1,011
Other 		87 		        116 		           413
Total 		346 		       439 		         1,803

That's not the point though is it?

The point is you said Gamecube was "doing fine".

No the point is I don't consider the GCN doing bad just like I don't consider Xbox doing VERY bad. ;)

Nintendo's always late to the party, why would that change now?

Microsoft realises that they need to get a head-start on the next gen in order to compete better. Nintendo doesn't seem to realise this. Are you saying it's good that Nintendo are dragging their feet with Revolution?

I'm saying there's no need to rush out Revolution before PS3, considering GCN is not losing money for Nintendo. It may not be making a buttload of money for Nintendo which everyone already knows, but it's not losing money. There's a difference between losing buttloads of money vs not making buttloads of money. That's my definition of fine vs great or fine vs bad.

Blowing things out of proportion tends to point at an underlying agenda. ;)

Geeforcer said:
PC-Engine said:

Code:
NINTENDO GAMECUBE

How do you get 18 million from those specific figures? :?

As for 4th quarter being the best for GCN sales, isn't this true for all companies?

It's been truer for Nintendo since they tend to release most of their games during that quarter according to past history.

PC-Engine said:
Geeforcer said:

Code:
NINTENDO GAMECUBE

"Sales Units in Ten Thousands". LTD-Dec.'04 under Total: 1,803. 1,803 x 10,000 = 18,030,000.

Convinced yet?

Geeforcer said:
PC-Engine said:
Geeforcer said:

Code:
NINTENDO GAMECUBE

"Sales Units in Ten Thousands". LTD-Dec.'04 under Total: 1,803. 1,803 x 10,000 = 18,030,000.

Convinced yet?

I'm convinced they've moved to 3rd place worldwide by a small margin yes. I'm not convince GCN is doing bad. This is moot anyway since this generation is nearing to a close with MS ending Xbox production. The fact Revolutiion is backwards compatible make this even more irrelevent. Again it's building a mountain out of a mole hill. ;)

PC-Engine said:
Geeforcer said:
PC-Engine said:
Geeforcer said:

Code:
NINTENDO GAMECUBE

Convinced yet?

I'm convinced they've moved to 3rd place worldwide by a small margin yes. I'm not convince GCN is doing bad. This is moot anyway since this generation is nearing to a close with MS ending Xbox production. The fact Revolutiion is backwards compatible make this even more irrelevent. Again it's building a mountain out of a mole hill. ;)

Well that's the point: this generation might be coming to a close for Xbox, but not for Nintendo – their new system is year and a half away. With GC not going well (In my stated and restated opinion), this might be far too long. Bases on what’s happening now, how do you expect GC to fare, sales-wise, in a year it will have to go against X36?

Well that's the point: this generation might be coming to a close for Xbox, but not for Nintendo – their new system is year and a half away. With GC not going well (In my stated and restated opinion), this might be far too long. Bases on what’s happening now, how do you expect GC to fare, sales-wise, in a year it will have to go against X36?

That depends on what they have lined up for GCN. For this year Zelda and a few other key titles are more than enough to hold the fort IMO.

Hmmm, I wonder what's going to happen to GC sales once XBox gets pushed out of production. It seems to me that they plan on continuing GC for some time after XBox will be finished. I wonder if they'll pick up any of their sales, if Sony will, or if it will all just migrate to X360. They might be able to pick up some marketshare towards the end of this generation by default.

IMHO all this talking about GC sales and doing well or not doesn't belongs to this thread..

http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=02ea1a40-ac09-4cdf-9548-91e5a4e78746&page=home

the revolution will be able to download games for NES, SNES, N64...

but will it be a free service ? requiring some subscribtion ? pay per play ?

and reading the "freedom of design chapter", i understant that the revolution could give access to its market to indie developper ? it would be a nice thing !

My guess would be that it would either be a subscription service or you would pay per download, something like itunes. I personally probably wouldn't be willing to pay much more than 1 dollar per NES game or 2 for an SNES or N64 game. A monthly subscription would be fairly attractive, too, if priced right.

Does anyone know if you'll be able to do GB, GBA games on Revolution?

They are still keeping the 'revolutionary part' of the product secret, right? I haven't heard an explanation for that yet.

passby said:
They are still keeping the 'revolutionary part' of the product secret, right? I haven't heard an explanation for that yet.

Correct, that part is the controller from what's know so far.

SithSolo1 said:
So why are there 3 pages of b*tching about the current status of GC sales in the Nintendo e3 thread :?: :rolleyes:

Apparently someone wanted to answer on behalf of another about how GCN is doomed in order to spread FUD and derail the thread in an attempt to overshadow the Revolution's sexy exterior styling. :LOL: ;)

PC-Engine said:
Oh and regarding the heatsink, you should see how big the heatsink is for the orginal PS2. It's friggen HUGE!!!

I've only seen a small image of it. It seems quite tall. Does the PS2(old) have a fan or is it only passively cooled? Doesn't the GCN have a fan? If so then it's not a good comparison obviously as a fan would reduce the size of the needed heatsink for the PS2.

Ty said:
PC-Engine said:
Oh and regarding the heatsink, you should see how big the heatsink is for the orginal PS2. It's friggen HUGE!!!

I've only seen a small image of it. It seems quite tall. Does the PS2(old) have a fan or is it only passively cooled? Doesn't the GCN have a fan? If so then it's not a good comparison obviously as a fan would reduce the size of the needed heatsink for the PS2.

Yes the PS2 has a fan.

I have already asked, but ... Much have been discussed about the size of the rev, but not why ? What is the purpose of making a soo tiny console ?
Jvd has stated that it is to improve the portability of their technologies from the home console to portable one. If i find this idea interesting, i think it is not entirely satisfying.

What would be your guess about the size ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back